Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on December 6, 2012
I bought these for my six year old granddaughter. I also have a five year old granddaughter. They are so small I am returning them. They would be perfect for a 2-4 year old child. Cute and at a good price but not what I was loooking for.
0Comment36 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2014
My 2-year old daughter is joining me in my mid-life crisis and wants to give skateboarding a try. The set is really small but all the pieces fit her perfectly. I uploaded a picture of her in them to the page if it helps to see them on someone tiny. I was looking around my house for something for reference and the best I could come up with was a coke can - the pads fit pretty snug around the can and were just a touch taller than it.

As for the protection it should do just fine against scrapes and minor bumps. It won't do much to absorb a fall but will provide a good enough buffer between her knees and the concrete. Considering my daughter is on a small board under supervision on sidewalks and probably wont get much speed at all these should protect her very well. Any fall with increased force or speed and I cant see these really doing much to protect her since there's nothing in these to actually absorb an impact.
review image
11 comment29 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 22, 2013
I needed some basic elbow pads for my three year old daughter for when she rides her glide bike. This was a cheap option that came with both elbow and knee pads so I gave it a shot. They are in fact cheaply made and it's tough to tell the difference between the elbow and knee pads. However, they do work, my daughter will wear them, and they fit. Therefore, they are worth the $12. The gloves are a bonus. They work but we don't use them. She's 3 years old and weighs 33 lbs and is 40" tall. Obviously, she's tall and skinny for her age but the pads fit great. However, if she gains much weight they might become too tight. She using these on her glide bike so any wipe outs are going to be fairly mild. If you're looking for heavy duty pads for an older or larger child you should get something else.
33 comments38 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2013
These do not fit my 7 year old niece AT ALL. My sister already ripped open the package so returning them is not an option. The gloves in no way fit her hands and the knee pads cut off her circulation.
on April 14, 2015
These are very cute and an awesome alternative to the movie characters that dominate children's products. My child is not a billboard. I really like that the pink and blue are balanced so that they don't feel overly girly and work well with the gender-neutral, adjustable skates I bought. My four year old wears them as much as she possibly can, no matter what she's doing. They fit well (she's a slender 5T) and have a little room to grow into.They are not "scratchy" and the velcro is of decent quality. I would have liked some padding on the palms of the gloves, but they are still very functional and offer light protection if she falls.
on July 8, 2014
Great price I bought two sets one for my two yr old and my four year old great color, slow shipping which was no problem but I gave four stars just because it runs on the smaller size my four yr old could barely get her hands in the gloves but once she managed she ran around the house for an hour and would not take them off, I'm not sure how long these will fit her and since I bought two no hand me downs here other than that fantastic product
on December 8, 2013
They fit my tiny 2.5 year old as well as can be expected with her bitty size, no complaints from her so they must be comfy enough! The gloves are way to large and not practical, but I wasn't really all that concerned with those.
on June 28, 2013
These fit my 4 year old (about 32 lbs). She is very skinny. She loves them and they seem comfortable. Good quality.
on March 11, 2014
This are helpfully for my 3 year old. It protects every part the kids are more used to get hurt
on June 14, 2014
These pads are just shy of $10 on prime. You can't go wrong really. My 4 yr old daughter thought they were fab and although the knee pads were a little on the small side they stayed on and didn't come off when she came off her bike. Sure they are not the best quality but like I said they are $10. They will protect from boo-boos and grazes so if you want something cheap and cheerful I would recommend them.