5.0 out of 5 stars Beatiful & Very Attractive to Hummers
I have several glass Hummingbird Feeders and this is one of their favorites. They are attracted by the color and I've had as many as 7 Hummers feeding at one time at this feeder. They can sit and feed and hang out too, which they often do. It's easy to clean with a brush and the bottom comes apart for simple, quick, and thorough cleaning. I have two.
Published on August 4, 2009 by H. Ongaro

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality
The red lining came off just after a month of use. Looks like a simple glass half lined now. Not worth the price.
Published on April 5, 2012 by Magdalena VB

5.0 out of 5 stars Beatiful & Very Attractive to Hummers, August 4, 2009
This review is from: Schrodt CSH-F-R Crystal Spiral Hummingbird Feeder (Lawn & Patio)

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, April 5, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful American quality!, December 4, 2011
Doug Fregolle (LOS ANGELES, CA, US) - See all my reviews
Beautiful. Quality. Hummingbirds LOVE it! This is my second feeder. The first lasted over six years! Will buy another one for my parents for Xmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Favorite Schrodt, October 2, 2013
We have several Schrodt feeders. This one is our favorite, and probably because of the bright red, faceted glass, the hummers' favorite too. This one is the largest of the Schrodt feeders, holding probably twice the sugar water of their smaller models, if you fill it up. We do not, as we refill often, and use only a cup at a time, otherwise we would be pouring out a lot of the left-over nectar. I have never seen a Schrodt feeder leak in high winds, I think because the top of the base presses down firmly against the bottom as you screw in the glass top. Disassembly for cleaning and filling is easy, and so is reassembly. The top half of the base is copper, not some coated metal that will rust over time. The copper has four flower-shaped designs cut into it for feeding so you don't have to worry about raised, attached "flowers" breaking or falling off. In our experience it takes a bit for the birds to learn to drink from this design, but they do, and because the slots can't clog like some of the narrow-throated "flowers", they don't require any effort to clean when refilling. The birds also like the ability to perch on the edge of the feeder while drinking, or just resting while guarding their food source. The bottom is plastic, but is solid and seems to be ozone resistant. We have had one Schrodt for several years and the plastic looks like new and a quick polish with steel wool on the copper brings that back to new if you don't like the aged patina that copper takes on when exposed to the weather. A bottle brush, available on Amazon, along with a little soapy water, and a paper towel or two is all you will need to clean these feeders. While Schrodt feeders are all pricey, at two to three times the cost of cheaper hummingbird feeders, at least with these models you get what you pay for...a great looking feeder that is functional, not too wasteful of nectar, easy to clean and refill, and lasts for years without a lot of annual maintenance. We recommend these feeders and particularly this model.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great feeder, February 12, 2012
We had one of the smaller versions of this that suffered two serious flaws: too dark to see the fluid level and not enough capacity. This model solves both issues. It looks great, is easy to see inside, and holds plenty of sugar water. The birds love it! And it's reasonably resistant to yellow jackets. I took off one star because the copper has relatively sharp edges and there is some sort of coating that prevents it from corroding the way copper should.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, August 20, 2012
Mary (Cincinnati, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
The holes on the feeder are too big which allows bees, lots of bees, to get into it. This makes cleaning it and changing the nectar difficult if not dangerous. As soon as the nectar is gone, this feeder will be going into the garbage. Big waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Hummingbird feeder gets the compliments!, August 30, 2011
Hiya! When the UPS brought this Hummingbird feeder and I opened the box, I was impressed. This is a stylish, fancy hummingbird feeder. The picture doesn't do just. Seeing it for yourself will make you happy of your purchase. Okay, so do the Hummingbirds like the Feeder? By the second day I saw a tiny Hummingbird perched on the feeder and drinking away. The Hummingbird has returned ever since! Family and even passing neighbors have made compliments on the feeder! This is Hopscotch and that's my review! :)

3.0 out of 5 stars The color will scratch off and fade, July 13, 2012
I must admit I love this feeder. The copper base and red glass are beautiful. I had read several reviews of people having problems with the color on the glass. Despite those warnings I went ahead and purchased this feeder. The glass is not stained and is some type of plastic (or?) that goes over the glass. I've already noticed it is scratched away where it screws into the base. I also assume that it will fade as several others have noted. Hopefully mine doesn't fade, it is in the shade. It has been two months and no fading yet. As for the scratching of the color, no one sees the base part and I'm really careful with the rest. ... Until it fades, I will enjoy looking at it and so will the birds. Speaking of the birds, they love this feeder. They either feed in the air or sit for a drink. They can't sit too long of King Hummer will chase them off.

Summary: Great feeder but the color on the glass needs to be fixed. Because of this, i rate this feeder 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable!, August 23, 2013
My wife and I unpacked this hummingbird feeder, filled it with the First Nature 3052 Clear Hummingbird Nectar, 16-ounce Concentrate and hung the feeder back yard. Within seconds, and I mean seconds a small hummingbird saw the red crystal feeder and came in and landed! I have never seen anything like it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap materials make this feeder a reject, October 28, 2014
I bought this feeder 18 months ago. I loved the design. Then it started falling apart. The copper base is not really copper , it is a copper coating over some kind of base metal. The bottom of the base is a plastic reservoir that became loose as the feeder aged and so the feeder starting dripping. The glass is not red it is clear glass with a red coating that started peeling off the feeder when the feeder was washed between uses. Very disappointed that the materials were not quality. Do NOT buy.

Schrodt CSH-F-R Crystal Spiral Hummingbird Feeder