Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on July 1, 2010
I love this seat!!! I tried a "cruiser" seat and a gel seat before this one. I read the reviews for these types of seats and some of them mention that it is hard to control the bike without a horn on the saddle. I have to disagree. It does take a little getting used to, took me about 5 minutes to get the feel for it...you definitely notice the abscence of the horn at first but I had no trouble biking all over town and hopping curbs with it. I have only been riding for a few weeks and I weigh 280lbs. Normal seats hurt. But this seat it just like sitting in a chair while biking.

I get just as much of a workout, if not more than I did with a normal seat because I am able to push myself harder and farther because there is no discomfort.

I know it looks funky...but I highly recommend it. Check out my website for my full review. [...]
22 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2010
This seat has saved my fitness life! Until now I would not ride my bike. I have had the same bike for 12 years and I can count on 1 hand how many times I rode it in this time. Why? because the original seat was horrible. In year 3 of owning the bike I bought a new gel like seat thinking this would solve the problem. Nope not at all. So I put the bike down, until I decided to try 1 more time with one more seat, this Schwinn Stress Free seat!

The horn of the regular seat puts so much pressure on the sensitive areas on the inseams of your legs and bottom, but this Schwinn seat does not have a horn.

It took 3 adjustments over 2 days to get it where I felt most comfortable. In the beginning, you will have a slight saddle sore across the behind, but nothing like the saddle sore you would get on the inside of leg and bottom. On a scale of 1 to 10 the sore is a 2! It goes away as long as you keep on riding daily. I have a bigger/wider bottom than average so this seat has served me well.

One thing I recommend: when making the adjustments to seat, make the adjustment on your handle bars too. Adjusting your hand bars to the highest recommended point. And then adjust seat level a tad bit lower level than handle bars, be sure to tilt the seat slightly up in front. This 3 adjustments in tandem will cut down on the leaning over, I saw in other reviewer's comments. Im in week 3, and I have been riding daily.

One more thing I would like to add: Some reviewers have commented on having to get acclimated to controlling the bike without the horn on the seat. Because I didn't have a point of reference on how the bike is controlled with seat horn, controlling the bike without the horn was easy and I didn't skip a beat.

I will post pic soon.
review image
77 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2011
I have been biking to work and for pleasure for 30 years. Recently my PSA levels were creeping up so I decided to switch seat to be more protective of my prostate. Unfortunately I have to return this seat because it was very uncomfortable while peddling hard. A regular seat tends to be triangular to allow downward movement of your upper thighs. This seat is rectangular which hinders this downward movement. If you move this seat back to allow easier thigh movement, it feels like you are going to fall off. I suggest Ergo The Seat or the Hopson Easy Seat because the Ergo is triangular while the Hopson flexes. This product is only applicable for the casual or easy bicylist who may not notice their thighs being restricted while peddling slowly. The serious bicylist who pedal hard and fast should try something else.

Aug 2011 Update: I did try the Hopson Easy Seat and the Hopson Easy Seat did not work for me because there was insufficient cushion for my sensitive hipbones. I ended up using the Bell Gel Tech Ultimate Comfort seat but I pointed the horn downward about 15 degrees to ease the pressure from my crotch area. By pointing the horn downward, I simulated a horn less bicycle seat but the Bell Gel Tech Ultimate Comfort Seat have two soft gels and two springs for added comfort. Bicycle seats are like shoes: what may be comfortable for some people but may be painful for others.
22 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2010
This one is for my husband. I already have one for myself. Without the nose on the seat, my husband and I can ride much longer. 5 to 10 miles a trip is normal for me. The old seat made just 1 mile uncomfortable.
on May 8, 2011
I am 37 and started riding again a month ago after not riding for 10 years. I live in philly and ride the trails on Sundays. I started with an eight mile trek using a stock gt aggressor whic didn't bother me much at first. I guess I was excited to be riding and adreneline masked it.

Since Then I've rode 24 painful miles with that stock seat and decided my butt bone could handle no more. I saw this seat and despite the bad reviews I had to try it for myself. I just finished riding eight miles with it and so far so good.

I will say its a different feeling than a seat with a nose. I rode on a street and didn't have any control issues. I did feel like the saddle was hitting the back of my thighs. After a while I adjusted and begain loving it.

I
on August 2, 2010
I read the review of this Bike seat and decided to get one.
So glad i did, it's so much better and there is no horn to strangle your arteries like the olde one did.

Please let everyone know it's so comfortable.
very pleased
on August 1, 2010
I dreaded riding my bike because the original seat and even an expensive gel one I tried left me terribly sore after just a few minutes. My husband and kids love to bike so I tried this seat in a last attempt to enjoy it too, and it was amazing!! It is so comfortable that I can ride for miles and miles. I could ride it easily right away, and only a few minor adjustments made it perfect. No pain, and now I look forward to biking with my family :)
on February 26, 2014
I haven't rode a bike in close to 20 years. So when my family decided to all buy bikes I was hesitant, I got an Electra beach cruiser and the seat that came with it was horrible! I rode it a handful of times and after every ride I felt like I had been violated by the seat. I found this seat on amazon and was hoping it would fix the issue. Once it was installed it took a few minutes to get used to it, I had to adjust the seat several times to get just the right angle. But now I can't see how I rode my bike without it. If you are having issues with your lady bits being beat to hell from your bike seat, give this one a whirl!
on October 18, 2013
This seat delivered all the hoped for comfort at first after a short adaptation to hornless seating & angle adjustment. After WELL less than 20 hours use by a 280 lb. man in rough conditions its structure failed catastrophically at both rear seat bolt points, leaving the outside edges to sag down and offer no support pretty much reducing the seat to the performance of a regular crotch destroying/wannabe crotch-destroyer "seat". If you are very heavy this seat will not perform, look for something with a heavy metal under-structure rather than this plastic bodied/framed stuff. If you are "normal" or less in weight I think it should provide good high comfort service.
on May 7, 2012
I replaced this seat for the NO PRESSURE Scwhinn seat, it fits better and it does not hit the back of your hamstring/thigh area
like this one does.

I thought I just had to get used to it, NO. After getting the no pressure seat installed the first ride I could tell a big
difference.

So I give it 3 stars as it is only ok. Try the No Pressure seat first plus this seat has a cover that attracts dust dirt and pollen in the air. the No pressure seat is a vinyl/leather type covering much easier to keep clean.