Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on September 19, 2010
I owned an Airdyne AD-3 for 20+ years and 14,000 miles.The AD-4 is the same great bike for a thorough upper and lower-body workout, but with the added incentive of the computer to show not only time and miles, but lots of other neat information like calories burned and average mph. I thought some newer type of exercise equipment might be better, but decided to stay with what I knew to be a great product and am very happy I did.
on January 14, 2013
This machine is the best bang-for-your-buck cyclical conditioning tool you can get next to a jump rope. Not only excellent for aerobic training, this thing gives you a true anaerobic challenge... go 10s ALL out for 5-6 sets with 2 minutes rest and see what I mean.
on October 4, 2009
I've had my Airdyne for many years, and I'm just getting ready to roll over 20,000 miles on it. It's a versatile tool. I use it for regular bicycle training, cardio, and interval use. It's a lot of money, but it's well built. I've had mine in the shop twice--once for a 10,000 mile tune-up, and another time when the crank broke, and that's it. It's time tested--not some glitzy fad that will end up in a garage sale.
on January 5, 2010
I've owned two over the years. I've actually just sold my last one but still feel compelled to tell how great it is. I've owned an airdyne for the last ten years and when i was a cyclist I used it regularly. It always perfomed flawlessly and is built to withstand a nuclear blast. Push/Pull action can really get the heart rate up even if you are fit. They've been building it for decades unchanged for a reason.
on November 6, 2012
This is a good product. There a couple of design flaws. The seat is to hard but a pad fixes that. The main problem is the bars that work the upper body are not adjustable like the seat. If you have long legs you can raise the seat but not the bars, so you are pressing down rather than straight out thus causing fatigue in the shoulders and not getting the upper body work out they are intended for. It would be an easy fix to drill 3 or 4 holes in the bar and make them adjustable like the seat.
on February 10, 2013
The Schwinn Airdyne AD4 Exercise rates a 5 if not even higher, Because of the high degree of workmanship and durability.
This is are 2nd Schwinn Airdyne Exercise Bike. The first one we had for 16 yrs. and it was 2nd hand when we got it. My wife
has had Parkinson's For about 7 yrs, we are both in mid to late 70 and are able to use it with ease. We highly reccamend it
to anyone who wants to keep fit.
on January 19, 2013
I needed this specific Airdyne for my husband due to an accident & his need for physical therapy. I searched for lany weeks to find the bike & a good price. I found both here at Amazon. My husband & kids have used it everyday since we assembled it on Christmas day. There were no missing parts & all the instructions were included. We are very happy.
on October 18, 2011
This is a good machine that's been successfully marketed for 30 years or more.

But its assembly directions are a disaster. To complete Step 2, for example, you must partially undo Step 1 and invite a friend over to help. The "exploded" illustration that is part of the directions does not coincide exactly with the parts list and there's no suggestion of what tools might be needed to complete the assembly.

Once the thing is put together, you'll be hard pressed to figure out how to get the computer working; mine is still inert, though the bike itself works just fine after a month.

It's a shame that a well designed, useful device is rendered infuriating by the manufacturer's reluctance to spend a few dollars on clear, helpful directions. Don't buy this thing unless you're prepared for a LOT of frustration.
on October 19, 2013
Very strong construction. Electronic panel is okay at best. Seat is horrible and needs to be replaced with a real bicycle seat. It will do the job and last a long time, but honestly, the design needs an update.
on January 30, 2013
After knee replacements for myself and hubby and using Airdyne at physical therapy facility , and since we live in a mountainous area, invested in treadmill last year and Airdyne this year and love both.