Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 27, 2013
I was very nervous about buying this bike on-line because I've never gotten a bike I couldn't try out beforehand. But I am glad I bought this bike.

Size:

The bike is 16 inch on the seat shaft. Bike manufacturers differ on how to measure size. I am 5'4" and can use this bike without problems. I would guess that this bike can handle riders from 5'0" to 5'9". If you're taller, I would look carefully at Schwinn's measurements before buying this.

The wheels are 700c or 26 inches. They are street wheels - which means the wheels are thinner than mountain bike wheels.

Feel:

I really like the way the bike moves. I've never had a really expensive bike, so I can't compare to the high-end brands. But this one moves and brakes well.

Assembly:

The bike comes with an owner's manual with instructions on how to put it together. I had a little bit of trouble, but nothing I couldn't handle. The basic assembly is to put these on (in this order): (1) handle bar, (2) front wheel + front fender, (3) bike seat, (4) pedals, (5) bell. The handle bar was the hardest to put on because I got the front brake line mixed up. But it works well now.

The box was slightly beat-up, but the parts looked fine. A few small scratches, but riding it will get scratches on it anyway.

Recommendation: Look at the picture on Amazon when you are assembling for guidance.

Last thoughts:

-The seat and wheels are easy release. This means that they can be easy targets for thieves. Just an FYI.
-The seat has springs on the bottom which are nice when riding in not so flat roads.
-The bike has 7 speeds - the adjuster is on the right handle.
-The fenders are metal (not plastic like some of Schwinn's fenders), but they aren't a heavy metal. I can easily bend them to the shape I want. This does not impact the fenders' utility.
- I usually mount my bikes by throwing my leg over the back, but the rack makes this difficult to do. So I am going to try to mount in front of the seat now.
-The picture on Amazon is accurate for color and style. It's a very lovely light blue color.
on April 23, 2013
I love the finished product of this bycicle; it's a great bike. However, for me, it was challenging to put together (they don't tell you that on the description). After struggling with it, I took it to a bike shop and had them put it together.

If you are knowledgeable about putting a bike together, you won't have a problem. I thought it was going to come in 2 pieces and snap together - it didn't.

That being said, now that it is assembled properly - I love it. It's a really nice bike and I enjoy riding it. I love the frame, the color, and the little rack to hold stuff on the back! The gears work good and the seat is comfortable. It's sturdy and well made.

Had it been in all one piece and I could have riden it right out of the box, it would be 5 stars.
on June 30, 2013
I have only had mountain bikes before; my last one was a Schwinn so I looked into this brand for a new one. I decided I wanted something with faster wheels and comfortable riding because I needed one to travel to school and work and just casual riding. I didn't want to spend over $250. After some researching I choose this one at $200. I can't honestly say I love it but I like it a lot! There's just a few mishaps but I think it's just the consequences of buying it online. Next time I will go to a bike shop or shops if I have to.

Shipping/Packaging:
It arrived fairly quicker than I thought! So that was a nice surprise. Something large over 40 pounds should be carefully packaged. Because of the poor packaging, it came with a pretty deep dent right on the last N of "Schwinn", a few small scratches here and there, and the back fender which came assembled also was noticeably bent. I know the bike will get its scratches throughout use but I rather be the one to make the scratches then due to the shipping.

Assembly:
Overall not too difficult to assemble, although I had my brother help me. The only issue I had was the handle bars were pointing downwards, I assume to accommodate for packaging. I have a whole set of allen keys and tried to use it to loosen the handle bars and put them in the right position but none fit. It turned out I didn't have the METRIC allen keys. I asked my neighbor and he didn't have those either. I had to give it to a friend of a friend who works at a bike shop to fix it for me.

Post-riding:
I'm 5'3 and found it to be a perfect size. But I'm very small so it's a little heavy for me. I like the speed and it brakes well. The seat is comfortable for a short ride only. The rack can get in the way when you mount so it's better to bring your leg over the front. The picture is accurate, which is how it got my attention. I love the color. I didn't realize it came with a bell so that was nice!

