Scientology is the fastest growing religion on Earth.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 9, 2010 2:10:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2011 9:10:02 PM PDT
Vik says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2011 6:31:30 PM PST
brunumb says:
To compare Big Pharma with Scientology, on an individual basis, how does the cost of psychiatric medicine compare with the cost of auditing?

This might help in that assessment :
http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/tsos/sos-19.html
Ch 19 - The High Cost of Scientology
"It's the only Church I've ever seen with a cashier's booth.
-- a woman who quit after one session. -- Time"

Scientology is completely fake. There is no science behind it. It was all made up by a science fiction writer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2011 1:39:31 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 26, 2013 9:34:04 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2011 4:39:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2011 12:51:47 AM PST
brunumb says:
My mind is open, so how about providing some scientific evidence please :
Independent testing of E-meters.
Evidence for Xenu, engrams, Thetans and previous lives etc.
Evidence that the universe is older than 14 billion years.

That would do for starters. A few testimonials from deluded individuals hardly counts for much.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2011 3:40:54 AM PST
Peter Reeve says:
"Copying anti-Scn data off an anti-Scn website is like copying what Republicans think of Obama if I wanted to find out more about our current president. Hypocritical, does not work."

If one wanted to learn more about Obama, why not listen to his critics as well as his admirers? It is what I do. It is necessary, in order to achieve a balanced view. How can that be 'Hypocritical'? To help you understand, let me give an example of what the word means:

You rail against critics of Scientology, calling them 'closed-minded bigots' for refusing to look at Scientology sites. In fact I, and other critics, do look at Scientology sites, as well as anti-Scientology sites. You, on the other hand, never visit anti-Scientology sites, because the cult explicitly forbids it. So it is you, Jimmy Mourgos, who is closed-minded and bigoted. And therefore, hypocritical.

Posted on Jan 30, 2011 4:06:30 AM PST
brunumb says:
Scotman, aka Xenu Warrior Seagull, is probably being punished for doing such a poor job here. My guess is cleaning toilets with a toothbrush. I doubt he's spending any time gathering up evidence which validates Scientology.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2011 8:29:43 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 26, 2013 9:34:38 AM PDT]

Posted on Feb 2, 2011 8:30:32 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 22, 2012 8:59:55 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2011 8:31:20 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 8:58:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2011 7:18:11 PM PST
The following resources are great for answering many common questions. Check them out:

http://www.Scientology.org

http://www.Dianetics.org

http://www.whatisScientology.org

http://www.volunteerministers.org

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2011 10:24:30 AM PST
Peter Reeve says:
Always a pleasure, Jimmy.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2011 10:28:27 AM PST
Peter Reeve says:
You need to edit that post, so as not to make quite such a fool of yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2011 7:18:44 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 26, 2013 9:34:50 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2011 8:38:37 PM PST
Peter Reeve says:
"I cleaned up the post, though not for the reason you stated."

Fair enough. If you weren't trying to avoid looking foolish, you succeeded.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2011 12:39:30 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 6, 2011 6:00:28 PM PST]

Posted on Mar 4, 2011 12:42:03 PM PST
The following resources are great for answering many common questions. Check them out:

http://www.Scientology.org

http://www.Dianetics.org

http://www.whatisScientology.org

http://www.volunteerministers.org

And these Amazon products:

Dianetics: A Visual Guidebook to the Mind - L. Ron Hubbard
Self Analysis
Dianetics 55!: The Complete Manual of Human Communication

Posted on Mar 6, 2011 11:49:10 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 9, 2011 9:51:08 AM PDT]

Posted on Mar 7, 2011 8:14:32 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 1, 2012 4:00:29 PM PST]

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 4:11:36 PM PST
"Scientology is a new thing - it is a road out. There has not been one. Not all the salesmanship in the world can make a bad route a proper route. And an awful lot of bad routes are being sold. Their end product is further slavery, more darkness, more misery.

