Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Scope Outlast Long Lasting Mint Mouthwash 42.3 Fl Oz (Pack of 2)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 19, 2012
This mouth wash is not too strong and have a nice mild mint flavor. It's great for morning, day and night rinsing. I've tried other mouth washes but keep returning to this one because it leaves my mouth feeling fresh and clean.
on December 7, 2013
Having been a daily user of Scope I was interested to try Scope Outlast when I saw it on the product shelves. No one likes bad breath and when you wash your mouth out in the morning you have the whole day to go. I tried a dose of Scope and could taste mint and alcohol. Then, I tried a dose of Scope Outlast for comparison and tasted a much more concentrated mint/mouthwashy flavor and less alcohol. After a few seconds of rinsing though this taste goes away and it is just like swishing water in your mouth. When you spit it out the aftertaste is the same as the initial taste and quickly fades away.

I got the two bottles and did a side by side comparison of ingredients and here is what I found:
*They both have water listed as the main ingredient, not a surprise
*Scope has 15% alcohol and Scope Outlast has 13%
*The rest of the ingredients were the same and also in the same order

Therefore, I can conclude the taste differences are due to the difference in alcohol percentage and the infamous "flavor" labeling. I think they took the minty flavor and increased it by 2% to make up for the loss of alcohol. I will say that when swishing the mouthwash it was tingly and refreshing. My breath feels like it will stay fresher, longer primarily due to the difference in concentration.

Be careful though, when you look at the back of the package you see the "5X longer" highlighted in green and I immediately thought that this meant that Scope Outlast was 5X stronger than regular Scope. Not the case, if you read the claim it says that your breath feels fresh up to 5X longer (vs. brushing alone).

I just unscrewed the caps to take one more whiff and regular Scope definitely smells alcohol first, then mint. Scope Outlast smells mint first, alcohol second. This is primarily due to the ingredient shift. Scope also makes no claims as to how long your breath will feel fresh vs. brushing alone.

My final take is that if you are curious, give it a try, especially if you are a Scope user. I like Scope Outlast better than Scope because it will keep my breath fresher longer and is more minty and less alcohol tasting (which makes it taste better). Plus, I will do whatever easy steps I can to try to get fresher breath - and this is an easy one.
on December 6, 2010
I don't know what they put in this stuff.. But it's magical.. It doesn't have the burn of alcohol, but I literally used it for the first time, drank strong black tea, drank coffee, and ate garlicky pizza and I can still taste the mint flavor.. But not in the gross, alcohol-y way that some highly popular mouthwashes stay in your mouth; the way that actually smells gross and overpowering to other people. This mouthwash left a light but long-lasting, pleasant flavor that made me feel confident my breath smelled fresh. Highly recommend! I tried the (blue) peppermint flavor.
on July 21, 2013
This mouthwash is the best ever! I've tried every kind and this definitely outdoes the competition! Just brush and use this and
your mouth and breathe will feel wonderful! Nice clean fresh taste not overpowering at all. This is a must have!
on October 17, 2012
After using it for a few weeks I noticed my teeth looked did colored. Then a month into using it I noticed my teeth were yellow. But I didn't make the connection until I went for my six month dental check up and they noticed my teeth were stained. They asked me if I used scope outlast and I said yes....they have come across several cases like mine. The product will give u fresh breath that lasts but it will stain your teeth!
on December 22, 2010
I liked this mouthwash until this morning, when research uncovered the fact that this has the same CPC ingredient that turns teeth brown, also found in Crest pro-health. Just a heads up. I have noticed my teeth are not as white as they used to be. Now I know why... Avoid this product. Look for something w/o the ingredient cetylpyridinium chloride. They exist.
on December 2, 2011
In a comparison between original Scope, Scope Outlast, and Scope Dual Blast, the Outlast is my favorite. I feel that it has the mintiest after effects. I do not use this product every day, but rather, only when I feel the need to be extra minty. I tried the green mint.
on September 26, 2012
After only a month of using this mouthwash I started to see my teeth change color - from white to yellow. I have not changed my diet or brushing pattern, just started using scope and I noticed yellow streaks developing in my teeth. Unhappy! I investigated and it is indeed the scope an ingredient called cetylpyridinium chloride is the actual factor within the mouthwash that changes the color of your teeth. BEWARE!
on February 26, 2014
Great size and is lasting me a long time a real quality product. Makes your breath smell good and not hard on your mouth.
on January 11, 2013
This is an excellent product! It's a little more gentle than Listerine but still does the job. Super fast deliery too!