5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value over the H122
I purchased a couple of these to replace one of my older H122 models that had broken. Was a little worried that this version would not stack up to the H122, which I think is a great tape dispenser.

I wasn't let down at all. This less expensive version of the same design is working great. It does feel a little cheap in the hands, but works great...
Published 19 months ago by Wide Five

2.0 out of 5 stars Two DIFFERENT Models sharing same reviews--again
I have two of the gray models and they have been excellent. I was about to buy a third one in red, since it was so much cheaper, then realized why--because you have two different models with very different prices sharing the same reviews. That is never a good thing, Amazon.
Published 17 months ago by T. Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value over the H122, May 28, 2013
This review is from: Scotch® Packaging Tape Hand Dispenser DP300-RD (Office Product)

After using one for several months now, I wouldn't have any hesitation to purchase this over the more expensive H122 model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, light, does the job, April 30, 2013
JB (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
The Scotch® Packaging Tape Hand Dispenser is compact, light, and does the job it is supposed to - easily dispensing tape onto cardboard containers. I have no use for a gigantic tape dispenser with a pistol grip, and used to just use the "disposable" dispenser included with some rolls of Scotch tape (see Scotch Packaging Tape with Reusable Dispenser, 1.88 x 54.6 Yards); but I've found this Scotch dispenser is much sturdier and has a more reliable cutting blade. Well worth the purchase price.

Two notes: (1) the item may look like it is metal from the photo, but it is heavy plastic. That said, I have no concerns about its durability; (2) this appears functionally equivalent to Scotch Box Sealing Tape Dispenser H122, 2 in. I'm not sure why the red version currently costs half the price of the tan version, but in case the price of this one ever skyrockets up you have an alternative. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great simple device, June 30, 2013
The other day I was trying to tape up a box with a roll of tape and one of those disposable dispensers that come with the tape. As my fingernail dug into the tape to try to get it started I pulled on it and the tape tore in the middle. ENOUGH Already!

I read the reviews and ordered this along with 4 rolls of tape (this dispenser does NOT come with a roll). I received this a couple of days ago along with my tape. I loaded it up and played with it for a while. It is very easy to use, keep tension on the tape with the brake and cut with a simple slight twist.

Best part, the tape on roll is still sticking out after it is cut. NO more fingernails!

5.0 out of 5 stars TERRIFIC DISPENSER LASTS FOR YEARS, June 20, 2008
I sell on the web and this has been a lifesaver. I bought this 5 years ago and use it upside down. It sits flat on the counter so you can dispense either way. I'm buying another one to have on hand. Don't hesitate - especially at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last one lasted many years, same quality as then!, May 21, 2013
Solid and makes doing packages a breeze. I ship 5000+ items a year and it lasted long time. Don't remember when I got it. But same quality. Was so happy to find a replacement here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally ditched my 30 year old, clumsy, handled tape dispenser, January 10, 2013
I wasn't sure about this. After all, I did have a perfectly good tape dispenser, and after being together for 30 years, well, I'd become pretty attached to it. So what if it kept releasing tape when I tried to cut it by twisting the dispenser . So what if the cutting blade was a little dull. So what if the tape got tangled when I tried to smooth it down on the box. So what if I had to tear the tape off the box and start over when it got all messed up. I sell a product from home and mail out several every day. What a difference this cute little dispenser makes! NO MORE of the above "so-what's". My old one is at a thrift store in California if anyone wants it. I'll let you find it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not fancy, but it is great., July 5, 2014
I've this this style of packing tape dispensers since a summer job in grade school. These are the best, a little squeeze, and you can apply just the right amount of tension for the job at hand. Little sister making too much noise? A little pressure. Mom & Dad getting free of their bonds? Snug it down real tight.

Seriously...This is a great dispenser, for 2" wide tape on 3" core rolls. Works with all kinds of this standard-size roll.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tape Dispenser. Cannot Stand the old big style since using these!, November 4, 2013
This was exactly like one I have been using for years, and i was afraid for the low price this would be more cheaply made or defective in some way. Aside from the color, it is identical and works just as well! Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars good replacement, February 4, 2013
I have one but it's pistol type.
Bulky and heavy and not so good. but cheap..some of them are really expensive though..
This one is small enough to handle and very good better than pistol type .
but the price is way too expensive ...come on...it's not high tech..it's just design.. ergonomics...compact ..
Not a rocket science tech ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Way nice for the price!, February 25, 2014
This dispenser is simple to load and easy to use. The tape stays primed and does not fall back onto the roll. A big improvement over the disposable ones that come loaded with tape.

Scotch® Packaging Tape Hand Dispenser DP300-RD