Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 21 questions
votes
Nautilus R514 Recumbant post: Your review is good - and not having seen these two sister products side-by-side, I would definitely say that the Schwinn display looks more updated (color, etc.) while the Nautilus looks bad. You did miss one thing: the R514 has a 'powerful fan.' Now, I like that feature, but I can get the 240 for $399 including tax and shipping. That means that for $150 I get a better warranty and a fan, but many of the reviewers on various sites have said that the fan is, in the words of Charles Barkley, TURRIBLE! So I agree with you, and am going to order the Schwinn. Using an external fan may not be chic, but it probably works better and it's free (top shelf of my hall closet :-)). Thanks for the fine review - well done.
Apr 23, 2011 by G. Carter
votes
My daughter is 5'0" with short legs and she rides it in position 1 comfortably. I'm 5'6" and ride in position 5.
Jun 20, 2011 by E. Mcclure
votes
It is true that the seat is quite uncomfortable. I use a folded towel and a small cushion to GREATLY improve the seat comfort. Whether or not this bike will be acceptable for a person with back problems is always an individual decision. I have had 2 spinal surgeries and this bike causes absolutely no discomfort for me... but again, that is "for me". Once I figured out how to make the seat comfortable I have not noticed the bike causing any strain or pressure on the back at all. Hope the info is helpful for you.
Jul 1, 2011 by G. Burns
votes
Does the seat wobble? Jan 5, 2010
I just recently built mine and the seat is rock-solid. You have to keep the adjustment screw tight, but I've not detected any movement of the seat while riding. I'm not a big fan of the adjustment screw concept. Although it seems to work well, it's inconvenient (at best) when there are multiple users (and there are three of us using it).
Jan 16, 2010 by user
votes
If I were you I'd call Schwinn and ask them. I guess you didn't see my review where I gave them a one-star rating because the electronics in my bike just up and quit after about 40 hours of use. I threw my bike away.
Apr 7, 2014 by Simon J. Sobo
votes
I wondeered the same. But if you look at the frame of the console, you will see a less-than-1/2inch lip at the bottom. That's the book rack - pretty sorry but with the quality of the Schwinn 240 recumbient bike, I'll live through it without complaining. PARTICULARLY in the fact that if you search Amazon for "book rack for exercise bike" you will see several that are made of clear plastic in different sizes (8.5x9.5 and 11x11 for example). They have a lip that fits over the top of your console and a nice large shelf at the bottom that holds almost any book, especially my Kindle. And the beauty of them is that you can read your console easily through them with just a slight lift of your book. Mine is great and I don't miss some big bulky built-in one at all. And they are only about $11 to $13. Hope this helps. Enjoy!
May 19, 2011 by Amazon Customer
votes
I am interested in knowing this answer as well. $100 difference in price but I don't see very little difference in features.
Jan 6, 2010 by Ray from GA
votes
About 63" with the cover on
19 days ago by Steven Shirley
votes
I still use mine regularly (3-5x per week, 45 minutes per) and it works like the day I bought it. I would recommend it.
Aug 15, 2014 by John Kostiuk
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers