Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Schwinn 150 Upright Exercise Bike
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon January 10, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Using this bike for a while now, I feel comfortable giving potential buyers a fairly complete picture of what this exercise bike will, and will not, give you.

As far as I am aware, there are 2 different kinds of exercise bikes--one that is upright--like this one--and another that almost makes an even plane with you seated, and the pedals out in front--the recumbent. The latter was what I used most when going to the gym. With the recumbent you get an even workout between your quads, hamstrings, and butt. All of these are worked and sore after you do a workout. This Schwinn upright is a little different.

The trade-off between the recumbent bikes and this Schwinn upright is that you are getting a realistic biking experience and sacrificing a few muscle groups, which are not worked as much as when on the recumbent. Because you are upright and seated, the quads will get worked the most, hamstrings the least, and the butt moderately. To extrapolate very subjective percentages of these muscle groups,

[---I would say these values accurately represent what gets worked---]:

Quads (these hurt the most during the work out) - 75%

Hamstrings - 5%

Butt - 20%

[---The only real differences between riding a real bike and the Schwinn 150 are---]:

1. No need to maintain balance,
2. Cannot really stand and pedal--which would allow more of the hamstrings and butt to be worked,
3. You are not subject to the elements and Sun,
4. No sticking bike chain (the Schwinn pedal motion is as smooth as you could hope for), and
5. The scenary.

As you see there are drawbacks to not riding the real thing, and improvements on the real experience by owning this exercise bike. I will say that the Schwinn 150 does an outstanding job at simulating the exact experience of riding a bike where you stay seated the whole time. If this is what you are looking for, I can tell you that this Schwinn does that perfectly. It is up to you to decide if it is worth the purchase or not.

[---What The Schwinn 150 Does Right---]

As far as the most basic of operations--pedaling, noise, adjustments, tension--this bike performs flawlessly. You can customize workouts so that it automatically adjusts levels whenever you wish. The bike is as quiet as dead silent can get. You hear *nothing* outside of your clothes brushing back and forth. Using this twice daily for almost a month, the bike has not gotten any louder, and the level of tension makes no difference on the noise or pedaling fluidity.

The smoothness of the biking is exceptional--being extremely easy to pedal (should you have the strength at the high levels). The pedals themselves are ridged, but do not have the normal biking `spikes' to keep your feet in place. I usually bike bare-footed even though the manual recommends shoes, and cannot speak for your specific feet but; the bike will not be a reason for discomfort if you choose to bike barefooted, for the surface of the pedal is not obtrusively rough.

The tension can be as light as you want or as hard as a resistance as needed to give your muscles plenty of difficulty to maintain a steady pace. I am a male, 6'1" and 190 pounds and, for a 15 minute workout, starting at tension 6 and going no higher than 9 I have a slight sweat and heavy breathing with a workout pulse of 140. This bike will go up to 16 which is pretty rough, to say the least, if you are doing it for even a short period of time. Within even a week, my legs and butt are firm and quads have become more defined. I also feel a lot stronger walking around for longer periods of time, and playing sports has become much easier. This gives a good workout if you want it too.

As you can see from above, this bike allows your pulse to be taken--by gripping the metal plates in the middle of the handlebars. The only downside is that you cannot move your hands, and it takes a while for the readout to `catch up' to your heart rate before it accurately displays the correct pulse.
The seat height is, I am confident to say, pretty universal in that it can be adjusted for all sizes of people--from short to long legs.

The bike parts are made mostly of solid metal, where the only plastic is on the console itself--which looks and feels pretty cheap, though it works well enough for its purposes. It is not a cheap looking, or feeling, bike. The best scenario would have this bike on a level, hard surface but I have some good news for those whose only good spot is on carpet. It works just fine. How do I know? My bike is set up on carpet, and has only been on carpet. It does not tilt or sway at all regardless of how fast I pedal or if I choose to stand up every now and then. Moreover, with me weighing 190 pounds and other people who have been on this bike weighing close to 230, I can say that weight does not factor in much on how the bike handles itself. Note that the listed max weight for this bike is 275 pounds.

