Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Science Experiments You Can Eat: Revised Edition
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 25, 2001
I've had fun with this book as a teacher in my own classroom, as a parent and grandparent in my own kitchen, and best of all as a substitute teacher using it for filler in high school chemistry classes and sometimes wowing advanced chemistry students with how much I know for "just being a mommy." My kids have more vivd memories of this book than they do of video games.
on April 14, 2000
What a great way to teach science. Children learn best when they can relate to what they are learning and they can relate to most food. Tell them, they forget; show them they remember; but once they've made it and eaten it they will understand(paraphrase of a chinese proverb). I consider this a significant book in our collection for teachers and future teachers.
on August 23, 2003
We discovered the original 1974 version of this book in our school library. After a quick perusal, we realized it was a fantastically fun way to teach kids science. The kids love the experiments and they are so easy to follow. Now, we use it everyday in our lesson planning in order to teach the scientific method. What a great way to use all five senses to make learning fun and real-world applicable!
on July 3, 2007
My 10 year old daughter and I have been working through this book during the summer. She has really enjoyed the experiments. Some of the information is a review from what she learned last year in school and some of it is new. Many of the experiments suggested have lead us to new experiments of our own.
on January 3, 2012
I could probably use 30-40% of this book for high school biology class with a few minor adaptations here and there. I can see an elementary teacher getting about the same use out of this book. It's fun to read and contains great ideas. For the price, it is definitely worth it!
on May 16, 2016
I purchased this book for my 5 year old granddaughter who loves to do experiments. The book is good, has good recipes but is definitely geared toward older kids so there is a little more assistance and clarification required for kids younger than 9 years old. It was good to see that the book had been updated to take into consideration modern appliances.
on April 8, 2013
I purchased this for my 9 year old niece who has shown an interest in cooking. She used it to create some edible science experiments for her school's science fair. She thought I was a rock star for buying this book.
on April 30, 2016
My son loves this book!!! We have made a few of the things in this book and they are so easy to make. He thinks everything science is awesome, so being able to make science experiments that you can eat is double awesome! This book, and these experiments are great for a rainy day when they cant go outside! Whenever I get this book out, my son gets so excited, and I know that the kids in your life will enjoy it just as much as we have!
on April 2, 2015
I've been using this book as a homeschooling text this year with my third grader, and we've been having a blast. Super fun kitchen experiments that we also enjoy eating and really get chemistry principles across in a powerful and tangible way. So grateful for this book!
on December 29, 2010
I bought this book for my 9 yr old grandson and find it is also interesting to his mother and myself in the way it illustrates the chemistry & science involved in ordinary things done in the kitchen. It answers questions like why does a cut apple turn brown, why tea may turn some punch cloudy and how microwave popcorn shares technology used in the stealth bomber.

This book helps to show how chemistry & science affects everything we do and answers that always present question, "Why do I need to learn this (chemistry, science, ect.)?