"Scientology is the only workable system man has. It has already taken people toward higher IQ, better lives and all that. No other system has. So realize that it has no competitor.

"Scientology is a workable system. It has the route taped. The search is done. Now the route only needs to be walked.

"So put the feet of students and preclears on that route. Don't let them off of it no matter how fascinating the side roads seem to them. And move them on up and out."

- L. Ron Hubbard, HCO PL 14 Feb. 1965 SAFEGUARDING TECHNOLOGY

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 8:58:55 PM PDT
WHAT IS SCIENTOLOGY?

Developed by L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology is a religion that offers a precise path leading to a complete and certain understanding of one's true spiritual nature and one's relationship to self, family, groups, Mankind, all life forms, the material universe, the spiritual universe and the Supreme Being.

Scientology addresses the spirit-not the body or mind-and believes that Man is far more than a product of his environment, or his genes.

Scientology comprises a body of knowledge which extends from certain fundamental truths. Prime among these are:

Man is an immortal spiritual being.

His experience extends well beyond a single lifetime.

His capabilities are unlimited, even if not presently realized.

Scientology further holds Man to be basically good, and that his spiritual salvation depends upon himself, his fellows and his attainment of brotherhood with the universe.

Scientology is not a dogmatic religion in which one is asked to accept anything on faith alone. On the contrary, one discovers for oneself that the principles of Scientology are true by applying its principles and observing or experiencing the results.

The ultimate goal of Scientology is true spiritual enlightenment and freedom for all.

(from www.scientology.org)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 1:46:56 PM PDT
My Philosophy, by L. Ron Hubbard

"The subject of philosophy is very ancient. The word means: "The love, study or pursuit of wisdom, or of knowledge of things and their causes, whether theoretical or practical."

All we know of science or of religion comes from philosophy. It lies behind and above all other knowledge we have or use.

For long regarded as a subject reserved for halls of learning and the intellectual, the subject, to a remarkable degree, has been denied the man in the street.

Surrounded by protective coatings of impenetrable scholarliness, philosophy has been reserved to the privileged few.

The first principle of my own philosophy is that wisdom is meant for anyone who wishes to reach for it. It is the servant of the commoner and king alike and should never be regarded with awe.

Selfish scholars seldom forgive anyone who seeks to break down the walls of mystery and let the people in. Will Durant, the modern American philosopher, was relegated to the scrapheap by his fellow scholars when he wrote a popular book on the subject, The Outline of Philosophy. Thus brickbats come the way of any who seek to bring wisdom to the people over the objections of the "inner circle."

The second principle of my own philosophy is that it must be capable of being applied.

Learning locked in mildewed books is of little use to anyone and therefore of no value unless it can be used.

The third principle is that any philosophic knowledge is only valuable if it is true or if it works.

These three principles are so strange to the field of philosophy, that I have given my philosophy a name: SCIENTOLOGY. This means only "knowing how to know."

A philosophy can only be a route to knowledge. It cannot be crammed down one's throat. If one has a route, he can then find what is true for him. And that is Scientology.

Know thyself . . . and the truth shall set you free.

Therefore, in Scientology, we are not concerned with individual actions and differences. We are only concerned with how to show man how he can set himself free.

This, of course, is not very popular with those who depend upon the slavery of others for their living or power. But it happens to be the only way I have found that really improves an individual's life.

Suppression and oppression are the basic causes of depression. If you relieve those a person can lift his head, become well, become happy with life.

And though it may be unpopular with the slave master, it is very popular with the people.

Common man likes to be happy and well. He likes to be able to understand things, and he knows his route to freedom lies through knowledge.

Therefore, for fifteen years I have had mankind knocking on my door. It has not mattered where I have lived or how remote, since I first published a book on the subject my life has no longer been my own.

I like to help others and count it as my greatest pleasure in life to see a person free himself of the shadows which darken his days.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Sep 9, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dianetics
Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard (Audio Cassette - May 13, 1988)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (513)