[---Where This Bike Goes Flat---]

The install is easy enough, but the difficulty is in the use of the included tools. They are small and very uncomfortable to use--especially when trying to tighten down bolts that really need to be extremely tight to ensure a solid platform to workout on. I even had to drill a couple of holes, which were missing from the factory, in the base wheels so that the screws would properly secure to them. Not a big deal, but may be a headache for someone not knowing what to do in that case. I recommend these tools to make the assembly go much easier, and to ensure a very tight, and solid frame:

A Socket Wrench Crescent RD12BK 3/8-Inch Ratcheting Socket Wrench with a 13mm Socket
A Multi-bit Screwdriver Stanley 66-358 Stanley Stubby Ratcheting MultiBit Screwdriver with a 6mm Hex Bit.

*I am not recommending the above brands, just giving you an idea what the item is if you do not already know*

The manual says that you need 2 people to put this bike together. I assembled it by myself. To put it bluntly:

`You can assemble this bike by yourself if you have no problem lifting and moving a 70 pound bike frame around.'

There are 2 or 3 times where you need someone to help, if you cannot lift the 70 pound frame: 1. Taking it out of the shipping box, 2. Moving the bike frame to where you can assemble it, and 3. After completing the assembly, wheeling the bike to its final spot--which can be fit easily enough through a doorframe--and getting it up or down stairs. The total bike weight is around 85 pounds.

The seat is uncomfortable at first. This is not necessarily a big deal to me, as I am tolerant in this regard. However, others who have used this have told me the seat is very uncomfortable. It is a very wide typical bicycle seat, though it can be easily swapped out for any bike seat that you many want to add--just like a normal bicycle. Also, because of the width, it pinches my leg up near the groin which can be annoying, though adjusting the seat down will help it some but I then lose leverage.

The readout is hard to read because the digital readouts conflict with the LCD display. Hard to describe but I will try. You know when you tilt an alarm clock with a digital read out up or down in a certain way when it is turned on so that you can see the 88:88 in the background of the number? The LCD readout on this Schwinn bike is like that all of the time, at any angle. This is very annoying, and turning the brightness down does nothing to help. It is readable, of course, but strains the eye a bit.

The `fan', if you can call it that. When you turn the `fan' on, it makes an obvious buzzing sound as whatever it inside is churning around. Why it even makes an effort to turn at all is beyond me, because feeling the air it produces is as fruitless as waving your hand back and forth as fast as you can in front of your face for the "breeze" it makes. The latter is better than the force of the air from the fan at the highest setting. Oh, there is air being pushed out, but it points almost directly up towards the ceiling. There is no way to feel it while you are riding unless you're bending over with your face smashed against the vent. It would have been helpful to include an adjusting type of vent--as in a car--to direct it towards you. No amount of adjustment to the console changes anything. Nevertheless, assume this bike does not come with a fan, because you will not be using it.

As you can see there are many positives where the bike is expected to perform and a few negatives in areas most people could careless about. What is important is that if you want the experience of riding a bike--burning calories, getting the heart rate up, sweating a little or a lot, doing as little or as much cardio as you can handle--all in the comfort of your home without getting out in the many changes of weather, the Sun, or away from people, the Schwinn 150 does it. You really could not ask much more of a bike simulator than this bike.
22 comments|154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 16, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
In reviewing this Schwinn 150 exercise bike, I am basically comparing it to a Nautilus U514 exercise bike that we purchased on Amazon just a few months ago.

Even though this exercise bike is labeled a Schwinn, the inside of the box had the name Nautilus. I was encouraged by this, but it was short lived, as we learned after assembling and using this exercise bike.

The Schwinn 150 Upright Exercise Bike is made for larger bodied persons, and there are some advantages that come with that feature. The seat is larger than most exercise bikes, and that's a real plus when it comes to having a comfortable ride. The bike also has larger pedals, and for me, an average sized woman, this is uncomfortable. My feet literally fall through the stirrups, so I have to wear large shoes to keep them on the pedals when riding this bike. (Yes, the straps are adjustable, but it's cheap plastic strapping that isn't going to hold up after much use).

There are some nice features with the Schwinn 150, like an MP3 player port with speakers, and a book holder.

