Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on October 5, 2010
I have an eight month old and a nearly 3 year old. I already have a double Maclaran stroller that I use for the mall, traveling, etc but wanted a stroller that I could use for jogging and walks in the neighborhood. I used the stroller for one jog and it pushed very well. I liked the double sunshades that can be adjusted for the angle of the sun. The rubber inserts on the parent cupholders are a great feature since my water bottles always fell out of the shallow cupholders on my single jogger while I was jogging. There isn't too much storage - just the basket underneath and the parent tray. No pockets on the backs of the seats or on the sunshades like my single jogger has. However, the basket underneath is easy to get to and since I was using this primarily as a jogging stroller, I didn't have much to bring with me. I love that the front wheel locks/unlocks by pushing a button near the handlebar instead of having to bend over and flip a switch near the wheel.

I got this stroller because I really liked the price range and I liked the snack and cup trays for the kids. Unfortunately, I am returning this stroller. My eight month old fit just fine but my almost 3 year old is 37.5" and was not comfortable. The seatback is only 17" tall so her head stuck up beyond the seatback so she couldn't rest her head back comfortably. Also, the way the seat is designed, her legs struck straight out instead of bending at the knee like she is sitting in a chair. As a result, one leg sort of rested on the wheel cover and the other dangled off. She tried to twist sideways and bend her legs so she could rest both on the wheel cover, but I could tell she wasn't comfortable. I am wanting to use this stroller for a couple more years and I know there will never be enough room for both of my girls' legs once the eight month old gets taller.

This would be a great jogging stroller for anyone with younger and shorter kids. However, as the kids grow, there just isn't enough head or leg space.
99 comments|371 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2013
I find this stroller to be wonderful and truly exceeds our needs. I've used this stroller at least 100 times in the past 3 months. It is extremely easy to fold up and put in/out of the car (lifting it is easy due to the convenient handles on the sides of the stroller). It glides like a dream (significantly easier to push than the double BOB). I have a 1 year old and a very tall 2 1/2 year-old. My girls love the padded seats (with the wool inserts in). The inserts keep them warm when it's cold outside and cool when it's hot outside. Both girls have plenty of head room (much more than they did with the double BOB, due to the awkward way the canopies fold in the BOB). After using this stroller for a month, my only complaint was the foot/leg room. So I gave the double BOB a try before my 30 day return window closed for this one. The BOB was harder to fold/unfold and get in and out of the car (It was very awkward and felt heavier than the Schwinn to me). It took more effort to push, and the head room was not as good as the room provided in the Shwinn Turismo Swivel Double Jogger. Also, after experiencing the comfort of the Schwinn stroller, my girls both complained about the lack of comfort of the double BOB. It wasn't as padded (doesn't come with inserts like the Schwinn) and they didn't like the angle of the BOB seats, no matter how I adjusted the reclining position. I asked my 2 1/2 year old which stroller she liked better, and she said the Schwinn was much more comfortable. The ONLY thing I personally liked better about the BOB was the leg/foot room. The lack of foot room on the Schwinn actually bothers me more than it bothers either of my girls. They don't care at all! I love this stroller in (almost) every way! I highly recommend it over the double BOB! (And it's such a better price!) OH, one more thing I did like better about the double BOB was that it fit through standard single door ways. The Schwinn does not, but that wasn't a big issue for me.
on September 9, 2015
We have used this stroller for the last two years and it has really been a decent stroller. If you are going to walk a lot, travel, take it on outings...you will like it as well. Amazon has it at a great price and it is worth it...if you only need it for a couple years.
If you are going to do anything more than a brisk walk...buy a BOB. If you want to use the stroller for more than 18 months to 2 years...buy a BOB. This is a poor man's BOB stroller...and don't get me wrong...I loved it while we used it. However around the 18 months old mark, things start to degrade a bit. Fading of the plastic happened rather quickly, the bag underneath has some holes from scraping on the curb and such. At the two year mark, the locking mechanism is a bit rough to work, but not impossible, we removed the brake as it was impossible to keep it from rubbing up against the front wheel and making it wobble. Just after the two year mark the front wheel needed to be replaced as it would randomly turn and jerk the stroller violently. It was very hard to push it for any length of time.
At this point, we decided to cut our losses and buy a BOB as we are very very active and the kiddos are not yet old enough to keep up. We purchased our BOB Revolution off of a buy/sell/trade site for about $270. Comparing the Schwinn to the BOB is like comparing a Datsun and a Cadillac. The used BOB is so much smoother than the Schwinn ever was, turns more easily and the breaks are much simpler to use.
Because we use a double stroller almost every day. I DO wish we had just purchased one straight away instead of trying to save money by buying the Schwinn. But if we weren't as active or my kids were older, the Schwinn would have lasted fine for the 2 years and maybe beyond.
Still...if you can swing it...buy a BOB. New or used, the resale value is great. I only got $30 for my Schwinn when I sold it with the new wheel. I could sell my BOB tomorrow for at least $250.
on January 5, 2015
Do not buy this product. We haven't seen the front wheel fall off like many others have, but I can see if we were to keep using it, it would definitely fall off. We stopped using it because the steering bearing on the front fork is locking up and making horrible noises. The speakers are a joke, you know the singing birthday cards that are at your local pharmacy, same quality speakers if not worse. It stopped folding easily as well. I have to use my foot and arms to press it together and get a latch. I tried working with the warranty on the bearing issue, after a couple of emails I no longer get a response. I doubt Schwinn actually manufacturers this product, if they do, shame on them. They have a much better name than what this product deserves. Highly disappointing. Would advise against this product to anyone in the market.
on October 31, 2011
I really struggled finding a good double jogger when I was expecting my second child. I previously owned a single BabyTrend Expedition w/swivel wheel that I put probably 400 miles on in less than 2 years, and honestly it was a pretty cheaply made stroller. After a few months, it was unusable in swivel mode because it would shake violently. But since I only used it for running, it wasn't a huge problem to just leave it in locked mode. So when I started my search for a double, I considered getting a fixed wheel because of this (and since fixed wheel strollers have a larger front wheel than swivel ones). I ended up trying out a friend's double fixed and HATED it. When you have that much weight in a stroller, it is really difficult to maneuver (in my single jogger, it wasn't an issue to have a fixed wheel, but it is MUCH smaller). So I knew I needed a swivel wheel and went back and forth between this and the InStep Safari. I ended up with this one because it had the hand switch to go from swivel to locked wheel mode (which I LOVE), was made of higher quality material, and had nice shocks in the back. I am so glad I went with the Schwinn!

I've been using it for 3 months now and my only major complaint is the weight, but I guess that is a sacrifice you make for a swivel wheel. I know you are technically supposed to run in locked mode, but with this much weight, I'm only jogging at 5-6 MPH and swivel mode is very stable still and highly maneuverable. The shocks in the back make for a smooth ride for my kids and the storage baskets are huge. The MP3 speakers are far from high quality, but it is still a nice feature. The seats don't lay back quite as far as I'd like, but it's a decent amount. The wool liners ARE removable (I have had them out since I got the stroller because of the weather). The child cup holder is a bit far away, but my very small 2-year-old can just reach it if she is sitting completely upright. I was a little concerned when it arrived about how narrow the seats are; my daughter seemed a little squished in there & she is very small for her age. However, we ended up putting my 3-year-old niece in there (who is pretty average size) and she was comfortable so it wasn't as bad as I thought although if you have big kids it might be an issue. The sunshades are fantastic (separate ones are a must!) and they come down pretty far. I can even fit it in my car's trunk if i take the wheels off. It is super smooth to push & just feels like a well-built stroller.

Overall, I'm pretty thrilled with this stroller and I feel like it is just as nice as my friend's BOB with more features.
on July 8, 2013
This stroller is pretty cool. I was impressed it fit through my door with no problem and it it just the right size for my two girls (3 years and 3 months). The car seat fits in the seat while it is reclined quite securely since the 3 month old is too small to sit in it just yet. It does hinder the use of the over head cover on the other seat because the handle is in the way. Only part of this stroller I wasn't crazy about is the small space to try and put items under the stroller. The opening is only a couple of inches but then drops so the diaper bag will fit. Just a pain trying to stuff it through the opening. Handles awesome. Tires are perfect for our non-paved roads. Front tire swivels and locks for easy maneuverability. Double cup holder for mom and dad (not overly big so don't expect to put a water bottle in it). Kids area comes with a locking tray with a cup holder too.
on July 11, 2012
I am one VERY UNHAPPY Mom as I am trying to control my feelings of anger as I type this comment! I purchased a Schwinn Turismo Swivel Double Jogger stroller in June of 2011. This morning during my morning jog (only my 2nd time to use it while jogging) while pushing the stroller with my 2 year old daughter and 1 year old son in the stroller the front swivel wheel came off! My babies went face forward into the asphalt of the street! They both were well secured in the buckle straps. My daughter sustained some very hurtful injuries with scrapes on her forehead, under her eye, her cheek, and her upper lip. My son, thankfully did not sustain any injuries. Myself, I have knots on both shins from hitting the metal bar across the bottom of the stroller where the storage baskets are as well as bruises and scrapes on my knees from falling with the stroller. I will be mailing Schwinn pictures of my daughter's road rash face as well as pictures of the stroller where the wheel came off! This is unacceptable! When you pay what I paid for this stroller you expect it to be fully tested and compliant with what it is advertised to be used for! The stroller was correctly and appropriately assembled by my husband! I will NEVER own any type of Schwinn again!
on June 11, 2014
After mulling over for months on which "double stroller" that has EVERY-SINGLE-DETAIL-I-WANT, I realized there wasn't one and if I wanted it all, I'd be buying several. Sooooooo, after reading over reviews, I bought this in early May for an upcoming trip to Disneyland. I'm glad I did! I have 10 month old and 3 year old and of average sizes and weights and they both enjoy rolling around in it as much as I like pushing them!

Pros: Easy to assemble, rolls smoothly, harness straps adjust easily, handle grip is adjustable (so I'm 5'2" and hubby is 5"11", adjusting the handlebar is a must), separate shades, front wheel lock is near the handle bar which makes it very easy to engage.

Cons: Basket underneath is pretty small, the seats are at a slant even when you adjust the back to the most upright position

I noticed some people mentioned that it's big...believe them! It's a little heavy too. HOWEVER, I managed to put it in a trunk of an Altima and it fit fine.
on May 13, 2013
We sold our old single person jogging stroller and ordered this unit due to the addition of another child. I believe this is lighter than the similar one we just sold that only held one person. The aluminum frame and wheels REALLY help keep the weight down. The cup holders are aplenty for both children and parents, and the little covered tray is nice too, but our iPhones won't fit in it. It must be designed for a small MP3 player like a nano or something. That takes me to the speakers... Useless is my best way to describe them. They're basically speakers that are meant for headphones. Being that they're open on the back, they have VERY little sound coming out of them. I tore them out and tossed them in the garbage. They end up being more frustrating when trying to move the canopy's to block the sun from my sons eyes because the wires get caught on things. I stick my iPhone in the cup holder speaker down and it amplifies the sound and makes it more than loud enough for all of us to hear.

Overall, we're VERY happy with the stroller. I personally LOVE that the handle is adjustable up and down and that the cup holder/trays in front of the kids swivel up and out of the way so they can crawl up and into the stroller if they want to.

For its size, it's light and easy to maneuver. It is pretty wide and can be annoying on sidewalks, but the big wheels allow you to go into the grass pretty easily.
on March 17, 2014
I got this stroller looking for a nice jogging stroller to take our kids places. I read all the reviews and was really excited about this purchase.
When it showed up at my place I put it together right away. The assembly was very simple and I did it all alone. The snack tray for one of the seats did not snap on like the other tray did. It kept slipping off and wouldn't stay put. That bothered me a lot because my daughter is in a kicking stage and I knew it would be kicked off a lot.
My husband and I took it for a walk at the zoo. The kids (18 months old and 3 months old)fit nice and comfortable in the stroller except one thing. My poor daughters feet kept hanging out the side of the stroller. There is no room for the feet to rest so her feet kept slipping off the stroller. I was so worried she would get caught on something and get really hurt. I immediately decided this was not a safe stroller and returned it the next day.
I was then charged $40 to return it. LAME! All because the tray was broken and my daughters safety was at risk.

The only reason I gave it two stars instead of one was because it was a comfortable stroller for them and it was easy to maneuver.