Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

I have been a quilter and seamstress for several dozen years and I have used a large number of scissors including some very expensive ones. I am very impressed with Scotch scissors. The scissors are very sharp and make a pleasant crunch as the cut. They are comfortable to hold. The scissor blades are made out of titanium and look black (rather than silver like stainless steel scissors).

The handle of the scissors is made of out soft plastic and is comfortable to use. The scissors are made for a right-handed person.

The openings in the handle of the scissors is over sized. I compared Scotch scissors to similar-sized Fons and Porter scissors and Fiscars scissors. The opening of the Scotch scissors is bigger. The material of the handles is softer than the other two. So I found them very comfortable to use for a long time.

I weighed Scotch scissors on the postal scale, they weigh in at 2.9 oz. They are heavy enough to do heavy duty cutting, yet not too heavy for me to get tired while using them.

Overall, the scissors over-exceeded my expectations given that I payed significantly more for other scissors which don't perform any better than these scissors. I recommend them!

Ali Julia review
33 comments|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2011
I do a lot of packing/shipping and have gone through a dozen or so pairs of scissors over the years. These scissors are the best I've used, and that includes some "heavy duty" type scissors. I use them for cutting cardboard, foam and tape and these are the first scissors that haven't dulled or broke within a year. They still seem as sharp as when they were new.
VINE VOICEon May 24, 2010
Item Package Quantity: 1|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
3M's version of the modern polymer handle, stainless steel blade scissors (a type popularized by Fiskars) appears to be a real winner. The handle is very comfortable to use, the blades are honed to a high standard and they cut beautifully. I noticed several features which are different from some of the bargain scissors of this type: First, the metal used to form the blade continues on inside the plastic handles well up into the finger hole areas. This bodes well for long term durability. Second, the working surfaces of the handles are a soft-touch polymer which reduces finger strain while cutting heavier materials. Finally, the hinge point includes an adjustable slotted screw which should allow a person to keep using these for a long time as it will be possible to adjust for wear.

Once again, 3M does an excellent job on a basic office product.
22 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon June 16, 2010
Item Package Quantity: 1|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I tried these scissors on several types of fabric. They were able to cut through thin cotton fabric the best. When I tried to cut through cotton terry, I had to use a lot of pressure and the same went for some wool fabric that I had. They work great on paper and cardstock, however.

I would say that my hands are average sized, but these scissors seemed a little small for me. I I think they would work best for someone with smaller hands.
on October 5, 2012
I was excited to order these because I'd seen so many good reviews on Amazon.com. I was looking for a good, sharp, precise scissors to cut fabric with. The very first thing I tried to cut with these after I took them out of the package was some jersey fabric -- so, nothing too difficult -- and I found that the very tip of the scissors (maybe the topmost 1/4 inch) does not cut AT ALL. It's like they're completely dull there. The bottom portion of the scissor blades work fine, just not the tip. I tried on a few other surfaces (paper, other fabric) and they still didn't work. What good are "precision" scissors if the tips don't cut??? I will be contacting 3M (makers of these scissors) to see about their "lifetime warranty" but I'm not hopeful -- a lot of those big companies will only replace/refund for you if you return the original product (and pay for shipping) and I don't see much point in that.
on November 27, 2013
These may look like scissors, but they're more than that...

I bought these scissors because I got so sick of my manhood being questioned by my girlfriend for not being able to open various household items. For example: one Sunday afternoon I had tried to open a box of Cheese-Its... but couldn't. I quickly realized I didn't have scissors, so I logged into my Amazon account and found the sharpest most badass looking scissors money could buy. Of course that is why you are drawn to these... (red=color of badassery) So I got the two day shipping (fast as hell I might add) and used the scissors to open my box of Cheese-Its. This then proved I was a man to my girlfriend who then told her millionaire dad who bought me a Lambo. The End!

Moral of the story: Buy the scissors, become a man, and receive a Lambo...Simple as that
Updated January 2013

Don't try to cut through clamshell packaging! The soft red rubber, though comfortable, does reduce the hard and strong plastic in some key areas. I found this out when I was trying to cut some clamshell packaging. The lower handle broke open.

On the plus side, these have a lifetime warrantee, on the down side, it will cost me as much in postage to send back to 3M as it will to get a new pair on Amazon.

Original review below. (was 4 stars)

Very sharp, very nice, comfortable

Cut through paper, card stock and cardboard very nicely.

Screw in side should permit tightening.

Red molded part is soft rubber

One complaint is that the pair I received had a small nick in the blade.

Given the packaging, this was definitely something from the factory.

A good step up from generic scissors.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 23, 2010
Item Package Quantity: 1|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Unlike cheap bargain scissors usually lining the aisles at your local Rite Aid or Walmart, these scissors are full tang (the metal from the blade continues into the handles and into the finger hole areas) and the stainless steel blades are honed well (will take sharpening). The handles themselves are rubberized and their shape is ergonomically contoured (for both left and right hand use) so they are very comfortable to use and provide a softer non-slip grip. This will help cushion any stress from cutting hard materials. The most notable feature is that there is an adjustable hinge screw so that these scissors may be adjusted to each person's preference and even be repaired/re-calibrated from being dropped or from everyday extensive use.

Bargain-priced scissors designed to be high-end shears.
review image
on March 10, 2014
I bought these scissors thinking that I would be able to replace some lower-quality target-brand scissors I purchased several years ago. The quality of these is so bad that I'm keeping the cheap ones instead.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 24, 2012
Just received these scissors last month and have really had time to put them through their paces. From standard copy paper to construction paper to card stock these are great scissors. Even for a large mans hand these scissors are easy to hold, to maneuver and use. The feel really good and I don't find I get much fatigue from using them for extended periods of time. I would highly recommend these scissors for any cutting project.