Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

Format: PaperbackChange

on August 19, 2007
If you read and do the exercises in this book, amazing changes will result in your mind and body. These exercises are deceptive they don't seem impressive, any person, any child could do them, so it goes without saying most people will lose interest because it doesn't seem arcane enough. Those who do the work will be amazed by what results.
0Comment23 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2009
This book gives you step by step instructions on the art of the breath. It is a great addition to anyone's library if you're interested in spirituality and meditation.
on August 29, 2010
This book emphasizes breathing correctly as wind musicians are trained to do. Much of yoga is based on breathing techniques, some more advanced than others. The author also includes exercises for improving circulation, which are easy to do. The cleansing breath exercises are simple.
on May 5, 2011
This book is only for those looking for the basics of yoga. As other people said, the techniques could be resumed in 4 pages. But for a western mostly rational mind, 4 pages would not be enough to stress the importance of the breathing techniques and benefits. So, in their mere early XX century style, Yogi Ramacharaka explains the foundations, benefits and risk of breathing. For those who deep into yoga, it is a classic, a must read.
on July 3, 2014
This review is for the Angelnook Publishing Book.

I loaned out my old copy and never got it back, so just bought a new copy....does that tell you how much I like this book?

I've read my share of these type of books, and this one is at the top of my list with Angelnook Publishing Books!

If you believe that changing your thinking will change your life, that we can control our thoughts and by doing so improve our over all circumstances, you'll find this book extremely helpful.

I must say one of my favorite books on this topic, I was very very surprised with this book. The book and chapter selection is nice and WAY more than I ever expected. I definitely did not expect to find such book treasure.

I would recommend it for anyone.
on October 12, 2012
Very good information for those who are ready to embrace and honor it. I purchased it because it was mentioned in another book by the same author. Has provided steps for pranic energy use and control.
on October 31, 2014
Great for those who are interested in this area of knowledge. The author is truly an authority on the subject and generously shares his wisdom.
on September 6, 2014
This book was first published in 1904. I believe it is one of few yoga books that show how to practice a complete and healthy breath well.
on July 3, 2014
Everyone I know would benefit from reading this fine book. Do yourself a favor and get this book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2014
I don't give this book 5 stars because the entirety of its content is 5 stars...
I did so because about half of it is. There is some of this book that you can skip through and not re-read. Some of it is just downright INCREDIBLE knowledge, so pick this up. It's not much and you will learn at least a handful of valuable lessons on the breath. The efficiency and function of your breathing is More important than you know, even if you know slightly.... It is your connection to divine Breath and Life.