Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Schumann's Resonance - 7.83 Hz
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Periphery Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 1, 2012
I am one of those people who have tried everything that relates to meditation and brain improvement. I've been listening to these two tracks for some time now and I thought that a good review is due together with a comparison between the different types of brainwave meditation.

There are two main types of brainwave entrainment out there. Binaural beats is one of them, the other one is isochronic tones. These two tracks are made with isochronic tones - you can easily recognize the beats while listening to the tracks. The beauty of isochronic tones is that you do not have to use headphones. They work well even if you only play the music in one ear because unlike binaural beats, the brain does not have to construct the beat. The frequency with isochronic tones relates to beat frequency - the frequency at which a tone is turned on and off. The brain, in turn, synchronizes itself with that frequency to produce the desired effect.

I've tried most of the brainwave entrainment CDs that have been on the market for the last 15 years. All of them are excellent and I think that it is a matter of personal choice which one works for you. These two are by far my favorites because of the great combination of very relaxing background and the strong tones that you just can't miss.

I've been using Schumann Resonance as a substitute of a power nap and it works like a charm, I can never stay awake while listening to it. Those like me, who are meditation junkies, know that a lot more is happening than a power nap - I am not exactly sure how the brain reacts to this stuff but it does help with clearing the mind and washing away the stress.

I noticed that the two critical reviews here were written by people who did not even purchase these tracks - I would recommend that they do.

And to summarize, here are the pros and cons:

Cons:
-No instruction, no description, if you don't know anything about brain waves and isochronic tones, you don't know what you are buying.
-Not available in CD format - I would have loved to buy this as a gift

Pros:
-Super relaxing background
-Strong beats turning on and off at a very relaxing frequency
-Numerous long term emotional and health benefits (generally typical for brain wave synchronization or powerful meditations)
-Very easy to use
-More relaxing and powerful than other meditations that I've tried
66 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2012
I used both of the tracks on this album for help in falling asleep. At the time I started, I wasn't sleeping well and was having what I think was slight anxiety that was keeping me awake at night. I haven't had a problem since listening to these recordings while falling asleep and feel in general much better physically and emotionally. I even look forward to going to bed to listen to them. I typically fall asleep before one of the tracks ends. I did notice that "inner depths" caused me to sleep much deeper if it was on a loop (by accident) and it was hard to wake up to an alarm, maybe I went too deep? I strongly recommend both tracks.
on February 26, 2011
It's like going out and spending time in nature. The calm and the peace that comes from listening to this, is incredible. For $1.98, it's a great deal. It's worth 10 times that amount. I didn't really notice it till the 2nd or 3rd time I listened to it and now I listen to it daily. Great deal, great price.
on January 27, 2012
I don't technically have an insomnia problem- I just like to play something to cover outside noises. This CD fits the bill wonderfully! I feel it is very important for a good noise-blocker to have a good low-frequency component- something which many "atmospheric" albums - such as rain, thunderstorm or other nature-sounds CDs lack. This CD has a constant oscillating "hum" in the background, which makes it possible to block out most outside noise while keeping the volume of the CD very low. The oscillating nature of the bass hum seemed a little annoying at first (especially on the first track, where it is more prevalent), but after listening for 3 or 4 nights, it is no longer a problem- and the fact that I can keep the volume of this very low - to the point where it is barely audible- and yet it blocks out the noise very well, really makes it conducive to sleeping.

I don't believe in the so-called "science" behind these things- but just the fact that this can block out extraneous noises well, while not introducing annoying high-pitched sounds or stimulating melodies, makes it ideal.

The first track does have somewhat of an identifiable melody, which thus can tend to draw attention to the track, as one can either find it monotonous or begin to anticipate the next tones, which tends to draw one's focus to the sounds, which is not a good thing when trying to sleep...but as I got used to this CD over the course of several days, I found that to be less of an issue- so do give yourself time to get used to it.

The second track however, is where this CD really shines- as it is very eerie and calming, with no real discernible melody, and thus tends to encourage sleep. I play both tracks on "repeat" all through the night- but I usually start out with the second track, and find that I am asleep before the first track plays. (I have old computer speakers mounted on the wall on either side of my bed, to which I hook-up my MP3 player to listen to this).

Since I started listening to this several days ago, I seem to be sleeping deeper and dreaming more and longer, every night (Whereas dreams had been rare for me lately).

All in all, this is a wonderfully relaxing albumn that works on many levels. It keeps a quite level volume, with no volume spikes, and no annoying reptitive sounds (like crickets chirping or water sloshing- which I find can be very annoying and monotonous on other CDs I've heard).

This CD is quite unique and I highly recommend that you try it, and give it a chance over the course of several nights- as it sounds quite different after you become used to it, than when you first listen. For the price, it is a GREAT bargain! I tend to alternate between this album and thisSleep Deeply and between the two of them, I am in heaven! I looked through and sampled a BUNCH of other sleep and atmospheric-sound albums before ordering these- in my opinion, these are the cream of the crop!
on September 16, 2011
If you listen to this with headphones or earbuds, it makes you feel like you're in a much larger room. I think it's the steady, low rumbling undertone. It kind of reminds me of the space ship sound from the movie "Independence Day". And it's really relaxing. I keep meaning to listen all the way through, but I keep falling asleep.

If you are stressed and your mind races, definitely listen to this to relax.
on May 8, 2012
I purchased this audio download to block-out my noisy neighbors. A surprising effect is the music's ability to keep me calm and focused, yet not drowsy. I now put this music on whenever I am studying or working on a project that demands 100% of my attention. Another bonus: After playing both tracks all day (5-6 hrs), I find that I sleep better at night (without the music on while sleeping). I highly recommend this MP3.
on March 12, 2013
#1 is really deep and feels like it stirs the mud within....very minor tones w/few resolutions higher. As an energy worker, I would say it's probably helping to release the deep dark energies that we hide so well from others, ... except it doesn't have enough shifting into major keys to bring it to the surface for release--it just stirs them up. Actually, I found it almost depressing listening to it. So I would not recommend it to someone who suffers from depression. Again, if it just had a few more major tones resolution to lift you out of all that minor key mud-stirring, it would have been fine.

#2 is a pretty good and one that I would listen to more regularly.
on May 26, 2012
This beautiful meditation simply works. I noticed that no matter how stressed or affected I might be before I start the meditation, towards the middle of the meditation I find myself completely relaxed. The best part is that unlike other meditaitons, I don't have to focus on anything or try to stop my thoughts - the relaxation simply happens. A few times I relaxed so much that I fell asleep towards the end. This is the most effortless way to meditate I've done so far. And I mean truly effortless.

What I have been noticing is that my sleep has become better, I seem to be much more awake and energized during the day and I don't need to go for energy drinks so much. I feel more clear minded and at work I am noticing that I am alert, yet relaxed. Seems like my stress levels have gone down as well, as I am not stressing over things so much. My job is very stressful but seems like my attitude has become calmer and more detatched. Focused and efficient, yet detached.

I highly recommend it.
on June 17, 2012
I wasn't sleeping well due to stress and musculoskeletal issues. I believe in using a mix of Western, Eastern, and Alternative methods for healing. I tried OTC sleep meds and went to my Dr. for a prescription consultation, this didn't work. I continue to go to my Chiropractor for my musculoskeletal issues. I also went to accupunture and floation therapies. These methods do work for me, but, you have to keep it up and it gets expensive. Even though I go to the Chiropractor every month, I can only afford accupunture and floatation therapy a few times a year. I noticed during floatation therapy the music played in the pod the first 5 minutes was extremly relaxing. After doing some research online on binural beats, I came here to purchase a MP3 download. Schumann's Resonance is the best money I have spent to invest in my health! I play this just about every night. The music is not jarring to me. Depending on how stressed I am, is how far I remember listening to it and then falling asleep. The first night I did get through both songs. This was back in January. Nowadays, I get about 1/2 way through before I fall asleep. Though, I did make the mistake of looping the songs and I didn't make it to work until 11am. I love this Schumann's Resonance MP3 and I play "Weightless" by Marconi Union beforehand. I've recommended this to family, friends, and now, YOU!
on April 27, 2013
My husband plays this every night to get to sleep...and it works! In ten minutes, he's usually sound asleep. But I don't dare turn it off, because that wakes him up again. And I personally find it a dreary dirge that bores the hell out of me (though not to the point of going to sleep). No, he can't wear headphones or even ear buds; they're just not comfortable enough to fall asleep in. So we play Schumann all night, at a low volume, and he sleeps and I just try to tune it out. But that's okay, because it's the only thing that works for him, and we've tried everything to fight his insomnia (including nature sounds, hypnosis tapes, herbal tea, and drugs). So thanks, Schumann! Play on!