Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

on June 8, 1998
Having read and been completly disgusted with all the negative statments about the Scientology books all I can say is what better proof does one need that somthing is necessary to help us deal with our negativity. I am not a Scientologist, I am not anti-Scientologist. I am simply an everyday person who wants to explore the boundries of my mind.
This book, and the others I have read (which include Dianetics and portions of Scientology 0-8)have intrigued me.. They have gotten my mind thinking in directons, some of which, I have not considered before... It would seem to me that Scientology should only be considered a religion in that it is a philosophy on how to live ones life. That is after all the only common ground any "religion" has to all other religions. As a philosophy, it is obviously open to alot of critisizim. However, any new thought, or different thought is often met with a great deal of skeptisism and hatred. One should not allow the negative thoughts of others to influence them when the potential for self improvment is at stake. LRHubbard and the COS address these negative attacks as the Merchants of Mayhem.. That may be, it may not be, It is really a matter of opinion. One which you should make for yourself rather than simply accepting without thougt the beleifs of others..
The bottom line to this and any other book on Scientology or Dianetics is: you must read it for yourself AND try the techniques for yourself... Unless you have done that, and even this must be done with neither the blind faith that they will work nor the absolute conviction that they are bunk, You can not assert that they do, or dont, merit some further thought. While I can make no claims for whether or not they work, I can say that I would like to know more... My advice to anyone interested in this subject matter.... Read all you can on both sides of the debate... and then, carefully review the materials presented to you, try the techniques, evaluate whether or not it works FOR YOU... and then, only then, can you decide reasonablly if this information is usefull TO YOU. Nobody else can make this evaluation for you... and nobody else can benefit as much as you if it does work...
I strongly advise reading this book if for no other reaason than to stimulate the mind to further thought on the subject... and hopfully to improve oneself in the process.
on September 28, 1998
In this book Hubbard shines as an essayist. Like the finale of a fireworks show, it's just one well-written essay after another.
With titles like, "Is it possible to be happy?" and "How to live with children," there is something in here for everyone.
While not an essay on the specifics of Scientology (see the book "What is Scientology?" for that), it does give the flavor of Scientology philosophy: an accent on ability, awareness and responsibility.
You'll feel better just reading this book!
on February 22, 2016
I have the 1951 edition of Hubbard's book Science of Survival. On Page 119 verbatim: "The whole future of the race depends upon its attitude toward children; and a race which specializes in women for ‘mental purposes,” or which believes that the contest of the sexes in the spheres of business and politics is a worthier endeavour than the creation of tomorrow’ generation, is a race which is dying. We have, in the woman who is an ambitious rival of the man in his own activities, a women who is neglecting the most important mission she may have. A society which looks down upon this mission, and in which women are taught anything but the management of a family, the care of men, and the creation of the future generation, is a society which is on its way out. The historian can peg the point where a society begins its sharpest decline at the instant when women begin to take part, on an equal footing with men, in political and business affairs; since this means that the men are decadent and the women are no longer women. This is not a sermon on the role or position of women: it is a statement of bald and basic fact"
I agree that children are so very important however he relegates women into this narrow slot. The books afterwards removed Hubbard's many pages of misogyny and it really needs to be emphasized that all of Hubbard's works are slanted. A new slant? No, a very, very ancient one.
on August 13, 1997
Not the usual vague platitudes or psycho-babble of most "self-help" books. I read this book and immediately saw direct application of the author's ideas to my life. I was able to help someone else with what I learned, even before I finished the book! The concepts are simply stated and very applicable to real life. The author invites the reader to try the presented ideas and decide for him or her self if they work. I did and they do
on December 27, 1998
These essays are well worth reading. I have read many, many philosophical books, and this one is presented very clearly from an obviously enlightened man. After reading this, I decided to look further into the writings of Mr. Hubbard, and I will tell you, his books are very interesting and definitely thought-provoking.
If you are like me and like to really *look* at the world, yourself, and how things really work around us, then get this book and see what all the hoopla is REALLY about!
on October 21, 1997
I first read NEW SLANT ON LIFE in 1978. It pulled me out of the messes I had created, and it gave me the ability to change my life forever.
A lot of people and things have told us they would help, and they were not true, or they were not effective, and we felt disappointed or even betrayed.
NEW SLANT ON LIFE is true. It is genuine help, and it is possible to apply it to life. Right now. Today.
I wish you the happiness it has brought me.
Diane Klein (dkleins@earthlink.net) San Ramon, California
on January 30, 1997
"Oh, so that's why!" was a familiar statement I made to myself as I read this book. Never before have a read a book that had so much information I could immediately put to use in my life handling things I'd wanted to get handled for some time. Written in short, understandable chapters on a variety of subjects, this book was one of the best investments I ever made
on August 6, 1998
I read this book one year ago and my life is still improving because of it. The people that have given negative reviews on this book could not have read it. I wish them the best, perhaps someday they'll realize that their venom really only poisons themselves. If you read this book with understanding and actually put it to use in your life I am 100% certain things will improve for you tremendously. Good luck.
on December 15, 1997
I generally am not into self help books, because so many that I have read try to tell you how to think and try to make you fit a mold. This book wasn't like that. It presented a lot of discoveries of how life actually works, and it was up to me to decide whether to use it or not, and how to use it. It had a great deal of what I was looking for.
on August 23, 1998
I really found this to be a fantastic book and gave me a new outlook on the world around me. It truly deserves your attention. You will find that it is very revealing about your own life. I thoroughly enjoyed it!