5.0 out of 5 stars It dose what it says
100 watts using cig plug and I pushed to 500 watts for 1 hour continues. did not notice any over heating. just make sure you do not use cig plug if wanting full output. as it use up to 12 amps under heavy loads.so far good unit
Published 4 months ago by Dallas Oakes

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad
Published 12 months ago by JB

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, September 14, 2013
This review is from: Schumacher XI41B 'X-Line' 410W Power Inverter with Battery Clamps and 12V Male Adapter Plug (Automotive)
Considering the reviews below I have one of my own. First of all... I don't know of any Wal-Mart in the world that doesn't take returns. I took back a cell phone car holster after a week when I dropped it and they gave me cash to go buy another one. So there is that debunked. Also if you use it correctly it should power your computer. I plugged it into my CAR BATTERY cold and it worked just fine and powered my Mac Book PRO and a radio at the same time.... weird... a product that is under $40 that does what it says. NOW... will it work forever? Maybe not. But it was cheap and served its purpose for what I needed at the exact moment. Tip: READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, LIKE IT SAYS, BEFORE YOU USE IT!

1.0 out of 5 stars ive had 3 of these and they were all trash, December 28, 2012
so the first unit i hads button broke after about 5 minutes and the unit was rendered inoperable. That unit was originally purchased at wallmart who wouldnt take it back.

The second unit worked for about 2 months then the actual ac adapter litterally just fell apart and fell out of the unit. It was like watching a acme cartoon where the whole unit just all falls apart at once.

The third unit i had didnt work right out of the box.

Dont buy shumacher products, they might appear to have some nice features, or to do what you want, but its a scam. These units are assembled by seeminly the worst people on earth, and no one stands behind anything ever.

I cant say enough bad about this product, or the company that produces it. Ive had to purchase brand new units every time (because no one will stand behind their product whatsoever), and ive never seen one last for more then 60 days out of the total of 5 units ive ever seen.

4.0 out of 5 stars powered my 320gb ps3 in my 01 expedition, June 23, 2014
I connected to battery on my 01 expedition using clamps of course and it powed it on and worked so i have a 4 gauge wiring in the back for my amp so i connected to that wiring with the ps3 and it turned on and played with no problems i didnt try with car not running tho.

5.0 out of 5 stars It dose what it says, May 21, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars works fine, December 4, 2013
so far there is nothing wrong with this unit. It powers several items the cooling fan is quiet. The unit never even gets hot. I also bought it at Wal Mart

2.0 out of 5 stars Purchased product at Wal-Mart., January 11, 2013
Bought the first converter about 2 hours ago ,and open up and it looked like a return. I basically bought it for the cigarette plug and the positive side had bear wire and the negative had the correct connection. Took it back for the exchange,and they didn't have anymore of the same product, but i could travel 2.5 miles across town at another Wal-Mart to exchange it. If I said it wants I'll say it again Wal-Mart Electronics SUCK!

2.0 out of 5 stars no spare parts avaialble, August 1, 2013
The product has worked OK so far for charging iPhones and other small item, but we recently damaged the 12V cigarette plug and cannot find any replacement parts. Seems like something that breaks so easily would have an easy way to replace it instead of having to buy the whole inverter over again.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT for laptops, May 12, 2013
I was on the road and desperate for an inverter, so I bought this at Walmart because it was the only model available. Even though it's advertised as a "410W" inverter, it cannot power my middle of the road Gateway laptop. It also has a warning about containing carcinogenic materials. Yeesh! I agree with the other reviewers. From now on I am going to read Amazon reviews before buying electronics from Wal Mart.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blew My Alternator Now All it Does is Beep, March 19, 2014
Stay away from this inverter. Short version is: it blew my alternator around Christmas. So since the mechanic recommended I replace my batter too, I tried attaching this thing directly to the battery. Now it just beeps constantly.

I should have followed my gut when I saw the other reviews.