When comparing it to my Nautilus U514, which is a few bucks cheaper, there really isn't a comparison when it comes to quality. The Nautilus is better, in my opinion. The Schwinn has twice the preset programs, but otherwise, the panel features are very similar. The fan on the Schwinn has the quality of a dollar-store toy, while the Nautilus bike has a high-powered fan that actually puts out some air.

The Nautilus bike looks and feels better. It's solid and quality made. The Schwinn, though costing more, feels cheap and does not look like it is built to last. I also have a hard time adjusting the seat level.

Hands down the Nautilus U514 exercise bike wins this comparison.
44 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon October 29, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've had a 120 for about a year and it's held up pretty well so far. After seeing this one up for grabs on the Vine program I jumped at the chance to try the next model up.

Schwinn still hasn't figured out how to pack these things so they don't destroy their own boxes in transit, but luckily, all the parts were present and accounted for this time despite the fact that the box looked like it'd fallen off a train.

Assembly was generally more straightforward than it was with the 120, but the very first step--affixing the end caps to the front stabilizer--involves pressing some tiny, sharp screws down into a metal tube that wants to roll in order to penetrate the plastic. If you don't want to spend the night holding a bandaged hand over your head, wear gloves or pre-drill through the plastic. There's really no excuse for this.

Getting the console on was the only other thing I had any trouble with. It's really not that difficult of a process, but the illustrations in the instructions are quite poor, and there is no accompanying text to walk you through where the cables are supposed to thread through. Expect to re-do your work here at least once before you get it right.

In actual use, I do like it better than the 120. Being able to slide the seat forward or back a bit makes a huge difference for me, and the display is easier to read--both visually and in terms of comprehensibility. I still wish it had a simple tension adjustment knob and a timer instead of all the fancy nonsense they think they need to cram onto bike displays, but whattyagonnado?

The drink holder is a nice touch, but the fan is an absolute joke. It makes a lot of noise but barely moves any air, and it doesn't really even blow on you unless you move your face right up to the console. Nice try, but why bother?

Internally, I'm sure it's exactly the same as the previous models. Some have had catastrophic failures, but mine's been OK. It's smooth and virtually silent, and offers a pretty nice ride for the price. I wouldn't suggest that anyone trash an older model just to upgrade, but I'd recommend it to city dwellers looking to buy.
on October 29, 2011
I had read many reviews on last years model and they all seemed very positive, so when I began looking at the 150 but could not find any reviews at all I decided to take a leap of faith (assuming the product had only gotten better). I am glad I did!

Assembly was fairly easy. Took me less than an hour. I do recommend having a 2nd person there (my wife helped me out) but it is possible to do it alone.

I have used the bike at least a dozen times so far. The seat isnt very comfortable but otherwise it is a joy to ride. I am 6-1 and my knees come close to hitting the handle bars, so taller riders might want to try it before they buy it.

The electronics do what they say they will and even keep a history of all my work outs.

I gave this product 5 stars and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an economical and compact cardio machine. It rivals the more expensive machines found at my local gym.
on July 21, 2012
I have read through all negative comments about the defect of the product but I saw this item was drop to price only $10 more than the Schwinn 140 (and 140 also has similar complain as they probably have the same assembly). I took the risk and ordered it. I was hoping I wouldn't see the same jam detect of the flywheel. Indeed, the flywheel was defective. I decided to open the left side of the flywheel assembly (as where the screws are) but couldn't figure out what is going on. I was pretty disappointed and worry how it will be disappointed my wife. Finally, I opened the right side of the flywheel assembly, I can see what is going on and the fix is only to move the level down to the the stepping motor shaft (I posted the picture on the image gallery) After the fix, it run beautifully. It is quiet and smooth. It has all the bell and whistle.

So if you are willing to take the risk to fix it, you can go for it. Otherwise, probably wait for another batch of the products. If it works right away without the defect, I probably will give 5 stars especially for the price which I paid. The fix wasn't too difficult. It took me some time to figure out how to disassemble the flywheel case without disassemble too much of the pedaling shaft (I ended up disassemble the Red cover from the base case)
review image review image
on August 31, 2013
I started a weight loss program on 5/1/2013 and immediately picked up an Exerpeutic magnetic bike. It was $125 shipped and mostly I wanted to make sure that I would stay interested after the first few uses. My review for the Exerpeutic can be found here: Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse

I am sad to see it go, but even if I already lost 60 pounds with that bike, it is basically hampering my workouts and it is time to move on.

