5.0 out of 5 stars Record High
Published 13 months ago by J Goddard

3.0 out of 5 stars They are just making stuff up now?
Scooby Doo has went down hill in the last couple years and i doubt if it will ever recover - as soon as they started making films without the full cast is when i really lost interest - you can pass on this one and all future ones, trust me
Published 3 months ago by Timothy Branik

5.0 out of 5 stars Record High, July 1, 2013
This review is from: Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright (Amazon Instant Video)
All Scooby-Doo episodes and movies contain promise, but some are better than others; hence, Zombie Island and Witch's Ghost are better remembered than Aloha or Chill Out. Well, when I heard this one looked adventurous and parodied both Phantom of the Opera and American Idol I made the mistake of renting it. By mistake, I mean that I should have bought it to rewatch the multifaceted plot details. Just when you think they solved the mystery, there turns out to be more. Also, the gang shows their talent: Shaggy and Scooby act goofier than ever, Velma coins better one-liners, and Daphne and Fred sing their first duets. The characters are dynamic, especially "Fraphne." They even ponder the self-mimicking question, "Are we the only ones who run into masked crooks?"

It includes a sewer slide, a stakeout, several chase scenes, and a perilous driving scene. But the biggest surprise is how it ends. Some shows have one bad guy in a mask, some have two, some have a real one, and some have both a fake and a real monster. (This one follows none of those patterns.) The gang faces danger in a sewer and on a bridge, but the overall tone is light. Fun and friendly for the kids, yet interesting enough for nostalgic adults. This one may just beat Zombie Island.

If that's not enough, the DVD and Blu-Ray discs also include two theater episodes from Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?

5.0 out of 5 stars A Scooby Doo movie set in Chicago!, July 7, 2013
This review is from: Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright (Amazon Instant Video)
I'm not aware of any other Scooby Doo stories set in Chicago. It was fun seeing the Scooby Gang riding by famous landmarks in our city. The plot is set around an Opera House that is not real, but it's fun that the Scooby Gang came to the real city of Chicago and had an adventure. The movie has a lot of twists and turns in the plot so that it was a very difficult mystery to solve. Few kids' movies keep adults guessing like this.

It was also a nice commentary on the American Idol phenomenon without it being too instantly-dated. There was nothing in this that would lock the movie into the year 2013, so it should be great viewing in the future for many decades. But at the same time it was fresh and current enough that watching it you get the pop culture references. This is NOT like watching Aladdin and having all the jokes feel stale because Robin Williams made them about life in the early 1990s...the jokes made in this Scooby movie are very timeless.

The animation looked great...as good as the recent Scooby TV show Mystery Inc...but it had a more positive vibe to it than Mystery Inc (which, to me, was hard to watch sometimes because of the odd "planetary disk" plot). I liked this Scooby movie better because there was no overarching larger plot and it was just about the gang solving a mystery like the old TV show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scooby Doo, June 29, 2013
This review is from: Scooby-Doo: Stage Fright (DVD)
I thought this was a good Scooby Doo movie, more than one villain, Daphne and Fred singing, it was over all enjoyable. I would like to remind people that this is a Scooby Doo movie, made for enjoyment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scooby Doo meets "Phantom of the Opera" with a twist!, September 8, 2013
This review is from: Scooby-Doo: Stage Fright (DVD)
I've been a Scooby Doo fan for years and have thoroughly enjoyed many of the older animated movies (Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School, Scooby Doo on Zombie Island). In more recent years, the animated movies haven't been up to par and haven't matched the quality of the older movies. "Scooby Doo Stage Fright," however, was definitely a step in the right direction towards getting back to the quality of the Scooby Doo movies. It was funny and gave a new spin to the regular "catching the villain" formula. Another thing that was great about this movie was how they spun both "Phantom of the Opera" and all the reality talent shows into this movie and made it kid friendly. This is one worth a viewing or two (or three, or four...)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty awesome., September 9, 2013
This review is from: Scooby-Doo: Stage Fright (DVD)
I saw this movie on Cartoon Network, and I must say Scooby-Doo's movies seem to have a darker theme to them then usual, but I LIKE it! It's different. Who wants to be watching the same stuff over & over again right?

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite, but still amusing, August 30, 2013
If you like the Phantom of the Opera (I did) and you love Scooby Doo ( I rally doo!) you'll want to add this to your collection. I love that I was able to get it 5 weeks earlier if I ordered through Amazon rather than waiting for the DVD to come out. I found this to be witty and a surprise ending. I have a large collection of Scooby Doo. I usually watch at least one episode a night. Truly it is sleeping pill. Nothing relaxes me more than knowing Scooby is on the case.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Scooby-Doo!, August 30, 2013
This review is from: Scooby-Doo: Stage Fright (DVD)
I ordered this movie for my 5-year old daughter. She loves Scooby Doo and this movie was a big hit!

4.0 out of 5 stars great movie!, June 20, 2013
My five year old lives this movie and my eight year old girl! They say "it's funny because Scooby says Scooby Dooby Doo!"

5.0 out of 5 stars scooby doo stage fright, August 28, 2013
This review is from: Scooby-Doo: Stage Fright (DVD)
It's a great movie, very funny and it has two bonus episodes and Wayne Brady's voice talent! Great for any age!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scooby Doo Movie with all the In Jokes left at the door, June 9, 2013
Many of the recent Scooby Doo movies have featured alot of 'in jokes' for an audience who might not get them.
This movie left that at the door in favor of spending more time on a decent script.

There's enough twist here to be original, i can't say it's a blatant rip off of a classic episode, like how Abracadabra Doo is literally a reversioning of Wednesday Is Missing without the Addams Family.

I can not point to an episode that inspires this movie but I can say that it's a great scooby romp.

I give it 5 star for quality, though I still feel a few of the movies are 'better', this movie earns it's stars.

Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright