Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on September 14, 2013
Bought this bicycle for my girlfriend who is 5'4" tall. The same bicycle at Sears is $522.00, so getting one through Amazon was a significant savings. It is a large bicycle, but is highly adjustable for a wide range of riders. After assembling myself and adjusting both the chain derailleurs (Front and rear) and the brakes, I headed out for a test ride. I truly love this bike! It has the comfort of a cruiser with the speed of a road bike. The spring loaded seat post and front suspension work nice to make a smooth ride, but these too like the everything else on the bike needed to be lubricated to get them working to perfection. Aside from the bike coming from the factory with little to no lubrication on many of the moving parts, my one "peeve" about the bike is that it's a bit heavy. Not terribly so, but it is noticeable after riding my lightweight road bike. Upon testing the frame with a magnet, it is certainly a steel frame and not aluminum as advertised. That's the only reason I give it 4 stars and not 5. BTW, she loves the bike more and more after having ridden it now for about a week. So there you go.
22 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2014
So as others have noted, this has a heavy steel frame. With the suspension components (seat post and fork) and rack, that means it builds up to be a fairly heavy bike. There is a reason "serious" bikers pay big bucks for light bikes. They ride much easier and faster. The problem with a bike like this Schwinn is that novice riders, the ones generally buying this, will find biking takes more work than they expect.

The bike also requires some careful reassembly out of the box. I work on my own bikes, own several, and have done so for decades. I also have all the right tools and a workstand. So for me it was no big deal to readjust the bottom bracket, brakes and true up the wheels. But I suspect that not all buyers of a bike like this may be able/willing to do all that.

With those two issues in mind, the bike is otherwise pretty good. It looks sharp, which really is important. My wife like it. While the components aren't top shelf, they all work well and the bike rides good and safely. So for the price this is a very usable bike. Sure it will take more work to pedal across town, but it also doesn't cost $600.

I wish Schwinn would spec a lightweight aluminum frame version even if they had to charge $100 extra.
on June 30, 2014
I love this bike. It is so cute and feminine with the blue color and brown seat. I've received many compliments on it. I use this bike to run around town on - ride it to the park, to the gym, on a quick errand, and it serves that purpose well. It's body looks somewhat like a cruiser, but with it's thin tires and gears, rides more like a road bike. It is a little bit heavier than some might think for road bikes, but I don't mind that. It was a great buy. After reading other reviews, I did not even attempt to put it together. Took it straight to my local bike shop and for $50 bucks, had them assemble it. As for sizing, I am 5'6" and I haven't had a problem with size.
on August 27, 2014
I bought this bike for my girlfriend mainly because she thought it was "absolutely adorable". I knew Schwinn was a good brand so I figured I'd risk the online purchase (I try not to make such large purchases online). The bike was delivered on time and assembly was easy since the majority of the bike was already built. My girlfriend has been riding this bike for about a month now, and she still enjoys it very much. It is comfortable for her and easy to use (especially the storage rack on the back, which I think is a great feature). The derailleurs and sprockets are Shimano, which I was happy about. Those were the pros. As far as cons go, the bike is very heavy. The "aluminum hybrid" frame probably just means a little aluminum but mostly steel. The fenders are however, plastic. This is very disappointing because it means they are prone to bending slightly and sometimes interfere with the tire. The brakes are cheap. It took me a while to adjust the back break so that it would provide any adequate stopping force. The front break was impossible to adjust because the front wheel came slightly not true out of the box. If you are going to ride this bike for recreational use, it may be a good choice. If you want a daily commuter bike, this is not a good choice.
on June 5, 2013
I love this bike! It offers the style and comfort of a beach cruiser and the speed of a commuter/road bike....so truly it's the best of both worlds!
on March 14, 2014
This bike is beautiful! I've gotten so many compliments and I love riding it. Its my first bike and although its s little heavier than i thought it would be its incredibly easy and comfortable to ride. It arrived very quickly :). Only problem is that i had to have the gears re adjusted not expensive cost me $65 but i had to wait a week before I was able to ride it.
on July 13, 2014
Very good quality bike! My husband is a bicycle enthusiast and he was very impressed by the quality of this bike. The leather seat and leather handlebars make it extra attractive. Note: it is very heavy. You would have a hard time carrying it upstairs if you don't live on the ground floor.
on April 29, 2014
This is for the casual biker who wants a smooth ride around town. The colors and style is beautiful and often receive compliments. It was pretty easy putting the bike together but I still had a bike specialist look it over before riding.
Comfortable seat, great handling and room to place a bag/items on the back of the bike. Wheels are about average, closer to the narrow side but not as wide as mountain bike wheels. I'm 5'5 and the bike fit me perfectly with no adjustments & seat as low as possible.

No problems so far, beautiful bike and great value. Highly recommend for casual bikers who enjoy riding around the neighborhood and on park bike paths.
on March 6, 2015
I looked everywhere for a bike like this and got it at a fantastic price! This is so cute and classy. The color is beautiful! The box arrived very quickly and it was very heavy. It was very easy to put together, most of the work is done for you. The height is perfect for me at a low seat setting, and I am 5'8". I want to get it adjusted and tweaked at the bike shop before I take it out for a serious ride this spring, but I was able to test it immediately after it was assembled. An awesome bike!
on May 25, 2015
Bike looks great, but it shipped with some issues. I had to take it to a bike shop. $60 later, it runs decently. There were issues with the brakes and the front wheel (which shipped detached) was slightly bent, I assume from the shipping process. Moral of the story: when you purchase a bike online, be prepared to spend some extra cash on tuning it up so it works properly!