The Schwinn 150 was delivered Saturday right before noon, the box weights a little under 90 pounds and the FEDEX driver didn't have a dolly, so he asked me to help him. I joked with him that he was lucky I had already lost 60 pounds or I would have been of no help. I lent him a little dolly and helped him pull it out of the truck and later helped him bring it down a flight of stairs. The 90 pounds split between the two of us weren't that big of a deal.

The packaging was excellent, took less than five minutes to pull out and arrange the components for assembly. I thought I would need my wife's help with holding heavier components during the assembly, but to my surprise the only time I really needed her was to keep the computer in place while I got the last four screws in place.

The hardware provided was clearly labeled, I loved that somebody went through the trouble of marking each type of screw and washer so I didn't have to waste 15 minutes trying to figure out which size screw with which washer was needed for which particular hole (like it happened when I put together our Bowflex PR 1000, the assembly process could be cut by at least one hour had they labeled the hardware the same way as with this bike). The tools provided were adequate, I eventually switched to a cordless screwdriver and a couple of crescent wrenches, but only because I had them at hand.

The assembly is simple, except for a couple tricky parts: the routing of the cables as you put together the handlebars, the tilting platform for the computer and the computer itself can be a little tricky. The screws that hold the main post are also a little tricky, but not to the point of being frustrating. I probably spent more time fiddling with the saddle than putting together the handlebars, computer tilt platform and the computer.

And that's it, with patience, the provided tools and maybe a second pair of hands to hold a couple items still, it is easy to put this thing together in less than an hour.

I am 6'0" and I fit perfectly. My wife is 5'3" and at the lowest possible setting while still using the peg for the seat post she can barely reach it, so her choice is to either wear taller shoes, or let the post fall past the lowest peg hole which means that the seat post will twist a bit while riding the bike. As for moving the handlebars, it makes me nervous with the cables running inside, so I just left it at one setting that works for both of us.

I am actually very happy with the chassis. There's little things here and there that show me that this is not something put together shoddily. For example, holes that I would expect to have a simple thread cut into them actually had sturdier tread inserts, which makes it much easier to get the screws done correctly and without stripping them. All of the pipes are of larger diameter than what I would had expected, which is great for torsional rigidity.

The front legs have the same type of caster used in our old Exerpeutic, they don't make contact with the ground until you tilt the bike to move it. The rear legs have leveling devices, you simply turn them as needed to keep the bike level and steady.

I am not in love with the pedals and already have budgeted for clip-less pedals and shoes for both of us. The surface of the pedals has a soft texture, as other reviewers have mentioned you won't have a hard time using this bike barefoot or wearing socks. The pedal straps are the same design as the Exerpeutic pedals, which broke very quick. I doubt these straps will stand heavy usage for more than 2-3 months but hopefully I will have switched to the clip-less pedals before these break.

The console photos show that a Kindle 2 fits perfectly on top of the console. This is great, but if you have an iPad you'll have to prop it on the top shelf, and worry that it will fall, or put it on the lower console lip, which is definitely safe for the device but it will block the cup holder. Luckily the main post has water cage mounting points so it took seconds to bolt a water cage to it.

The seat is adequate but after the first 10 miles I drove to Target and picked up a Schwinn Pillow Top Cruiser Bicycle Seat. Within 5 miles it was fully broken-in and felt magnificently. I don't think there is anything wrong with the seat that came with the bike, it is just that I prefer a narrower seat. One of the reasons I picked this model is that the seat can move horizontally. I wish this action had an extra two inches of so of play, but right now my riding stance is superior than what I was dealing with.

The computer is miles beyond the capabilities of my former exercise bike. It was very simple to program profiles for both of us and to learn how to start the particular programs. I kept kicking the power cable, which wiped out any session in progress but didn't lose any completed session. The power cable is designed to unplug if you apply little force, but I still took a hint and relocated the cable after the third time in a row that I kicked it while walking around the bike.

As for the computer functionality, I already hit two distance goal sessions and I really liked it, it was basically a paced race. I also appreciated that I can assign a custom workout profile just for myself, which means I can later help my wife customize a circuit just for her.

