Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Schwinn Roadster 12-Inch Trike (Blue)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: Blue|Change

on December 16, 2010
This bike is beautiful, well made, and well loved by my son who just turned 3. I had to write a review to combat another review that states that there is a height restriction of 38". The box does have a height chart on it that says Ages 2 to 4, 26" to 38". Since my son is 38" tall and just reaches the pedals on the seat setting closest to the wheel, I emailed the company to let them know of the problem and this is what they wrote back:

"Thank you for contacting us. The minimum height and age recommendation for the Schwinn Roadster is 3 yrs, 38" and up. I will be sure to have the boxes looked at to verify what they say."

Yes, apparently they've made a pretty big mistake on the box, but the fact that the minimum is 38" makes total sense. I hope this helps.
88 comments| 368 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2007
I am surprised that Schwinn trikes are not available at conventional stores. This is an excellent product that should definitely be on top of every parent's list. We decided on the Schwinn roadster after exhaustive research considering among other trikes, Kettlers, Italtrikes, Radio Flyer, etc.. but found this to be the best not just in build quality but also great value for the money you pay (Kettler is just too expensive). Our son just turned 2 and we first thought that he might be too small for this trike after reading other reviews. For now he does reach the pedals (he is 27" tall) but has yet to learn how to pedal. He scoots around easily, as the seat is low enough. Assembly was extremely easy - 4 steps, took me all of 10 minutes. It rides so smoothly. We are as excited as our son is with this trike and cannot wait for him to learn to pedal around with it. Excellent trike and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
22 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2010
We got this tricycle for my son when he 2 1/2. We were instantly impressed with the quality of the tricycle. At the time he was not able to really pedal it well, his legs were just not long enough. He is 3 1/2 now and rides it all the time. The neighborhood kids follow behind him asking for a turn.
review image
on August 1, 2010
The tricycle is well made and it made sense that the lower center of gravity might prevent accidents. As a first intro to pedaling, however, the Schwinn may not be the best choice for some toddlers who are not wonderfully coordinated. The pedals are in front and the pushing forward is not as intuitive as a more upright tricycle that mirrors more closely the action of walking or climbing stairs. In our experience with a three-year-old son, we felt as though we were starting out with the equivalent of a "recumbent" bicycle as a starter bike for adults . . . Our son persisted with the "Flintstones" scooting without use of the pedals and seemed frustrated by the mechanics of pushing forward with his feet in order to move in the same direction. . . . In fact, he adopted a two-wheeler with training wheels almost immediately and still has not bonded with his shiny new trike. . . . In our case, safety should NOT have preceded "fun" in our criteria for purchasing. If you have a "climber," it may be a great choice; for other kids, you may find it becomes outmoded before it is used.
on May 26, 2011
My son is 33 months old, (37.5 inches tall) and absolutely LOVES this trike! The rubber tires are perfect because he can ride just about everywhere. The very first day he was pedaling down the sidewalk :) The biggest problem has been just trying to get him off of it to come back inside!

I read a ton of reviews on this tricycle, and I haven't had any of the same problems (ie tires need replacing, steering bar bent). However, almost every single sticker on the trike was wrinkled or bubbled and needed flattening out... That was not a big deal, but mildly annoying. Other than that, it has been perfect!
review image review image
on March 5, 2016
My dd was born with low muscle tone and was expectedly delayed in a lot of gross motor skill activities. She's going to be four in a few months, about 41 inches tall, lanky, and still looks awkward when running. We tried buying several pedal bikes/trikes to help develop her muscles and core but they were to difficult for her and you can tell her confidence was waning. After telling my wife that she avoids trikes at school even though her friends ride them, my heart broke. I just received this product today and today was the first time my daughter was able to move on anything with pedals on her own. Within a short time, she was moving around like a normal kid. You could tell she was proud of herself and having a blast. This is a great trike and I'm absolutely satisfied with this purchase. BTW, it looks great, was easy to build, and delivery through Amazon Prime was a plus. The only thing is you have to be prepared to put air in the tires and invest in some caps for the air tubes on the tires.
on February 13, 2008
Ordered this tricycle because I wanted a sturdy metal framed trike with rubber wheels, one that wouldn't tip over when my two-year-old rounds a corner. I purchased this seeing that the manufacturer recommends it for ages 1 to 4, but was disappointed to see a height restriction on the box when it arrived: 38". My two-year-old is already 37.5" tall, so we'd get next to no use out of this. Had to return it, even though it looked great otherwise. It's true my son is in the 99th percentile for height, so not everyone will have this problem, but it would be helpful if the description here noted the restriction for parents of tall kids like mine.
1010 comments| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2010
It was the Third Birthday present I was dreaming of for our son; luckily, he loved it too! I choose this because of our rugged New Hampshire terrain and gravel driveway. I wanted our son to have fun and success driving all over the yard; over rocks, in & out of dips and up hills. A two wheeler with training wheels would have only served to frustrate him. We can save that for later - as for now he is having a BLAST! It is especially nice that the seat can be adjusted closer and further from the pedals. Our guy is in the less than tenth percentile for height, so it was a relief when his feet did reach the pedals. We could not resist our excitement and gave him his present a week early, so he has been enjoying it for over a month now. Suddenly "red" is his official favorite color.
review image
on January 11, 2007
Very impressive, though it's a bit big for my two-year-old. He can't reach the peddles yet, but manages to push himself around without too much trouble. I think the size is really more appropriate for a three year old, or a BIG two-year-old. Seems solidly built, very sturdy/stable and sporty looking.
on December 2, 2012
This is the first trike or bike we bought new and I must say it was worth every penny! The wheels are all air-filled so it's a very smooth ride. It's also a silent ride because of that. This is the best feature. The wooden deck on the back is great for the stuffed animals that need a ride. I added a seatbelt for them. I don't remember the assembly being difficult at all... we've had it for a year. It is in perfect condition and the kids ride it every single day, rain or shine, snow or mud or hardwood floor. I haven't had to tighten anything on it. The seat is adjustable with a big plastic knob so no tools required. The only thing I think could be done a little better is that the decals come off. Purely cosmetic, but when such care was taken with everything else, you'd think a company would want their name to stay on it. I think Santa might bring us a blue one this year.