5.0 out of 5 stars Great Battery
Published on June 18, 2010 by MAW

1.0 out of 5 stars less than one star
Published on January 5, 2011 by J-Dawg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Battery, June 18, 2010
This review is from: Schumacher PP-2200 Portable Outdoor Power Unit (Automotive)
This is a great product. Do yourself a favor, don't bother with the included charger. Buy a BatteryMinder desulphating conditioning charger with a cigerette adapter. You can leave it plugged in continuously and the battery will be maintained in peak condition. Also, the "hum" mentioned by another reviewer is the cooling fan for the inverter which comes on during high loads.
_____________
Update:
I've been using this battery to run astronomy equipment regularly for the last year - primarily via 12 volt plug. I've charged it exclusively with the BatteryMinder and it's always 13.6 volts when I disconnect it for use. No complaints with the battery. However, when I use it, the the alarm on the inverter seems to sound well before voltage is critically low - somewhere around 12 volts on my digital meter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, February 17, 2010
I am able to power my telescope, laptop, and Canon Eos for hours, and have still never gone below 3/4 charge. I have learned the key to success though, is the unit must remain on the charger when stored. They clearly warn you to charge at least monthly. Only negative is recharge takes a very long time (normally overnight. Wish it had 1 more cigarette adapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 28, 2010
I use this unit to power my laptop, printer, wireless router, etc. I use it mainly for business because I always need a power outlet where one is not available. I bought two of these and will probably buy more!

1.0 out of 5 stars less than one star, January 5, 2011
J-Dawg "J-Dawg" (on the coast "east") - See all my reviews
This item was not new as stated. When I opened the packed the inner box was old and scratched. the box that contained the charging cord is old and falling apart. The pin on the charging cord is all scratched so you could see it was used many times.This seller is dishonest. The power pack itself has a huge crack in it going almost the whole width of it. the sticker on the power pack is old & scratched. I think they purposely packed this unit poorly to make it look like the shipper UPS damaged it but I don't think that is the case. This unit looks like it has been damaged & kicking around a warehouse for a long time. Amazons policy is no return stating hazmat material. I will now have to dispute it on my card. This is a bogus return policy and is illegal in my state.

1.0 out of 5 stars Schumacher PP-2200, December 1, 2010
I recently bought one, charged it as instructed, used it once and after that IT WOULD NOT CHARGE AGAIN! It was supposedly a new item! Called manufacturer but was told to contact AMAZON. Tried to get a replacement online (no tel.# to talk to an Amazon agent directly) but it's classified as hazardous and therefore CAN'T BE RETURNED OR REPLACED. It wasn't classified as hazardous when they send it to me. Where's the logic in that! Now I'm stuck with a DEAD SCHUMACHER !!! Amazon.com thank you for that. My advice: DO NOT BUY ONE UNLESS YOU ARE SURE IT IS AN ITEM THAT CAN BE REPLACED.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead on arrival, November 9, 2010
After charging the battery for 72 hours as directed, we switched it on, plugged in a light and were greeted with a loud beep and a green light, but absolutely no power. And since these batteries cannot be shipped back, there is no way to return them. A disappointingly shoddy product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT purchase!, December 7, 2010
Schumacher PP-2200 Portable Outdoor Power Unit
Do not make mistake of purchasing this or similar items from Amazon!
Purchased as a gift. Outside packing in very good condition. Product box in pieces & item had obviously been returned! Now unable to return to amazon due to their return policy - I'm to dispose of it at my expense and with no reimbursement!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped Working After 3 months, September 14, 2010
I purchased this unit a few months ago and used it a few times. Now it will not work and when I turn it on all I get is a high pitched tone. It shows fully charged, but as soon as you plug anything into it the high pitched tone sounds and there is no power. Not very happy because Amazon will not take it back or provide a way to return it for repair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't charge after five days, October 30, 2010
According to the manual, the unit should be charged fully prior to use for 8 hours minimum. Sorry to say, the battery has been sitting plugged into the charger for five days and no power. The green indicator light has never come on and the unit won't power anything. Seems like the battery must have died in storage.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize this at the time of order but Amazon does not accept returns on this item because it contains hazardous materials. So, in addition to losing out on the cost of the unit I'm also stuck with 20 lbs. of useless lead acid that needs to be recycled at my expense.

Wish I hadn't been the unlucky one - sounds like a lot of folks had a positive experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for crafters! The Schumacher pp-2200 portable power, June 19, 2010
We are crafters who travel to many out door shows where there is no electric. This unit lets us run 4 welcome lamps with C7 bulbs for 8 hours at a time. It is quiet and small. Perfect to hide under a table in our craft tent. Just keep in mind that it must be recharged at night to be able to use the next day.