The console also has a fan, which is tiny but at least helps keeping the air moving a little bit. I haven't tried the speakers yet but the 30 miles I did today were with an iPad 2 on top of the console. At no time was I worried about the stability of the tablet as long as I was using the lower lip as I mentioned above. I imagine I can still use the top pull out shelf to keep a cell phone there.

As it stands right now, I am happy. According to fitocracy I am riding almost exactly 200 miles a week (7 days a week), and I am positive that my wife has been doing no less than 90 minutes a day at least 6 days a week. If this machine is not built to last (I doubt it) we will know within a week. I will update this review once we have put at least 1,000 miles on it.

Update (9/5/2013): The bike now has seen over 200 miles of use with no major issues. The Schwinn Pillow Top Cruiser Bicycle Seat is gone, it was too damn hard, and I have been using the Planet Bike Men's A.R.S. Anatomic Relief Bicycle Saddle for about two days with very good luck. I want to point out that there's nothing wrong with the default seat, it is just so hard to make one seat that will fit everyone, so Schwinn shipped the bike with a wide seat. I finally got to use the Mp3 input with my phone and the speakers are adequate, the sound isn't spectacular but it beats having to wear headphones.

Update (10/4/2013): 1,350 miles on the bike so far and no complaints. The Planet Bike Men's A.R.S. Anatomic Relief Bicycle Saddle plus a gel cover are doing the trick just fine, so I can do 40+ miles a day without trouble.
review image review image
on November 5, 2011
I initially purchased the Schwinn 140 Upright Bike, however, due to several issues, including the console mast being bent (caused by the damaged packaging) and defective CHR pads, I decided to return it and wait for the 150 to be sold on Amazon. I have had the Schwinn 150 for almost a month now, and being far from pleased with it, I returned the bike today.

When I first got the Schwinn 150, I was really pleased with the packaging. The way the 150 is packaged seems to be the same as the 140, however, the box seems to be much sturdier, and unlike the 140, it actually wasn't falling apart when I received the bike. Putting the bike together was not too difficult, partially because I had done it once before, and took me about an hour.

One of the first things I noticed right off the bat was that, as with the 140, the console mast of the 150 was slightly bent as well, causing the handlebars and console to lean to the left. However, the manual for the 150 had been updated with a page addressing the issue, telling you to adjust the screws and bolts in order to get it straight, which did nothing for me, and after several attempts I gave up thinking I'd just live with it. But, as I had realized with the 140, the problem is that with the console leaning to the left is that you have to reach farther with one arm to grab the handlebars which isn't ideal. I've uploaded a photo to the product images of the issue.

One thing that I was really pleased with though, was how smooth the bike initially was, you could barely here a thing when pedaling. However, I wrote initially for a reason, just after a few days the bike started to become noisy and the pedaling was no longer as smooth as before. One other minor thing I noticed was that the magazine stand rattles a bit when you exercise, but it's not a huge deal.

As far as the speakers go, they're pretty mediocre, as expected, and the fan is rather useless as you can't adjust the angle of the airflow. The seat is a bit hard at first, but after using it a few days it becomes pretty comfortable. The screen is decent, but remember to pull the plastic off slowly when unboxing the bike, as the plastic on the screen will leave scratches if pulled too quickly. Having the cup holder in the console is a nice addition, as the cup holder on the 140 was right under the console on the console mast, so you could only fit small sized bottles.

It's also important to note that although the bike is adequate for taller people, you do get pretty close to touching the handlebars with your legs. I'm 6'1" and with the seat the furthest back and the console at the highest height, I do touch the handlebars occasionally.

Overall I am pretty disappointed with the Schwinn 150, thus causing me to return it. With the bent console mast, noisiness, pedaling, and mediocre add-ons (fan, speakers, etc.), it was not worth keeping. That said, if the bike would have come without the issues listed above, I might have kept it. However, since I've had a bad experience with Schwinn twice now, I am going to look for another bike. As another reviewer put it, you get what you pay for. If you want a good exercise bike then you need to invest at least twice as much money.
review image
on May 13, 2013
Shipping and assembly:
The package was in good shape. Shipping was free, timely and convenient with Amazon prime by UPS. I did not encounter the assembly and startup problems mentioned in other reviews and in the warning that appeared for this model a few days after my order (April 2013) on Amazon's website. Assembly takes one-two hours. The tools seem adequate and parts were not missing. It is a correct product, yet not of superior quality. Instructions are acceptably clear, but far from perfect. Slightly inferior to IKEA's products.

