5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect scissors for small office jobs
Published on May 30, 2010 by Dr. Bojan Tunguz

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice pair of scissors
I tried these scissors on several types of fabric. They were able to cut through thin cotton fabric the best. When I tried to cut through cotton terry, I had to use a lot of pressure and the same went for some wool fabric that I had. They work great on paper and cardstock, however.

I would say that my hands are average sized, but these scissors seemed a...
Published on June 16, 2010 by C. Wollin

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect scissors for small office jobs, May 30, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are very well made and very useful scissors for everyday office needs. They seem ideally suited for small, precise cuttings rather than for cuttings of larger items. At first they felt very light and flimsy in my hand, but after I used them for a while I came to appreciate how their design was helpful for the kinds of jobs they were intended for. The rubberized handles give you a very comfortable grip. I used them to cut some very precise paper shapes, and they performed flawlessly. I had much more control over what I was cutting than with my other "regular" scissors. They can also be used for artwork or other small projects. This is another one of high-quality Scotch products that makes everyday tasks just a notch more efficient.

5.0 out of 5 stars From scissors connoisseur: great scissors, December 2, 2011
This review is from: Scotch Precision Scissor, 8-Inches (1448) (Office Product)
I have been a quilter and seamstress for several dozen years and I have used a large number of scissors including some very expensive ones. I am very impressed with Scotch scissors. The scissors are very sharp and make a pleasant crunch as the cut. They are comfortable to hold. The scissor blades are made out of titanium and look black (rather than silver like stainless steel scissors).

The handle of the scissors is made of out soft plastic and is comfortable to use. The scissors are made for a right-handed person.

The openings in the handle of the scissors is over sized. I compared Scotch scissors to similar-sized Fons and Porter scissors and Fiscars scissors. The opening of the Scotch scissors is bigger. The material of the handles is softer than the other two. So I found them very comfortable to use for a long time.

I weighed Scotch scissors on the postal scale, they weigh in at 2.9 oz. They are heavy enough to do heavy duty cutting, yet not too heavy for me to get tired while using them.

Overall, the scissors over-exceeded my expectations given that I payed significantly more for other scissors which don't perform any better than these scissors. I recommend them!

Ali Julia review

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice pair of scissors, June 16, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

I would say that my hands are average sized, but these scissors seemed a little small for me. I I think they would work best for someone with smaller hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, sharp and nicely made, May 24, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
3M's version of the modern polymer handle, stainless steel blade scissors (a type popularized by Fiskars) appears to be a real winner. The handle is very comfortable to use, the blades are honed to a high standard and they cut beautifully. I noticed several features which are different from some of the bargain scissors of this type: First, the metal used to form the blade continues on inside the plastic handles well up into the finger hole areas. This bodes well for long term durability. Second, the working surfaces of the handles are a soft-touch polymer which reduces finger strain while cutting heavier materials. Finally, the hinge point includes an adjustable slotted screw which should allow a person to keep using these for a long time as it will be possible to adjust for wear.

Once again, 3M does an excellent job on a basic office product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good all-around scissors - opening range is limited but comfortable grip., October 9, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have to admit that I am a bit of a scissor junkie. Ever since I got my first pair of left handed scissors and my beloved Henckel scissors from the 80s I've always looked for scissors with a great pair that had a good edge, good balance and comfortable grip.

These are very comfortable and useful for me -- a leftie and I like the way the grip feels. The blades are very sharp and cut easily -- through plastic packaging or through yarn. The thing I have noticed that is a bit of a pet peeve is that the blades don't open very far. So if you want to use them to open a box, it is hard to get a wide enough angle to be very effective. However, for the price, they are a great value and very handy to have around the house.

[NCJVR]

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough little scissors, August 13, 2011
This review is from: Scotch Precision Scissor, 8-Inches (1448) (Office Product)
I do a lot of packing/shipping and have gone through a dozen or so pairs of scissors over the years. These scissors are the best I've used, and that includes some "heavy duty" type scissors. I use them for cutting cardboard, foam and tape and these are the first scissors that haven't dulled or broke within a year. They still seem as sharp as when they were new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scissors, June 13, 2010
Weatherman (Scranton, Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Before I got these scissors I kept thinking "how am I going to write a review on scissors?" Well once they arrived I found it was not going to be difficult. These scissors are among the best I've ever used!!!

These are probably thee best house scissors I've ever used. The handle is a real good feeling that are made of polymer, that is it feels like a rubber plastic that does not slip in your hand and they are easy to hold. Feel good in your hand

They cut VERY well and are sharp. Looking at them it looks like you could do major damage to a finger, flesh if you're not careful. Stainless steel blades.

I've found these scissors to cut through anything with no trouble.

I'm right handed, I was also able to use these in my left hand as well.

Very good scissors!

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but cutting is nothing special, not for fabric, June 7, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These scissors are quite comfortable to hold, and when slicing through air, I could tell that they moved smoothly. However, I found the cutting to be fine, but not outstanding. One of the things these scissors are supposed to be good at cutting is fabric, but my sewing shears (which didn't cost much more) are far superior at fabric cutting (and probably at felt though I didn't test it). I would NOT recommend these scissors to sewers for fabric cutting; they just don't cut smoothly and easily enough through fabric. Also with cutting paper, again the scissors do an adequate job, but my MIL's old all-metal scissors have a much sharper cleaner cut.

For $4.50ish, they're not a bad deal for standard paper-cutting, but I definitely would not recommend them for regular use cutting out fabric.

1.0 out of 5 stars SNAP!!!!!!!, June 11, 2010
Updated January 2013

Don't try to cut through clamshell packaging! The soft red rubber, though comfortable, does reduce the hard and strong plastic in some key areas. I found this out when I was trying to cut some clamshell packaging. The lower handle broke open.

On the plus side, these have a lifetime warrantee, on the down side, it will cost me as much in postage to send back to 3M as it will to get a new pair on Amazon.

Original review below. (was 4 stars)

Very sharp, very nice, comfortable

Cut through paper, card stock and cardboard very nicely.

Screw in side should permit tightening.

Red molded part is soft rubber

One complaint is that the pair I received had a small nick in the blade.

Given the packaging, this was definitely something from the factory.

A good step up from generic scissors.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't cut at the tip!, October 5, 2012
Carissa K. Dougherty (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scotch Precision Scissor, 8-Inches (1448) (Office Product)
I was excited to order these because I'd seen so many good reviews on Amazon.com. I was looking for a good, sharp, precise scissors to cut fabric with. The very first thing I tried to cut with these after I took them out of the package was some jersey fabric -- so, nothing too difficult -- and I found that the very tip of the scissors (maybe the topmost 1/4 inch) does not cut AT ALL. It's like they're completely dull there. The bottom portion of the scissor blades work fine, just not the tip. I tried on a few other surfaces (paper, other fabric) and they still didn't work. What good are "precision" scissors if the tips don't cut??? I will be contacting 3M (makers of these scissors) to see about their "lifetime warranty" but I'm not hopeful -- a lot of those big companies will only replace/refund for you if you return the original product (and pay for shipping) and I don't see much point in that.

Scotch Precision Scissor, 8-Inches (1448)
$14.94 $5.82