4.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes you get a little more than you paid for
This is a surprisingly solid and usable trailer. I've been commuting with my daughter in it now for about 7 weeks and haven't had a problem. (Only about 6 miles round trip a day).

The good:
She's around 32lbs and tall. Fits fine.
The narrow profile is barely wider than my bike. Easy to thread through traffic etc.
No real assembly and folds out...
Published on August 3, 2012 by JOrth

3.0 out of 5 stars Would pay more for better harness and padding
Published 19 months ago by Lea

4.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes you get a little more than you paid for, August 3, 2012
This review is from: Schwinn Trailnblazer Single Bike Trailer (Sports)

The good:
She's around 32lbs and tall. Fits fine.
No real assembly and folds out and goes together very easy.
Has survived fine so far without breaking
Small area behind her seat for extra storage. I use the heck out of this.
Can be closed up or opened for ventilation.

The so-so:
It's obviously fairly cheaply made. Examples: wheels have some play in the bearings/attachment points, mounting hardware is showing some wear, Velcro and snap closure seems like it may have a definite time limit.
The narrow wheelbase means the trailer will flip. With a child inside this is unlikely, but I've flipped it once (hit a rock with one wheel) and also had it on one wheel from whipping a corner too fast (again without a child inside).
It's small. I expect to get another year or so out of it, but I can't imagine sticking a 5 or 6 year old back there.

Overall though this is a pretty nice little trailer for the price. I couldn't justify spending $300-600 on a "good" one and took a "risk" on this, but it's been turned out to be a good choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its great but check your rear bike frame, October 3, 2012
This review is from: Schwinn Trailnblazer Single Bike Trailer (Sports)
Ive owned and used this now for 3 months. Like most between the reviews and price I felt like this was a good trailer for a first time buyer. I honestly have nothing negative to say about this. Good air circulation, getting my 2 year old son in and out is simple, great storage, easy to assemble and it is very easy to tow. I'm not sure what other higher prices models offer to justify a much higher price tag? The only issue i ran into was connecting it to my Fugi bike. There is a small washer that is suppose to slip through a small slot in the frame itself. On my bike there is no slot on the frame by the rear wheel. For reference Google search "Schwinn bike trailer instructions" and go to the website by Instep. Scroll down to Page 7 of the PDF document and look at step 10C. You can see how the washer has a small lip that is meant to enter an existing slot near the rear axel of the bike. I considered returning it since it was not possible for me to install this 100% correctly. My bike has no slot for the washer to slip through. I ended up not using it. However, the connection is very solid without the washer and the bolts have not moved at all since day 1. Overall I'm very happy with my choice but i was worried the first few trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it, August 18, 2013
This review is from: Schwinn Trailnblazer Single Bike Trailer (Sports)
We use this a lot. It mounts very easily to my bike and my daughter loves riding in it. She is almost 4, rather tall, and has some room left back there still.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bike trailer, July 2, 2013
This review is from: Schwinn Trailnblazer Single Bike Trailer (Sports)
I just received this bike trailer and have taken it out only once, but so far I am pleased. I was REALLY worried about the amount of leg room my tall three year old would have, but he has plenty. It was really easy for him to get in and out of the trailer. I was also worried about the sagging I read about in other reviews, but it is fine. IMO the sag is only really noticeable or concerning when it is not attached to the bike. My little one is 36 lbs btw. With the five point harness he is really secure. The trailer attached easily and securely to my inexpensive mountain bike. It was just a matter of removing the nut and placing the coupler inside and tightening the nut back. Voila! Done! Once riding, I could not feel the trailer at all. The trailer is narrow enough. Easy to maneuver with it attached. Folding the trailer is a cinch, less than 2 minutes. The only thing I worry about is how hot he will get with the canopy is fully attached. However, you can roll and secure the plastic cover part of the canopy leaving the mesh, and there is mesh in the back too for circulation. Overall, I'm pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little trailer!, July 26, 2012
This review is from: Schwinn Trailnblazer Single Bike Trailer (Sports)
We looked around for a while to find a single trailer that was reasonably priced. Got this one. Paid way less at another store. (Sorry Amazon)

This little trailer is great! Light. The tires are like bike tires so they ride smooth. I am using a one speed bike and was worried about the weight and getting moving, but no problems.

There is just enough room in the back to put your things. Seems roomy and spacious for the little one. Even little side pockets inside. Easy to adjust straps too. Also like the extra safety features, like on the hitch.

It was so easy to assemble (and disassemble). The only thing that should be different are the side windows. Would be nice to have them as half mess and half plastic, or have a velcro option to switch between the two. Seems to get a little warm in there for the little one. Also like that it is light colored fabric. Can't imagine riding in a black one. Also a little fabric shade option on the top mesh area would help to keep the sun off the little one a bit better (thinking of making something for this).

This trailer is made by InStep, just with the Schwinn name. Also read in the instructions that there is a wheel and handle package you can purchase to make this stroller like.

Overall, we REALLY LIKE this trailer and are happy with it. Would recommend it to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars great trailer, August 9, 2013
This review is from: Schwinn Trailnblazer Single Bike Trailer (Sports)
This is a great solid trailer. Very easy to setup and fold down for car travel. Rolls well. Love the inner pockets for a waterbottle or toys. There is space behind the seat enough for a medium sized backpack. Also it doesn't say in the description but it DOES come with a safety flag that attaches to the trailer. Doesn't get very hot and minimal dirt/gravel gets in when on trails.

3.0 out of 5 stars Would pay more for better harness and padding, February 26, 2013
Lea (Orlando, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schwinn Trailnblazer Single Bike Trailer (Sports)
It's considered low price comparing to chariot thus I didn't have much expectations. However, I'd be willing to pay few more bucks if it came with padded harness and padded seats. Harness is so basic and uncomfy on baby's shoulders. We use Britax stroller baby insert to make it more comfy for baby but harsh harness is still an issue. Otherwise, it's good trailer and seems safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little trailer, May 14, 2014
naomi (Reston, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schwinn Trailnblazer Single Bike Trailer (Sports)
We got this trailer for our 1 1/2 year old daughter who loves going for a run in the BOB Revolution Stroller, and now she loves going for bike rides just as much. My husband tows it from his mountain bike (all I have is a road bike and don't feel steady enough to tow her - it would work but it makes me nervous). It's narrow enough to fit through a doorway and only take up half of the biking path, and it handles turns nicely despite being perhaps less grounded than a double. We only have one child so didn't see the point of getting something nearly twice as wide. It's about the same width as the BOB Revolution for comparison. It was easy to assemble (although the instructions left a lot to the imagination) and easy to break down between rides. Only problem is at 31" tall her head doesn't reach the "helmet pocket" (space for the back of the helmet to fit through the rear of the trailer) but after some adjustments to the helmet it doesn't push down over her eyes anymore.

2.0 out of 5 stars ripped, July 1, 2014
This review is from: Schwinn Trailnblazer Single Bike Trailer (Sports)
This trailer was great until it developed a rip in the seat are after only 20-25 uses with my 3 year old, who is under the max weight limit. Very disappointed.
An update: I called the company (Schwinn) and they are sending me a free replacement for the canvas cover that ripped. Good customer service; we'll see if the second one holds up better than the first!

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughters first birthday gift, May 27, 2014
This review is from: Schwinn Trailnblazer Single Bike Trailer (Sports)
I thought the idea looked cool. I never would have thought we would enjoy it so much. There is very little drag, You do need to be very aware however. I have had a couple of close calls as the trailer wheels can hit obstructions like curbs or sign posts which the bike was very clear of. We have a few hours of use so far and my daughter loves to ride in it. She doesn't seem to mind the occasional bumps (like a cross walks). I feel this is a great product if used responsibly. The design is simple and seems durable though I think off pavement the ride may be too rough for a child.

Schwinn Trailnblazer Single Bike Trailer