5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome BCAA's for the money
Published on May 29, 2012 by Capt08

1.0 out of 5 stars Grape Flavor will Doom Civilization
I pride myself of not caring about how supplements taste, after all they are supplements; not dinner, lunch, nor breakfast.

But this item's grape flavor is really bad, and as the time has passed it gets worse. It takes a total lack of care for your product's flavor for it to taste this horrid and with such persistence.

Next time, I am buying some...
Published 6 months ago by Cambero

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome BCAA's for the money, May 29, 2012
Capt08 (Staten Island, NY) - See all my reviews
I've been using this for about a month now and can't say enough great things about it. This product has a 2-1-1 ratio which is great and the 90 serving size gets you more for the money. I never used BCAA's when I work out and I've been doing so for the past 20 years off and on. This product gave me endurance and also aided me in recovery. My workouts for the past year have been brutal. My workout consists of using weights first then sprints to then steady state cardio. After my workout I have been completely depleted of energy and felt sluggish and sore. While using this product for the past month, I no longer had any of these issues after my workouts. As another reviewer stated, there's only 3 grams of Glutamine in this product. I add another 5 grams to get the daily recommended amount needed for recovery.

Since there's no product details on Amazon I thought I'd share that info. You're probably asking the same questions I asked myself before I decided to purchase this. What made me decide to purchase this product were the 5 star reviews.

Serving size - 1 scoop
L-Isoleucine - 1750 mg
L-Valine - 1750 mg
Citrulline Malate (1:1) - 1000 mg

Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Thoughts on MULTIPLE FLAVORS updated 3/28/14, March 14, 2012
I have tried the old formula Watermelon and the new Blue Raspberry and Green Apple.

I like the increased workout ability (strength/time) and the lessened muscle soreness. I have one serving a day on workout days and do not normally use on "rest" days. I have recommended this to my sister and cousin.

Mixes much better than the original formula.

Sweet? Oh yes, it's sweet. Mix is 1 scoop to 8oz of water. I prefer 1 scoop to 16 oz of a combo Ice/Water.

tip: Amazon normally has best pricing!

ETA: Amazon will not let me review different flavors, only one, therefore I give it 5 instead of 4 stars. All performance statements above are the same for each flavor.

BLUE RASPBERRY: Tastes like kool-aid. Totally delicious!

WATERMELON: (I have only had the older version but plan to order more in the new) Also very tasty. Like a watermelon treat.(This review on watermelon is original to March 2012).

4/4/2012: I have found a variety pack that includes 6 flavors of XTend. Orange Dream, Lemon Lime Sour, Watermelon Madness, Raspberry Blue, Green Apple, and Grape.
GRAPE: I normally do not like grape anything but tried that flavor to make my sister happy. Grape is actually very good. It does not taste like a brand name cough medication.
WATERMELON: The new Watermelon formula is TERRIBLE! It tastes like super sweet sugar free watermelon flavored candy.
ORANGE DREAM: Orange Dream is pretty good, but not my fave.
LEMON LIME SOUR: Lemon Lime Sour has a tangy taste that I didn't care for. That said- I don't like lemon lime sports drinks either.
GREEN APPLE: some people have stated this tastes like an apple candy. I do not think it tastes like a Jolly Rancher (which I like), more like green apple gum (which I don't like). My sister and I also thought it tasted somewhat like a GreenAppleTini. Not a bad flavor, but not my favorite flavor. I much prefer the Watermelon or Blue Raspberry.

2/21/2014: NEW FLAVOR!!!! STRAWBERRY KIWI: This flavor is SOOOO Juicy! The smell is like a strawberry milkshake (pre-water) and the taste is like a juicy strawberry candy. I would say this has to be one of my favorite flavors of XTend so far. Just writing this review is making my mouth water thinking about it. Wow! (3/28/14: Still in love with this flavor).

3/28/2014: PINK LEMONADE- I can't drink this stuff. I seriously dread it. My sister likes the flavor but I think it's just too sour for me. If you are able to try this without a large purchase, I recommend trying it that way first. (I didn't see this flavor on Amazon yet).

I hope that this update will help you decide which flavors to spend your $20-45 on. I am super glad I did not purchase the new Watermelon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great post-workout., October 30, 2013
Puya "Puya" (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scivation Xtend Intra-Workout Catalyst, Watermelon Madness, 30 Servings (Health and Beauty)
This helps with muscle growth and helps with the soreness. I've tried a lot of the other products and this has worked the best so far. Some people complain about the taste... if you're worried about how it taste, remember, you're working out, not looking for a candy bar... suck it up!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for pre workout, November 4, 2013
I've been using this product for a few months now. I take it as a pre workout supplement. I workout in a fasted state, so this product is the only thing in my system while doing my hour of free weight exercises. It provides me enough energy to get through my workout, even on heavy weight days. As far as the taste, it is really sweet. I mix it in 16.9 oz of water and it is still sweet. I prefer the taste of the watermelon to the green apple, but apple is a good flavor as well. I ordered the Orange Dream. I will see how that taste and may update my review. As for me, the Scivation Xtend has been a great pre workout supplement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value, March 20, 2014
Similar to Gaspari AminoLast for cost and profile and flavors but the 90 serving version of this is by far the best value. Watermelon tastes great too. I use both products to mix up flavors and which one is on sale. Aminolast has a little better profile for other nutrients but this is all so similar I got for price. Amazon is cheaper than other sites.

I use the during my workout and then I can cut back on extra BCAA capsules because this is loaded with BCAA's and no calories! Perfect for workouts - great taste - good price! Look no further than this product or Gaspari AminoLast for your workouts without added calories I would prefer to use post workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 scoops a day!, January 31, 2014
Work out hard? drink this during and you won't be nearly as sore the next day!

I add 300g of l-glutamine and 200g of citruillne malate to this thing and it lasts at least 4 months.

Essential if your serious about them gains!

5.0 out of 5 stars BCAAs!, January 7, 2014
Dave (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Branched Chain Amino Acids! The building blocks for proteins. I can't say I've made huge gains with this stuff but I haven't gotten any weaker. Also, it seems to give me more energy during my workouts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taste great., November 11, 2013
I've been using this product for several months, and it really helps me to get through my workouts. I definitely notice a lack of energy and stamina on days I forget It take it to the gym. It mixes well with water, but have noticed it mixes better with room temperature water, than cold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replenishes my energy, July 18, 2013
I workout in the morning, and Xtend does a good job of refreshing my energy level and recovery so that I can push myself to complete a high intensity training session. It tastes great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helps me get through workouts and recover, April 29, 2013
I've been using Xtend for a while though and I couldn't imagine doing a workout without it. I currently do fasted training, so Xtend really helps in getting through a workout. Also, the Watermelon Madness tastes amazing, I actually look forward to drinking it each day.

Rate and Discover Movies