5.0 out of 5 stars Much sturdier than Riedel
Published on February 10, 2010 by Frank T. Steele

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but....
These glasses are really nice. Perfect size, shape, and weight however 4 out of the 6 glasses have marks embedded in the glass.
These glasses are not cheap and for the price I expect perfection. These glasses are said to be very strong and scratch resistant which I am sure they are but very disappointed with the imperfections (which appear to be caused from...
Published on December 14, 2011 by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Much sturdier than Riedel, February 10, 2010
I disagree with the first reviewer. I have always had Riedel Vinum, but once I saw the Forte set (not the cru classic) I decided to try them. Yes the Riedel is thinner in some places, but the Forte shape is EXACTLY the same as the Bordeaux Riedel Vinum's Bordeaux. These glasses are much sturdier. I do not have to worry about my wife washing them, she has broken all my Riedels. These can even be put in a dish washer ! (shudder).

Unfortunately, Amazon's price is out of whack, even with free prime shipping. Most reputable places, like K&L Wines have them for $15 less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough and sexy, December 19, 2011
Helen Hostetter (Jamaica Plain, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Glass Stemware Cru Classic Collection Bordeaux, 27.9-Ounce, Set of 6 (Kitchen)
I can't recommend these wine glasses enough. I bought them in March, since my other wine glasses, one by one, had died tragic deaths mostly related to the dishwasher. I've had them now for about 9 months, and am tickled pink.

First, a disclaimer: I had one wine glass break in the dishwasher, but that was a result of my accidentally dropping it on the dishes while I was loading the dishwasher and the wineglass bouncing under a baking sheet and snapping at the handle. I find that above and beyond normal wear and tear. So, honestly, they're not completely idiot-proof. But then again, I bought ginormous crystal glasses, and expecting them to withstand extreme conditions is unrealistic.

As far as durability goes, they're great. Unlike most wine glasses, these are dishwasher safe - no questions about it. Except for my silly mistake, they have come through the dishwasher without a single chip or scratch. I use a few of them about once a week, so that's a lot of dishwasher cycles with no ill effects. You can clang them in a toast, no problem. You can accidentally bump them against things, no problem. They are much much more tougher than your standard crystal glasses.

Another great thing about the glasses is, they just look pretty. They're really big but they're still easy to hold. I have tiny hands and my husband has huge hands, and we both like the look and feel of the glasses. They make wine look beautiful - swirling wine in a giant glass just looks and feels kind of impressive. Also, they do what they're supposed to and make good wine taste good. You can really get the smell of wine from the top of the glass. I am sure that there are more technical aspects to the glass, but for me the long and short of it is, wine just tastes good in them. Also, the glasses are gorgeous. I recommend them without hesitation for anyone looking for a wine glass that's impressive-looking, durable, and does its job well. My friend also bought them and describes them as "awesome".

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Wine Glass!, January 3, 2011
At last, I have found the perfect wine glass for my cellar of French Bordeaux! Yes, the glass is much more durable than Riedel, especially for such a fine, balanced stem, but that is just the beginning. There is plenty of room in the globe to swirl the wine and get adequate air for the nose of the wine. It actually seems to bring out the essences of the wine more readily. Also, I find the rims of the Reidel stems to be too sharp and not pleasing to put your mouth on, where the Schott Zwiesel stem is fine, but neither sharp nor too thick. I have also tried the champagne flutes and they make a good champagne that much better! I would recommend this stemware to anyone who wants to enhance their wine experience. These glasses are beautiful, durable and practical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these glasses, October 5, 2011
w bennett (TX United States) - See all my reviews
These wine glasses are just what we wanted. They are high-end stemware that have all the appearances of the best glasses out there. We have had them for several months now, and we love them. We wash them in the dishwasher, and we use them like our dayware. Not one glass has broken, scratched, or marred in any way. If we do figure out a way to break one, we will replace it. We will stay with these as long as we can get them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, ellegant, well-balanced and just perfect for everyday use, November 12, 2012
I bought these glasses 5 months ago and they have been in daily use since then. The design is well balanced, the glass is thin but durable. The clinking sound is bell-like; very pleasant. They are tall, big, impressive and can easily hold an entire bottle of wine (not recommended). I think they are far better than just about any wine glass you will see in a restaurant. I'll be buying more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, elegant glasses... a pleasure to use., December 11, 2013
These glasses are just what I wanted: a large size and a graceful shape for red wines. Some folks said these glasses break easily, but I have had no problem. I always hand wash and gently hand dry to prevent water spots. They are quite thin glass, and the manufacturer says they are strong because of the titanium used. So far, it's not a problem as long as one remembers they're wine glasses and not Mason jars. A little TLC is appropriate.
A word on packaging, since you may be disinclined to mail order such a fragile item-- The inner box was cushioned in unusually thick, heavy bubble wrap, about 1" thick, all around. Don't be too concerned about them arriving damaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding quality and great to drink out of, November 1, 2013
These glasses are wonderful. They're perfect size for a nice red wine. The stems are very thin but there is no seam line. The glasses are wonderful to hold in your hand and allow for a nice swirl of your wine. Brim is well crafted and nice on the lips. The glass is very thin in both the glass as well as the stem. I use extreme caution when hand washing them as it feels like they could definitely break if care is not used. They're not cheap, but I feel like they are a good investment if you really like quality red wine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal that feels fine but is not fragile, November 12, 2012
I like to drink good wine out of a glass that feels like good crystal, no plastic cups ever. These glasses feel great and are almost indistructable. Enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Cru Classic Claret/Red Wine 19.8 oz, September 26, 2012
Last year before the holidays I splurged on a much much larger version from the Schott Zwiesel Cru Classic line. I liked them a lot, except they are embarrassingly huge. No need for a decanter, you can pour a whole bottle of wine into one glass. They could do double duty as a goldfish bowl. I wanted the exact same thing, just in a reasonable size. And, I didn't want pay the hefty price again. I compromised and bought Bormioli Gourmet which were a lot less expensive. I guess I'm easy because I liked them a lot too. So much so that I broke all six in less than a year! So, back to Amazon for more wine glasses, and back to wanting a smaller Schott Zwiesel Cru Classic but not wanting to pay the price.

Then all of a sudden, my lucky day, there these were on Amazon Warehouse Deals for the same price as Bormioli. True to Amazon customer service, they arrived in no time. The packaging was a disaster, but the glasses are perfect and they survived their perilous journey to my house without a scratch. The size of these are just right, not too big not too small. The shape is relatively narrow but they still have plenty of room to swirl. They also fit into the dish washer well, although I may decide to hand wash them. The Schott Zwiesel glass is very thin and looks delicate even though they are supposed to be sturdy. And, I'm pretty sure that trying to cram the Bormioli glasses into the dishwasher is really what did them in.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite red wine glass, February 26, 2011
Yes, it's a large glass which made me hesitate at first, but it feels the perfect fit in my rather small hand, well balanced and comfortable to hold. Filled with about 5 and 1/2 ounces allows the wine to breath with a few swirls and lets you enjoy 'the nose' of your favorites. Dishwasher safe too, at least on the top rack. Being too tall to stand upright I fit them in on a slant securely over two rows, and they come out perfect, not broken like some other glasses. Can't wash too many at a time this way, but then that's true for just about any type of the taller wine stemware in a standard dishwasher. They haven't been through the diswasher many times yet but no etching or cloudy spots to date. Thoroughly happy with my purchase.

Rate and Discover Movies