Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on June 14, 2011
This helmet has really good reviews on Amazon. I just love green color so i ordered this helmet. The price is good and the shipment is fast. However, I am not happy about it at all. The reasons are as follows. Please note that this is my first helmet. I may not understand how to wear it. I, however, read articles and watch videos about helmet fitting.

1) It too big for me. My head is 54 cm. I think all women helmets are around 50-57 cm. I don't know for this one. I didn't see any sizing information on the helmet. I adjusted all straps, but it doesn't help. Even when I dial the adjust reel to tighten it up until i have a headache, it still does not snug my head well. I may have weird head shape (-_-")

2) The dial adjusting is very convenient. However, the position of the strap is not okay for me. The strap is pretty high on the back of my head and it is INSIDE the helmet. I have long thick hair and love wearing ponytail when I ride. I cannot do so in this helmet. I later on tried other helmets, their straps are slightly below on the back of my head and there is a hole between the helmet and the adjusting strap where my ponytail can come out.

I am not sure if you will understand what I mean. i wish I took pictures of the helmet before i returned it. It will be a lot easier to explain.

3)Side straps do not have lock. It's a bit difficult to adjust. However, once you get them to the right place, they will stay right there without sliding.

4) Minor point; it looks HUGE on me. The light color and the design just make my head 2 times bigger.

One lesson learned: NEVER BUY HELMET WITHOUT TRYING IT ON. It wastes my time and money returning it (return shipping cost is on me).

I went to a bike shop near my place and tried couple helmets there. I came back and found Amazon has the helmets that fit me well( Bell Vela and Giro Skyla). In the end I ordered Bell women Vela from a seller on Amazon at a good price.
44 comments|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2010
This helmet is so much better than the one I used to have, vents well and no sweat collects under it, cools my head on a hot day, also the adjustable head-band makes it very comfortable, unlike the stretch one. A must have for a summer bike ride!
on September 3, 2010
This helmet has a great design. I like the visor on the front because it keeps the sun out of your eyes, and it has plenty of breathability.
on May 30, 2013
We all know bike helmets look ridiculous, and there is not much you can do about that. I read a review on here which complained that it made someone's head look big. I contend that it is a bike helmet. Of course that will happen. I happen to think this is about as fashionable as I could imagine. the colors are really nice and it is VERY light. I appreciate the detachable sun visor, because that does make it look a bit extra-silly. I would use it for serious rides where I would really want the protection, but I am glad it can come off for my regular commuting. It is full of air holes to keep my head as cool as possible and keep the helmet light.
on March 22, 2013
comfortable, I like the adjustable strap with the dial at the back. Fairly comfortable and breathable, thanks to the many slits.
EDIT: May 2015.
I have had this for 4 years now. I have worn it on occasion, and I find it can be hard to wear when you have a ponytail. It seems to work fine as long as you leave your hair free, but you do find that hair gets into your eyes.
The adjustable strap does not work as well as advertised. I have tried adjusting it several ways and I think the issue is that it's neither wide enough nor placed low enough to snugly fit into a position. It seems to do very little since all of the snugness seems to come from the chin strap, which isn't particularly comfortable (rather scratchy).

On the plus side, it's good if you have a smaller head, since a lot of adult helmets can be rather large.
on August 15, 2012
This helmet gets the job done. It's lightweight, comfortable, and the detachable visor is good for keeping the sun out of the eyes.

However, the craftsmanship of the helmet is cheap. The external plastic shell that's glued onto the foam part of the helmet is not made from hard plastic, but from a thin plastic layer (like the kind that cheap Halloween masks are made of). I noticed that right out of the box, some areas of the plastic were not glued firmly onto the foam and I could wedge my fingernail in between. Since the plastic part is just decorative (it's the foam that absorbs the impact of a collision), the flimsiness of it wasn't that big of a deal to me, but I still wish I knew this fact when purchasing. Overall this is a decent helmet for the money, but know what you're getting.
on May 22, 2011
The colors look clean and crisp. The visor offers nice shade and the dial for size adjustment was really easy to use. The helmet fit very comfortably.
on November 15, 2013
Great looking helmet but it doesn't fit my 10 year old daughter much less a woman's head! I couldn't begin to put the helmet on my head, it perched on top like a top hat! Straight back it went (but I had to pay $7 return shipping). Be forewarned, my head measurement is 58 cm./23 inches. Measure before you buy!
on February 15, 2013
First off, I was especially helped by the reviews of others, I knew nothing about helmets. This is a great helmet, good looking, lightweight, great fit, the inner band allows you to adjust it to fit just right. Best of all, I got the best possible protection for half the price of other helmets whose reviews weren't near as good. You won't be sorry if you buy this one, don't think the lower price means a lesser value. It's a winner !
on July 23, 2013
I purchased this helmet because I started biking to work every day, and iI haven't had any big problems with it.
The only thing I don't really like about it is that it's hard to put on when I'm wearing a ponytail, and I usually have to redo my hair once I take it off, but it fits my head well. I like that the size is adjustable because sometimes my friends borrow my helmet, so they can adjust it to their own sizes.
When I bought this from Amazon, I didn't think that the air vents/holes in the top of the helmet would really do anything, but it actually does cool off my head quite a lot when I'm biking around.
In the past when I've bought helmets, they've always been pretty uncomfortable, but this one actually fits my head well.
I docked one star for it not being very compatible with my ponytail, but I would buy it again if I needed another helmet.