Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Schwinn Discover Women's Hybrid Bike (700C Wheels)” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 27% off the $329.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Schwinn Discover Women's Hybrid Bike (700C Wheels)
|Price:||$281.10 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$48.89 (15%)|
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembling 1 customer-supplied bike per guidelines
- Guidance on basic tuning and maintenance
- Safety ride to ensure function and performance
- Please allow an assembly window of 2 hours
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Women's comfort bike with aluminum city frame
- Schwinn suspension fork ; Schwinn alloy crank
- 21-speed SRAM grip shifters; Shimano rear derailleur
- Promax alloy linear pull brakes; rear gear carrier
- Swept-back upright handlebar and padded saddle
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Brake Style||Rim Brakes|
|Frame Material Type||Aluminum|
|Item Dimensions||31.89 x 7.48 x 53.94 inches|
|Item Weight||46 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||45 pounds|
Discovering new places, spots, events and springs would be a lot more fun-filled with Schwinn Discovery Bicycle. Aluminum city frame and padded saddle lend comfort and ease in riding. For upright position, it has a swept-back handlebar with an adjustable stem. So step on and roll into an easy and comfortable riding experience.
Age: 14 years and up
- Cross-hybrid bike with aluminum city frame
- Shimano TX-31 rear derailleur for shifting gears
- ProMax linear pull brakes for good stopping power
- Padded saddle lends comfort
- 21-speed SRAM gripshifters
- Schwinn suspension fork maximizes bike response
- Fenders and rear gear carrier
- Schwinn alloy crank set
- Swept-back handlebar with an adjustable stem for upright position
Outfitted with a ladies aluminum city frame with an upright riding position, a Schwinn suspension fork to absorb shock, and a padded saddle with a suspension seat post, the Schwinn Discovery women's comfort bike is ideal for commuting to work or cruising down a leisurely bike path. The bike offers such additional features as 21-speed SRAM grip shifters for fast, easy gear changes, a Shimano TX-31 rear derailleur, a Schwinn alloy crank, Promax alloy linear pull brakes, a swept-back upright handlebar with an adjustable stem, fenders, and a rear gear carrier.About Schwinn
Founded in 1895, Schwinn is an American icon that's long been synonymous with quality and innovation. The company has built some of the best-known and best-loved bikes of multiple generations, including the Aerocycle, Paramount, Phantom, Varsity, Sting-Ray, Krate, and Homegrown. Today, Schwinn continues to innovate with such releases as the redesigned Sting-Ray, Rocket mountain bikes, and Fastback road bikes. With a continued dedication to quality forever synonymous with the Schwinn name, America's most famous bicycle brand looks forward to providing another century of innovation, freedom, and performance to people of all ages.
From the Manufacturer
Enjoy the freedom of riding on a Schwinn
Schwinn is the oldest and most trusted name in bikes in America. By purchasing a Schwinn you are joining millions of happy cyclists that are confident knowing that their bikes are backed by a lifetime warranty for as long as you own the bike.
A great bike for commuting and beyond!
Take your bike to today, why not? This bike is waiting for you, totally ready to take you where you need to go. No need for a ton of prep. This Schwinn has a classic look so it will match just about anything in your closet. With a frame made for urban riding, with a front suspension fork to make man hole covers and pavement patches easier to take. The rear rack is built in and ready to carry your bag or groceries back home with you. The coordinating fenders look snazzy but are also practical since they will keep the morning dew and splashes off your office wear.
There are 21 speeds with a Shimano twist shifters and a Shimano rear derailleur. There is an alloy front and rear linear pull brakes, and a Schwinn alloy crank. On the ride home, take a quick tour through the park, or take the kids out on their bikes for ice cream after dinner.
This bike will fit in just about anywhere.
Top Customer Reviews
Just know that you will have to take this to a bike shop unless you're a professional. It pretty much comes assembled, so my husband put it together, seemed easy enough - unfortunately he put the handle bars on backwards (looked normal to me! lol) and the fender in the front kept rubbing on the tires - also the gears felt weird and it was hard to pedal -- once we had the bike shop do the adjustments (~ $50) it was like a completely different bike! I would highly recommend just taking the bike to the bike shop and asking them to assemble it - that way they can't make fun of how you (or your spouse) assembled it in the first place lol.
I want to provide an update to my review and respond to a few of the comment threads/questions here.
I've now had this bike for 2 & 1/2 years and it is still working great! I love my bike and have been mostly happy with my purchase with just a few (minor) exceptions.Read more ›
1. Replaced the freewheel cog set in back. When we rode together there was a distinctive "click" when she rode in 4th gear. The root cause was a bad sprocket tooth. Our bike shop sold me a Shimano freewheel that eliminated the problem when installed.
2. Replaced the rear tire. The tire was out-of-round and the bike sort of hopped down the road. I have never seen a bike tire that bad.
3. Added a wire fender stay (support) to align the rear fender to its wheel and keep it off the tire. The not-round tire scraped against the fender going "ffft - ffft - ffft" because there was so little room between fender and tire. The fender laid over to one side too, with no hope of setting it straight with all that unsupported span. Our bike shop had an old front fender with an adjustable stay that they gave me. I detached and rotated the original wire stay to attach equidistant between its original position and the drop tube support (required drilling two holes in the fender near the top). Then I mounted the new stay in the original position. That certainly keeps the fender from bouncing on bumpy trails and allows adjustment to make it cover the tire evenly. Plus the fender is now stable and firm as it should be.
4. Tightened wheel spokes front and rear, adjusted the wheels to make them round, and trued them. Spoke tension was poor and the bike went crickle-crackle down the road until I tightened the spokes to a good tension level. The worst example I have seen of this on a bike.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Beautiful pearl color. Very comfortable seat. Handle bars are high so you are not hunched over. Smooth ride.Published 2 days ago by gale c maynard
This was a Christmas gift for our daughter.She is very happy and says she likes that it is leightweight.Published 8 days ago by Bonnie Hodges
I love this bike and I was able to get it at a great price with an Amazon deal of the day. It wasn't too hard for my husband to put together, perhaps about 20 minutes. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Wendy Meier
Cute and practical. I assembled the bike myself and had no problems and I am not a bike enthusiast!Published 17 days ago by Amazon Customer
Wife loved it. Went together easy. No defects noted. Nice bike.Published 20 days ago by mikeatnight
What is really annoying is that this same bike, discover series for men, is cheaper. And yeah, we did buy both. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Aneta Rusek
Great bicycle, for the price. Three small gripes. Doesn't fit well on car racks that don't attach to the wheels. The rear wheel rubs the mud guard slightly. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Synrue