5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Product -was there any doubt?
Works well. Does exactly what it says it would. Even if it is called "manual" there is no way it could over charge a battery. Once the charge voltage in the battery equals the voltage the charger puts out it would only maintain it at the level coming in. I'm here to order 3 more.
Published on September 26, 2010 by A. Peterson

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a Battery Tender!
I purchased this because I thought it was a trickle charger (battery Tender), instead I find it needs to be monitored. The name is ms-leading, I returned it.
Published 20 months ago by KWD

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have charger, August 21, 2012
This review is from: Schumacher SE-1 Trickle Manual Battery Charger - 1 Amp (Misc.)
This is a must-have if you don't need an automatic charger. It puts out just a little over one amp and is great for charging new 6/12 volt batteries for the first time. If using this as a regular (everyday) charger, be sure to unplug the unit manually once battery is fully charged. This charger does not shut off automatically and will over-charge if not monitored. 5-Stars on this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT A MAINTAINER- 1amp *MANUAL CHARGER* that works well, May 12, 2014
I purchased this to raise the voltage of one of my motorcycle batteries because it was reading 2.25 volts and hadn't been used for many years. None of my Automatic chargers or maintainers (CTEK 3300, CTEK 0.8, Battery Minder 12118, Associated Equipment 9003) would start their charging mode with the voltage that low. I hooked it up and let it work for a couple of hours then removed it. One by one I tried all my automatic chargers and found the battery voltage was now high enough to activate all of their charging modes.

Because so many people are trying to use this as a cheap maintainer I performed the following action for them. I hooked this charger up to a fully charged 50Ah Optima Red Top and watched the voltage climb. It peaked at about 16.08V at which point I promptly removed it. I then tried it on a good 8.6Ah Yuasa motorcycle battery and got the same results. With a peak of 16V this is clearly not a maintainer.

PLEASE, No more low star reviews from people that think this is a maintainer or from the people that are afraid it will cook their battery, you're trying to use it for the wrong purpose. What you need is an *AUTOMATIC* Maintainer.

It does what it was designed to do very well! That being slowly MANUALLY CHARGE batteries, not maintain them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why would anyone purchase a manual trickle charger?, January 21, 2010
It may or may not have worked. However, it requires you to monitor the battery being charged, and remove it before over charging! For a few bucks more (sometimes less), you can get a trickle charger that can be left attached to the battery indefinitely (all winter) without causing damage. Just hook it up and forget it! Don't waste money on a manual trickle charger.

4.0 out of 5 stars is a charger, January 26, 2014
not to be confused with a floating charger, this is a good cheap charger, but just remember it is bad to leave your batteries on forever.

1.0 out of 5 stars This killed my battery, January 4, 2014
D. Mills (Spring Lake, MI United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased two of these for the batteries in my wave runners and both of the batteries were dead when I went to use them - I mean dead to where I could not recharge them and needed to by new. These chargers were trashed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy an Automatic One, July 22, 2013
I bought this by mistake. I should have bought an automatic one since I plan to leave it on all the time. Seemed to be made well though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty straightforward and simple., June 23, 2013
Hook it up, and plug it in. If you have a bad short term memory, buy one that will automatically cycle off. Otherwise, this is good for overnight charging, not off-season maintenance use.

2.0 out of 5 stars battery charger, April 12, 2013
Poor choice on my part unit reqres constant monatoring or batt damage results should have bought another type that outamatic

5.0 out of 5 stars Dual Function Battery Charger Tested! Results Included!, July 31, 2014
Well, since I am up late in the early hours because I cant sleep, I decided to write a review of this cheap, but useable charger.

With a multi-meter connected, the charger puts out 13.8 - 14 Volts.

Completely charged a 12 Volt Lead Acid Battery (UB1250) in about 6 hours.

Not recommended, but partially charged a set of 6 cell lithium ion laptop batteries (connected in series and parallel to derive 11.1 volts) to 11.8 volts in one hour.

Charger automatically shuts down when lithium ion battery pack reached 11.8 to 12 volts after current passes 1 amp charger limit. (Very Good Safety Feature).

This charger is worth it's cost because not only is it functional as a lead acid battery charger; it's functional as a 6 cell lithium ion charger that safely shuts off way before overcharge point of lithium ion battery pack.

3.0 out of 5 stars For Motorcycles and Lawn Tractors, April 8, 2010
Rick Curtis (Yakima, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased the item for my car only to read on the box it is for motorcycles and lawn tractors. So don't do what I did...read the print before ordering.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

Schumacher SE-1 Trickle Manual  Battery Charger - 1 Amp
$23.85 $14.16
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies