5.0 out of 5 stars So far the best !
If you want a good sounding unit, this is the one. Out of the numerous units that i've purchased, this is by far the one that actually comes in clearly until the batteries start to fade (which takes for me about 3 weeks of using it roughly a hour and a half or so a day). If you purchase this, you wont be disappointed.
Published on September 13, 2010 by Da Sauce

3.0 out of 5 stars So far ok, but very limited frequencies
Just out of the box the unit seems to work ok for my fairly limited needs, but it only transmits on the odd decimals of frequencies 88, 90, 106 and 107. Before buying this unit check your best available frequencies here - radio-locator dot com slash cgi-bin slash vacant and enter your zip code.

Unfortunately my vacant channels are all on frequencies 94,...
Published 19 months ago by David2051

3.0 out of 5 stars So far ok, but very limited frequencies, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Scosche FMT4 tuneIN Universal FM Transmitter for iPod/MP3 Player (Electronics)

Unfortunately my vacant channels are all on frequencies 94, 101-103. "Next best" channels are at 87, 93, 98 and 103. This unit will only transmit on "third best" channels in my area which means some noticeable static. Check out the vacant channels in your area. It may be worth more money to buy a transmitter which will broadcast on the best frequencies in your area.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far the best !, September 13, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome reception!, December 30, 2010
I just got this transmitter at Walmart. It's a little bit different than the one listed here (FMT4RA instead of FMT4R), but it's a great little gadget. I needed to buy a battery operated transmitter for my car since my cigarette lighter is out of order and I don't want to replace it. I can be standing about 10 to 15 feet away and still hear the radio or iPod loud and clear! I had purchased one before this that was lousy--I had to literally hold the iPod up to the radio to hear anything. Since this new one is battery operated, I worried that the transmitter would be lousy, but that is not so. I'm very happy with this and can't wait to use it in my car. I tried it out first at home with my clock radio and it's phenomenal how clear the sound is! If you need an FM transmitter and can't use the AC/DC powered kind, get this one. It's available at Wal-Mart in the auto department next to the mobile audio stuff for $12. Can't go wrong, but I'm planning to invest in some rechargeable batteries soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value!!, August 19, 2010
I have used this product for almost 6 months. I enjoy my favorite music everywhere my car, at home and office with this affordable FM transmitter. use rechargeable batteries preferred.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly capable performer!, October 9, 2012
This little FM transmitter continues to surprise me.

When I first purchased this model, I wasn't expecting much. I needed an affordable FM transmitter and given that this model was battery powered, had a short cord, didn't have Clear Scan, and only had a fixed number of transmitting frequencies, I expected that I'd only use this as an interim model until I found something better. But man, was I wrong.

First of all, being my first FM transmitter, I didn't quite understand just how powerful this little dongle really was until I compared it to competing models. Signals come through on the radio loud and clear. Many of the fixed frequencies on the transmitter were usable for good quality audio transmission in my area, and the cord length proved to be a non-issue. I simply placed the transmitter in my center console, along with my mp3 player. Clear Scan would be nice, but it only takes a few minutes to find out which of the frequency options is the clearest for music. Battery life was actually pretty good, lasting several hours continuously, or a couple of weeks with on and off use. Rechargeable AAA batteries are the way to go with this transmitter. They add much more power. In urban areas, this dongle can suffer from interference, as radio frequencies tend to be more saturated in larger cities. That, in my experience, was the biggest limitation of this model.

After 4 months of regular use, the transmitter got damaged, and I decided to upgrade. I purchased a transmitter with Clear Scan, using AC power from the cigarette lighter, and all the bells and whistles you'd expect from a much more expensive transmitter. To my surprise, the audio quality was much lower. The volume was much lower. I had to crank the volume to listen to MP3s, and remember to reduce it if switching back to regular broadcast radio stations. Interference was even more prevalent, and I found that Clear Scan, a nice feature in theory, more often than not put me on worse frequencies than ones I had manually selected. Additionally, after two weeks of use, my new, supposedly better transmitter, began to die. So I returned it, and tried a different model. About 10 dollars more expensive.

Again, there were problems. Audio drop-outs, interference, low volume, less-than-intelligent Clear Scan. Returned that model, and upgraded yet again, this time to the most expensive local FM transmitter I could find. This had built in ability to answer phone calls, volume maximizing capabilities, remote, you name it, it had it. And again, when compared side by side with my failing Scosche FMT4, the Scosche still produced better signal quality, less interference, no low "hums" or "whistles" like the AC-powered variants all did, and generally a much better experience, even without left-channel audio.

In the end, after going through three other plug-in FM transmitters, I ended up returning them all, and buying another Scosche FMT4. For less than 20 dollars, this little transmitter outperforms transmitters all the way up into the $60 range, with only a few limitations, and some of those limitations are blessings in disguise. For example, changing batteries may be a pain, but this transmitter is also portable. Any radio...your work radio, your radio at home, hotel radio on vacation...can play YOUR mp3 songs using this transmitter right here! The signal is much stronger than the AC-powered variants, and the short cord aids in portability, while remaining tangle-free. The only real limitation of this transmitter lies in the limited selection of available transmitting frequencies, which can be a problem if your area is saturated with radio waves. For a drive through a big city, then, I would still recommend a transmitter with Clear Scan. But in any other situation, this transmitter will out-perform models more than four times the cost. It's an excellent product, and for the price, you can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Gizmo!, March 19, 2011
Mr Doug Gordon (Toronto, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
After reading the 4 & 5 star ratings here on Amazon, I thought I would buy this Scosche FM transmitter for my iPod. This way I could play music from my iPod, not only in the car, but through my home audio equipment too. This transmitter works amazing! The music is clear on both my car and home stereos. The fact that it has 20 frequencies to choose from makes it really convenient. Most of the other transmitters I looked at only operated on 88.1-88.9. These frequencies are all jammed up with radio stations here in Toronto. This unit uses 88.1-.9, 90.1-.9, 106.1-.9 and 107.1-.9. For my area, 90.7 works amazing. For some reason though, I am not able to pick up a stereo signal on 90.7 in my car, so I use 106.3, which works better. In my home, I can pick up the 90.7 signal all over the house and 2/3rds down the block in mono in each direction, but clear! In the instruction booklet, the frequency distance is 10ft, which is for a solid stereo signal, but the mono signal really travels. This transmitter not only adds versatility to an iPod, but contributes to the "cool factor" as well. If you would like to be able to utilize your MP3 player to it's full potential, this Scosche FM transmitter can't be beat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Scosche FMT4: So far... Great!, August 17, 2011
P. Lease (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This is my third FM transmitter and so far this is the best one I've ever had. My first one was a generic one I purchased that was a clone of a Belkin Tunecast II. It worked pretty good. Then I had a real Belkin Tunecast II and I was never happy with it. There was too much static, the batteries did not last very long. The auto on/off feature was more annoying than convenient.

This Scosche FMT4 is smaller than the Belkin and seems to be more powerful and less susceptible to interference.

Pros:
Small
Little to no static
Manual on/off switch

Cons:
None so far

I have not had the unit long enough to speak about the battery life, but it's lasted for at least a week with about an hour of use per day and still going.

I'm also curious to see how it does as I approach the city (San Francisco). I live in an outlying more rural area. Typically, my Belkin would get worse and worse as I approached the city until it typically became unusable. Once I make a trip to the city with this new transmitter, I'll update this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cheap and excellent, even in NYC Metro & compatible w/generation 4 iPod, December 26, 2010
Walmart has it too, FYI.

[...]
Cheap and works great. One thing though: It's so cheap that in Walmart, they don't even sell it in the electronics section but in the automotive section.

I live in NYC Metro where all stations are used and this really did work very well, even in my congested area.

Works as clear as if the songs were coming out of the radio or CD player. And if you don't like one FM station, because it's giving you a little static, you can easily pick another.

I also did *extensive* research on *numerous* FM transmitters and have read an untold number of consumer reviews and, to date, this FM transmitter is the only one that gets multiple 4 - 5 stars anywhere, whether it be Amazon or Walmart or another site. The exceptionally cheap price makes it a must-have!

I got it for the latest generation (generation 4) iPod touch.

BR

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, December 15, 2011
This is a decent product for the money. Works good, has several band width selections. Batteries last about 48 hours of use.
There is a slight hum in the background, but not significant.
A real difference for this would be having an internal rechargable battery, charged off a USB port. Now that would be perfect.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for it's price but it's short lived..., February 24, 2013
I've gone through about four of these devices and none of them have lasted for more than three or four months. It has a pretty strong frequency and is very clear but it's very sensitive if you move it too much and it eventually gives out after a few months. Tried replacing the batteries and it just refuses to work.

Rate and Discover Movies