Despite the glitches, I'm happy with my purchase!
on July 15, 2013
I bought this bike for my wife two months ago and, overall, we are happy with the purchase. It is what it is, not a road bike for speed, not a mountain bike for off road cycling, nor a touring bike for long distances, but an inexpensive beautiful retro bike that works well for casual ridings around the city or as a commuting bike. Yes, components are not top of the line, but properly adjusted they definitely do the job.

Assembling and tune in. It requires a little bit of assembly work: saddle, handlebars, front wheel, pedals and fenders, nothing that cannot be done using common sense and reading the instructions. Be sure all screws and nuts are tightened nice, and after that, check the brakes and gears and adjust them in case it's necessary. Don't be afraid if you've never done it before, there are plenty of videos in youtube explaining how to do it step by step. Again, this is not rocket science, if you go nice and carefully, you won't have any problems. Also, this is a good way to learn how your bike works and save money for future adjustment requirements. All the same if you're not sure about it, you can always spend 50 extra dollars and take it to your local bike shop.

Oh, don't forget to grease the bike properly! (if in doubt, quick search on internet)

Riding experience. First of all, the bike is not lightweight, but that is not really an issue unless you have to lift it upstairs. What really matters is it rides well, quite smooth... if you don't pay attention to this little inaudible vibration in the bottom bracket (I have noticed it, my wife hasn't). Once properly adjusted, shifters and brakes do their job with no problems. Wheels look strong and tires are very suitable for the city. Handlebars are wide, and it's shape is perfect to ride in a comfortable upright posture. Fenders, the rear rack and the ringbell are definitely a great bonus for a 200 dollar product.

Cons. Apart from the bottom bracket matter, the saddle is the worst thing about this bike. It is undoubtedly uncomfortable, and you'll surely want to replace it as soon as posible. This, along with two particular issues (rear brake housing came partially torn and the front wheel hub needed professional adjustment -5dollars in the LBS-) are the reasons I'm not giving it five stars.

Hope our experience will help you with your decision. Good luck!
on June 6, 2013
Searched for a bike for 2 years and finally found it! Love the color, handlebars are great, comfortable ride, shifts easily. Just replace the seat before you go for a long ride!
on September 11, 2013
The bike is an amazing deal. The price is less than I was expecting to pay for what I relieved. The only reason I gave it only 4 stars is that the seat doesn't stay up. After going over any bumps and/or any time on the seat it is back down all the way. I've taken it to the bike shop and had them do a full tune up and adjustment to the whole bike so I'm confident that it was assembled correctly. The bike has a good weight to it that leaves me feeling comfortable going over bridges in heavy winds and the tires are nice and sturdy. Really really do love the bike. Recommended it to a few friends already :)
on January 15, 2015
This is a cute but cheaply-made bicycle. The paint chips and fenders get bent out of shape easily. Don't try to put it together yourself, just take it to a shop (better yet have it delivered there) and have them do it. Or even better yet, buy a bike straight from a store to make sure it is good quality.
on November 29, 2013
Bike arrived a mess: frame is battered and scratched to hell, one of the screws that holds the front tire on already has a nut on it that is screwed so tightly on it is impossible to remove, and therefore impossible to install the front tire, and there are NO PEDALS!! And Schwinn customer service is closed for the holidays until Monday. I will update this review to account for customer service once these issues have been addressed, but thus far a huge disappointment.
on December 27, 2013
This bike has its positives but is mostly a cheaply-manufactured and heavy-as-hell tank. It has the style of the classic 3-speed Raleighs, but is not nearly as well constructed. That said, the frame is a SOLID chunk of steel. When all said and done, this behemoth is a mass of metal weighing in at least 40 lbs. It shifts easily, but the brakes are cheap and will have to be replaced after probably 100 miles. My advice if you like the classic English 3-speed cruiser style, then that's what you should get for about the same price on Craigslist.
on December 18, 2013
Some assembly required. Tires flat, front axle bearings too tight (took to bike shop for adjustment), wrong front fender (for smaller bike-but they are sending a replacement) and brake handles in wrong location on handle bars. Understand that you are not going to open the box on Xmas eve and ride it around the neighborhood. I did feel that I got what I paid for; a cheap, cute bike for my Granddaughter to take to college. If stolen, not much lost.