5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Effective, And Can Transform Your Life
If you read and do the exercises in this book, amazing changes will result in your mind and body. These exercises are deceptive they don't seem impressive, any person, any child could do them, so it goes without saying most people will lose interest because it doesn't seem arcane enough. Those who do the work will be amazed by what results.
Published on August 19, 2007 by Vairochana

3.0 out of 5 stars Explains the science well, but is also offensive!
Published on August 30, 2010 by Kaylee McAvoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Effective, And Can Transform Your Life, August 19, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful gem of a book!, November 13, 2009
This book gives you step by step instructions on the art of the breath. It is a great addition to anyone's library if you're interested in spirituality and meditation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Breathing is Good, August 29, 2010
This book emphasizes breathing correctly as wind musicians are trained to do. Much of yoga is based on breathing techniques, some more advanced than others. The author also includes exercises for improving circulation, which are easy to do. The cleansing breath exercises are simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to one of the foundations of yoga, May 5, 2011
This book is only for those looking for the basics of yoga. As other people said, the techniques could be resumed in 4 pages. But for a western mostly rational mind, 4 pages would not be enough to stress the importance of the breathing techniques and benefits. So, in their mere early XX century style, Yogi Ramacharaka explains the foundations, benefits and risk of breathing. For those who deep into yoga, it is a classic, a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself a favor and get this book., July 3, 2014
Everyone I know would benefit from reading this fine book. Do yourself a favor and get this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend it for anyone., July 3, 2014
This review is for the Angelnook Publishing Book.

I loaned out my old copy and never got it back, so just bought a new copy....does that tell you how much I like this book?

I've read my share of these type of books, and this one is at the top of my list with Angelnook Publishing Books!

If you believe that changing your thinking will change your life, that we can control our thoughts and by doing so improve our over all circumstances, you'll find this book extremely helpful.

I must say one of my favorite books on this topic, I was very very surprised with this book. The book and chapter selection is nice and WAY more than I ever expected. I definitely did not expect to find such book treasure.

I would recommend it for anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please understand 1 small thing...., July 1, 2014
This review is from: Science of Breath (Paperback)
I don't give this book 5 stars because the entirety of its content is 5 stars...
I did so because about half of it is. There is some of this book that you can skip through and not re-read. Some of it is just downright INCREDIBLE knowledge, so pick this up. It's not much and you will learn at least a handful of valuable lessons on the breath. The efficiency and function of your breathing is More important than you know, even if you know slightly.... It is your connection to divine Breath and Life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Words of Wisdom, October 12, 2012
This review is from: Science of Breath (Paperback)
Very good information for those who are ready to embrace and honor it. I purchased it because it was mentioned in another book by the same author. Has provided steps for pranic energy use and control.

3.0 out of 5 stars Explains the science well, but is also offensive!, August 30, 2010
I loved the beginning of this book as it explained the science of how breathing works, and why breathing differently really affects your whole being (not just believe it because I said so, but how oxygen affects your cells, and how to make it most effective at getting to them). However, I did find it offensive how the author kept referring to mouth breathers as "disgusting" since I was a mouth breather most of my life due to not having sinus cavities (I had to have them opened through surgery, it was impossible for me to get enough oxygen by breathing through my nose!). While it inspired me to continue breathing through my nose, it also forced me to put the book down before finishing it since I was so offended about his strong view against mouth breathers. He could have said it so much nicer, and should be a little more understanding since breathing through your mouth isn't as much of a "sin" as he makes it out to be!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the critically minded. Very goofy book., October 15, 2010
This is a very short read but all of the actual breathing exercises could have been summed up in about 4 pages instead of 96. The rest is filled with early 20th century biology and tons of anecdotes about how shallow breathing causes disease and all sorts of harm. The whole feel of the book reminded me of a snake oil peddler. I did try the exercises which pretty much boil down to breathing with your whole lungs which is something everyone already knows is good for you. Breathing through your mouth or shallow breathing does not cause disease as this book would have you believe. The thought is preposterous.

There is some introduction into eastern religion/philosophy but if you are interested in that I would not recommend this book either.

The back cover says that the author was a lawyer by the name of William Atkinson (1862-1932) so the original version of this must be very old which is evident when reading it. Yogi Ramcharaka is his pseudonym.

I'd look elsewhere if you're interested in breathing exercises or eastern religion.

Science of Breath
Science of Breath by Yogi Ramacharaka (Paperback - November 13, 2013)
$9.99 $8.28