5.0 out of 5 stars So far the best !
If you want a good sounding unit, this is the one. Out of the numerous units that i've purchased, this is by far the one that actually comes in clearly until the batteries start to fade (which takes for me about 3 weeks of using it roughly a hour and a half or so a day). If you purchase this, you wont be disappointed.
Published on September 13, 2010 by Da Sauce

3.0 out of 5 stars So far ok, but very limited frequencies
Just out of the box the unit seems to work ok for my fairly limited needs, but it only transmits on the odd decimals of frequencies 88, 90, 106 and 107. Before buying this unit check your best available frequencies here - radio-locator dot com slash cgi-bin slash vacant and enter your zip code.

Unfortunately my vacant channels are all on frequencies 94,...
Published on December 19, 2012 by David2051

‹ Previous | 1 2 332 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the bunch!, September 23, 2011
I've tried many FM modulators trying to get my iPhone audio to play on my car stereo and this is by far the best.
Great range(20+feet away in my buddy's car) simple to use and the extra length cable makes it easy to locate.
Uses batteries so you've got to keep up with them but otherwise...
I bought two more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear sound from home receiver, March 6, 2011
Rusty B "Rusty" (Georgetown, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I bought the transmitter hoping to provide music from my mp3 player to a 1990'ish receiver (that of course has no input jack for a digital mp3)... and the Scosche did the trick.

However, note that if you don't get much sound, try turning up the volume on the mp3 player. At first I thought the Scosche wasn't working when the mp3 was set to my normal ear bud volume. When I tried turning up the volume on the mp3, I got a clear sound from the receiver and speakers.

2.0 out of 5 stars It works well for the price but it is not very durable., May 18, 2013
This review is from: Scosche FMT4 tuneIN Universal FM Transmitter for iPod/MP3 Player (Electronics)
DURABILITY:The FM transmitter does its job quite well. I am about to go buy a new one since the one I used to have just broke. It lasted through about 9 battery replacements. I must have used it for 300+ hours, I would still be using had I been more careful with it. The plastic that protects the wire tore off a little at both ends of the connections and the wire was exposed until it could no longer transmit properly. (It tore due to the stress that occurred while inserting it and removing it out of my backpack every day. It lasted me for about 11 months.

EASE OF USE: It's about as simple as it gets;there is a button and an on/off switch that control the device. If you wish to switch the frequency at which it transmits all you have to do is press the button.

QUALITY: The build quality is decent as long as you are not reckless with the product, The transmission quality is probably a 7 or an 8. It should be the best radio transmission you receive.( There are stronger transmitters on the market, I encountered many other drives that were locked into the 88.7 frequency in my city and they would overpower my signal,also driving under certain traffic lights seems to disrupt the signal. Not all traffic lights, only some...strange) Sirius and CD playback will definitely sound superior to this. When I first bought this I was skeptical that the lower frequencies would not transmit at all. If you place a shiny new battery into the unit then it will play 90% of the sub 80hz frequencies, there are some frequencies that just don't transmit at all and they just sound like quiet static. There are not too many of these though, I blasted lots of dubstep and heavier stuff through this just fine. Once the battery reaches that 15-10% of battery life remaining then the quality just goes downhill, I do recommend you switch out the batteries when it reaches this point. I also do want to emphasize that in order to avoid having to turn the stereo volume on your vehicle to max and then blowing the speakers when switching inputs, you will have to turn up the volume on your mp3 player or w/e you use to transmit music all the way up. I use a j3 and it's always on 40, good thing the battery on that bad boy lasts as long as the battery on the transmitter.

Verdict: It's great for the price and the quality is good for most on-board car stereos and speakers. This is a good product,I am about to go buy another one lol

NOTES: If you are looking into getting a new portable music player and you only want quality music without all the extras today's phones and ipods have I recommend this to you( Cowon J3 ) :), happy hunting and thanks for reading this!

EDIT: Wow, so I went to walmart yesterday and picked up a new one. It did not work, the 88 and the 107 light would stay on. I'll return it tomorrow and exchange it for a new one I said. Well I just came back from walmart and i regret to announce that the new one does not work either. I had 2 DOAs from the same store. I don't think I can trust this company any more. I'm lowering the rating to a 2 out of 5. This is simply unacceptable, especially for people that order online and have to wait weeks in order to exchange their unit. If you are lucky and get a good unit like I did the first time then good for you, it's a good product when it works, otherwise It's probably better to look into a more reliable company.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ease of use VS bad quality, January 21, 2011
I guess I can't complain too much, since I've had it for several months but the cord just started fraying and pulling out of the transmitter. It now will only play on one frequency (which is not the one it is set on). Another problem I have had since I got it, is that if it is anywhere near anything that even resembles metal (like the metal spirals on a spiral notebook) the signal starts getting fuzzy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, September 15, 2012
Upon first turning it on the FM station selection lights were stuck on 107.9. Turning it off and on would occasionally switch it to 107.1 or turn on a third light. Testing it while it was at 107.9 I found that it does indeed transmit, but the audio quality was so poor, and the static so strong, that I just immediately disconnected it and went back to radio. Frustrating waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm!, June 27, 2012
My wife regularly tripped on the wire connecting my laptop to my audio system (I'm convinced, on purpose, to drive home the point that it was a source of aggravation to her but I digress). It was unsightly and considering we are now into the second decade of the 21st century, downright primitive. This little deal enables me to eliminate all those problems (still have the wife though).

Install 2 AAA batteries, turn it on and it lights up, indicating the frequency chosen. I'm in a very rural area so I pretty much had my pick of frequencies but with 20 choices spanning both the upper and lower FM scale it shouldn't be a problem finding an unused, or very weak one. I did find that I had to turn the laptop gain down below 10 to eliminate s little static. I'm sending the signal about 10 feet and it sounds just great for talk radio. As far as I'm concerned my money was well spent on this device and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

I also have an audio system in my attached garage, which is about 50' away and the signal sounds better there than it does 10' away although I did notice that charging a cordless tool battery using the same electrical circuit produced some interference.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very-poor range, June 25, 2011
Very fine product---except for the most important spec., that is, the RANGE. No range is specified in the Amazon technical description. Had I known that the specified range is 10 ft, I wouldn't have considered purchasing this item in the first place. In reality, the range is even shorter than 10 ft, and I did try various frequencies. Many years ago I purchased an Irock! transmitter, and, although it's very limited in its selection of frequencies (all four of them very close to 88), it's range is about 50 ft. I had hoped that the Scosche transmitter would at least have this kind of a range.

I highly recommend to Amazon to inform the prospective buyer that the Spec. range is only 10 ft, and thereby avoid many returns from disappointed customers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen to FM Radio in the Mountains, July 23, 2013
amazonian (Bisbee, Arizona) - See all my reviews
I live in a mountainous area of Arizona and had purchased a small device like this when I moved here, since we get very few radio stations, and I really missed NPR. When it broke recently, I questioned on this site if the Scosche would do the same thing, and several very helpful people suggested in the Amazon question area that it would. The Scosche Universal FM Transmitter works perfectly! I plugged it into one of my computer speakers and it took only a few minutes to find a perfect frequency that allows me to receive NPR through a really old FM radio, and it's clear as a bell. By the way, my computer is upstairs and the radio is in my kitchen downstairs and one room over.

4.0 out of 5 stars loud pops occasionally, July 21, 2013
The FM transmitter is easy to use, and works well, except when you are on a road trip and you are approaching an area with a radio station on the frequency you are trying to use - then this unit will make your speakers emit very loud popping sounds - a sign you should change frequency, or upgrade your stereo to one with an auxiliary input so you can wire your device directly. my only other complaint is the cord feels quite flimsy. bottom line - if you absolutely have to use an fm transmitter, this one works very well if it isn't trying to fight a radio tower for a frequency.

1.0 out of 5 stars Works very poorly, January 9, 2013
Paul Merrill (Littleton, CO USA) - See all my reviews
Apparently, the strength of the signal this device puts out is not strong enough for it to actually work. I attached it to my iPhone and played a song. The song had a lot of background noise and was very faint, unless I put it up in the corner of my windshield closest to the radio antenna.

I tried several frequencies, with the same negative result. I also tried it in two different vehicles, with the same negative result.

‹ Previous | 1 2 332 | Next ›