Cons:
I want to make clear that these cons do not seem important as to not order the bike.
The computer works well, but the explanations for all functions and especially how the calories/wattage and other measurements are calculated are missing. Schwinn's web page gives no details. This part is the biggest negative I can find as of yet. Of course there are many apps taking care of your performance readings. Nonetheless, I find that psychological support and understanding how much effort and to quantify your performace in the workout is important. What does the fitness test mean? Is the score relevant, comparable? No answers. Is it recommended to work out at a higher level of intensity for shorter time or at a lower level for a longer time? Are calories counted based on your heart rate or resistance level and speed?
The first few minutes I occasionally hear a clicking sound that goes away and can easily be ignored, but would worry me if it would intensify. The saddle is very uncomfortable after 15 minutes.

Pros:
I am on the heavy side and the bike fits me well and feels sturdy.The bike is quiet and smooth. It has sensors for your heart rate. These work with some delay and you need to hold both hands on the sensor to make a reading. But it works, so you do not need to buy other electronic heart rate monitors, at least at first stage. The programs are good and easy to adjust. The price was excellent, it does the job as well as much more expensive equipment. I researched and for my purpose, losing weight and aerobic exercise, a stationary bike is as good as any of the more expensive and sophisticated machines - it is a classic. The fewer moving parts the better.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 4, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Like a few other people, I was offered this bike to compare to the Nautilus US14 that I purchased about 6 months ago, with no incentive to pick one over the other in my review. Bottom line up front is that I have switched to using the Schwinn.

The bikes are *very similar* in terms of overall quality. For me, I am 5'10 and the Schwinn is overall just a much more comfortable bike. I waited for 10 days of use before writing this review so that I could make sure this was true because sometimes soreness kicks in after a few days. The Nautilus had been great in all ways except the seat was awkward and I got sore - no matter how many times I adjusted it in every way, I was always very uncomfortable after 30 minutes or more of use. I bought seat gel covers, and still - nothing helped. The overall ergonomics are off. If you read some of the reviews for Nautilus, others will say the same thing. I had someone tell me I should go for shorter workouts that were more intense to avoid the discomfort, but I think that that's not an acceptable solution. Now, I know this is not a review for the NautilusUS14, but I think it's fair that many people considering this Schwinn would also consider the Nautilus since they are in the same class and around the same price. And I have extra appreciation for the overall comfort of the Schwinn with something to compare it to. The seat is large and comfortable and the adjustments are easy to use and guarantee you nearly any configuration you would like.

So the Schwinn wins for comfort which is a huge deal to me. My biggest issues with the Schwinn were 1) the annoying assembly that had me frustrated and bleeding because of awkward screws and sharp edges 2) the weak fan. Other than that, I have no complaints. The programs are great and the quality is solid. The comfort is better than any bike (other than a recumbent bike) I've used before.

Here's how they score against each other.

Assembly: Nautilus B Schwinn C-
Seat Comfort: Nautilus D Schwinn A
Programs: Nautilus A Schwinn A+
Fan: Nautilus B+ Schwinn C-

Winner: Schwinn

In my opinion, this is a good choice for an exercise bike and I'd recommend it to friends and family.
on January 29, 2012
I was a bit worried by some of the other reviewers on here talking about it being hard to put together or noisy. I can say in all honesty that it was none of those things for me. Installation was simple and took about 30 minutes. Anyone being harmed while putting it together has never done anything with tools before is all I can figure. Instructions were very simple to read and follow.

Using the bike is silent, so much so that my wife was using it this morning while I was asleep right next to me and I never heard anything. Another thing people complained about was plastic pieces. What I found was yes there is plastic used, but only where it would make the weight so much it couldn't be moved by less than a team. Everything that needs to be metal is and it is a very solid machine.

I highly recommend this bike to anyone and thank Amazon for another deal of the day steal!