Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Glass Forte Stemware Collection Claret Goblet Red Wine Glass, 21.1-Ounce, Set of 6
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 28, 2009
If you have ever wondered if the right glass can enhance your enjoyment of a good wine, try these. I had a nice collection of riedel stemware and they were amazing in form and function, but I guess I am stone-fisted. I have broken at least 3 hand-washing them. I even wondered if my singing might have contributed. Don't get me wrong, I try to take good care of delicate things. I even do microsurgery so I can have a light touch when necessary, but come on! After breaking my last glass, I opted to give these a try. I bought the big bowls for my big reds, some smaller bowls for my pinot, and the taller version for my whites (rarely used,but nice to have when needed). The larger proportions and less than optimal geometry were a concern, but that has been more than offset by their durability. I have owned these 18 glasses for more than 2 years now and despite our bumps, clinks, even a few shocking knock overs onto the granite counter-top, they have survived. The glasses perform well with a range of different wines and their durability surpasses anything I have experienced. Well done on a great product!

Update...
Well going on 7 years from the date of purchase and I have broken 3 of my original 18. What is more amazing is what they have endured over the past 7 years. Hands down the best stemware I have ever owned and not just for their durability. I use them almost daily and they have forever replaced the wedding crystal that seemed like such a good idea at the time.
77 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2009
James Laube from Wine Spectator just named this glass as his only tasting glass and he tastes all his wines in this glass.

He probably just tripled sales of this glass for Schott Zwiesel much to the chagrin of Riedel who has a duplicate for about $5 more per glass. Hence only one left :-)

This is a great glass just like the Riedel.

For years my "go to" glass has been the Burgundy glass and you can drink any wine in this glass - it is so versatile - like the "bread knife" of glasses - if you could only have one it would be this one.
on March 19, 2007
This glasses are large, provide substantial surface area for your wines. Make sure your cupboard shelf is tall enough to store them. They are strong and elegant. I have put them in the dishwasher with no scratches or cracks. A valuable, useful purchase.
on November 3, 2009
Ordered a set of six of these to give four as a gift to a friend and fellow wine lover.
Although I presently have more than enough Miller Rogaska Crystal Wine Glasses and some beautiful cobalt cased crystal hock wine glasses & champagne flutes, I really enjoyed the thin Riedel glasses I once had and some similar thin Danish crystal wine glasses. Unfortunately they were just too delicate and after breaking two or three I was too afraid to use them and they were too much of a trauma to wash with worry they break. I gave the remaining glasses to a couple friends who own a fine wine and spirits store. I wish Schott Zweisel had come out with these terrific durable and elegant glasses years ago when I first purchased my Riedel. They would be my choice for wines, champagne & brandy if I was buying new glasses to stock my bar. I'm sure sales & demand have increased since the article in Wine Spectator. If you want elegant affordable glasses that are a pleasure to drink from and which will feel like Riedel and Spiegelau but without the price or worry about using and washing them, then get at least one set of these terrific glasses. You will enjoy them.
on January 28, 2014
We enjoy the Schott Zwiesel Stemware and this one is just he right size. The glass will hold 13.6 oz however the 5 oz pour is just right in the glass. The glass is light, easy to handle, and quite durable. Our guests enjoy these glasses as well. It is my wife's favorite wine glass and therefore it is my favorite wine glass. We received them on a Sunday as stated, and were quite pleased with the packaging. In fact we used the packaging to store older glasses (not as favorable as these). The glass is great, the price was right, and the shipping was as we expected. Thank you... I would highly recommend these glasses.
on December 16, 2013
I'm not a wine drinker, but my wife is...I was looking for a nice set of crystal glasses and these have made an impression on everyone who drinks out of them...I'll explain:

We have some nice GLASS wine glasses, and much to my surprise there is a smell and TASTE difference when drinking out of these crystal wine glasses. 100% of the people we've had try this taste test have chosen these glasses (I'm sure it's more about the material vs these specific wine glasses). But pour some wine (red or white, doesn't matter) into these and then glass, glasses. Smell it, taste and I would almost guarantee you will notice a difference. I'm sure someone a lot smarter than i can explain this (which I don't need) all I know is it exists.

That said, these glasses are very nice. Too tall to fit in our dishwasher (which I guess is frowned upon anyways), and they've honestly taken some "bumps" that I was certain was going to break them while washing them. They are very light and feel very fragile.

I'd recommend these...
on February 6, 2013
These glasses are fantastic. I use the burgundy for red or white -- glass snobs, just chill out -- and they are just great. I'll be honest, I'm not real fussy about glasses, but what works about these is they have a good size that feels right in your hand but isn't hard to drink out of if that makes any sense. But the biggest plus about these glasses is however they are made, they are really strong. I thought my wine guy was crazy first time he showed me these glasses and banged the side on his granite tasting counter. The advantage to this is these glasses are dishwasher safe. For me, the one thing I AM fussy about is having a really clean glass. And no matter how much hand washing I did, there were always spots and cloudiness. I sound like a commercial from the 70s about dishwasher additives I know. But it's always bothered me at home and when I go out that wine glasses are rarely crystal clean. Well this changes that. Our wine glasses go right in the dishwasher and come out spotless and unbroken. Don't get me wrong, these glasses aren't bullet proof and they can break. We've broken a couple dropping or jamming in the dishwasher too tight. At 10 bucks a stem, I don't mind and the benefit of super clean glasses far outweighs that. I still have my 40 bucks a stem big beautiful glasses, but you know what? They're dusty in my breakfront from lack of use!
on July 24, 2014
We love these glasses, though they are definitely breakable. Initially order 12 so that I would have 4 extra to replace any broken glasses about 4 to 5 years ago. after going through the extra four, I ordered another six pack as backup glasses for any future breaks.

This are made for young pinot, but we've found that we love these glasses for all wines...red and white. We don't even use our set of white wine glasses anymore and only use our big Cabernet glasses when opening a mature Cabernet. The height is perfect as well, as they fit on a shelf in out old 1960 era kitchen cabinets where most other glasses require a special storage location. And the fact that they can be placed in the dish washer is a great feature. We drink wine daily and these things have stood up to countless washings and have only broken when placed into the dish washer improperly that caused the base to get caught on the ceiling of the dish washer.

Highly recommended these wine glasses!
Yes! After years of using a mish mash of old wine glasses, we finally broke down and went for the good ones. These are absolutely perfect. Make no mistake about it, these are restaurant quality wine glasses. High end. The crystal is very thin, and they're brand new, but after some research it does appear that these glasses are made to last.

Love the style. We bought these, and a smaller set of glasses for our whites. Washed them up today and they are gorgeous. After reading some articles on choosing the right wine glasses I realized that I wanted a significant volume for our red wine glasses, but not a huge glass. I don't want to look like Willy Wonka drinking wine. These are perfectly sized for reds, and the ones we got for our whites are also perfect.

Love love love so far!
on June 6, 2007
These are lovely in shape and balance and amazingly thin crystal, but seemingly strong. I haven't tried to break one, but so far I have knocked one once, solidly, with a metal cork holder that swung on its chain and hit the bowl of the glass. It was enough impact to worry me, especially with such thin crystal. But no problem--the glass rebounded nicely and made a pretty ringing noise.

These glasses have a nice, big foot to stand solidly. And they make me feel like Alice in Wonderland at a Mad Hatters wine tasting because they are ENORMOUS. I guess that's the fashion now. You not only get plenty of wine aroma, it just about knocks you out. You won't miss a scent. A set of 6 will crowd a one-door cabinet shelf. If you want lovely, great quality glasses that are bigger than big, get these.