5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit, Highly recommend the helmet with the dial feature
Admittedly I was frustrated looking for a helmet that would fit my 2 year old. I did not like the helmets found at local stores due to the 'elastic back' feature. Even with the 1+ sizing the helmet could easily shift. I was dissapointed that there is no actual size in the description so here you go.

-SIZING ESTIMATE-
My Daughter is almost 2, her head...
Published 20 months ago by Trina

2.0 out of 5 stars A review regarding FIT. Yeah, kind of a biggie.
I enjoy reviews... I appreciate people writing the reviews. However, after going through page after page and seeing things along the lines of, "so cute, my daughter loves the bubble print," or "perfect for my girly-girl,"...I wanted to SCREAM! There must be a more than a few people who are confused about this helmet being labeled "Toddler" but also saying "Ages 3+" right...
Published on June 7, 2012 by D & L Nolan

‹ Previous | 17 8 935 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars not well made, May 22, 2013
I'd ordered the Razor helmet and this one for my toddler, who has a larger than average head. Unfortunately even with the adjustable band across the back, this sat on top of her head.
Also compared to the Razor (which is priced the same) this is of filmsy material- basically foam, with the yellow sticker like coating on top. Which to me negates the whole point of wearing a helmet.
Returning this asap.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits my 3 year old, NOT my 9 month old, September 22, 2014
This review is from: Schwinn Toddler Classic Microshell Helmet (Sports)
Fits my 3 year old perfectly, but was too big on my 9 month old (some reviews mentioned it fit their infants, but that was not our experience). It does have a pretty rounded back which made it difficult for my 3 year old to keep her head up while sitting in the bike trailer. I'd recommend just going to Target to try them on and buy so you're not stuck with a helmet that won't work

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little helmet, fits a wide range, October 25, 2014
This review is from: Schwinn Toddler Classic Microshell Helmet (Sports)
My daughter has been using this helmet since about 19 months. She is 26 months now. She is small for her age and it fits her very well. The adjust is easy to use and we've loosened it a couple times already. It also fits my almost 5 yr old on a bigger setting.

There is a lot of growing room and adjustability in this helmet. Great value for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Way to small for my 3 year old., October 5, 2014
Kate (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This helmet was purchased for my 3 year old son. He turned 3 in June. It won't go over his head. And yes, he has a larger than average head, but the helmet says it's for 3 and up! so maybe he has a head like a 4 year old. Anyway, I saw a few other reviews that said it was way too small as well, so I think the sizing needs to be re-evaluated.
Sending back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 13, 2014
Nice helmet,

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 13, 2014
best helmet in the only reasonable price

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10, 2014
Very nice for the value

3.0 out of 5 stars I would have liked this helmet a lot more if we had a ..., July 9, 2014
This review is from: Schwinn Toddler Classic Microshell Helmet (Sports)
I would have liked this helmet a lot more if we had a different type of child bike seat. It presses weird against our daughter in the one we have because she rides in front of us on the bike. If you have a front rider pick a less bulky helmet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Live these and so easy to adjust, July 8, 2014
Best and easiest helmet to use!! I bought one for each of my kids (2 year old, 3.5 year old) and they still have plenty of room to grow into it. Cute designs too!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute helmet. Use the sizing dial, June 26, 2014
The circus microshell helmet is adorable. I left off one star because those cute little animals on the sides? Yea, only stickers. So eventually those circus animals will bite the dust with enough use. I saw other reviews that stated the helmet was too small. I purchased this for my 12 month old daughter whose head size is in the 66th percentile for size, so basically my girl has an average size noggin (relative to the growth chart for girls birth to 3 years). I was a bit apprehensive at first when I read the concerns over the size but for us, it fits perfectly. There is also a sizing dial in the back of the helmet that you turn to tighten or loosen, in order to have the helmet fit properly. You need to make sure that the dial is opened up as wide as possible prior to wearing, then carefully tighten it once on your little one's head. This makes it a unique, snug fit for each individual. Keep in mind this also means that the helmet dial must be loosened first before trying to remove it!

‹ Previous | 17 8 935 | Next ›