5.0 out of 5 stars Tape that cuts when you want it to!
We ran out of the little plastic dispensers that had tape in them, and I bought this instead, the six pack of tape rolls with a dispenser included.

Published on June 2, 2011 by E. Kerby

3.0 out of 5 stars Tape dispenser came broken
When the tape dispenser arrived it was cracked and all of the sand was coming out. It still works and I didn't want to worry about returning it since christmas was coming up and I needed tape! So my new tape dispenser already has tape holding it together. As far as shipping was concerned it came quickly and the box was not damaged.
Published 3 months ago by Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars Tape that cuts when you want it to!, June 2, 2011
This review is from: Scotch Magic Tape 6-Roll Value Pack with C38 Black Dispenser, 3/4 x 1000 Inches (810K6C38) (Office Product)

Oh, goodness, this is the sort of thing where you don't really know what you're missing until you start to use it. With the plastic dispensers (especially off-brand ones, but also sometimes with the Scotch ones), it seems like I always had this problem of trying to get the tape to actually tear where it is supposed to. Instead of tearing it stretches and gets caught, and I pull a little farther to try again in a new spot, and by now that piece is all garbled, so I throw it away and try again. The next piece cuts but doesn't stick to the cutter, and then I've got to go look for the piece which adhered to the roll of tape and has become lost. What a pain!

I had a stack of envelopes that I had been waiting to tape closed, and I just taped them with this dispenser and tape...what a difference! The tape tears right where you want it to. You don't have to keep pulling and trying to get it to cut. The tape sticks to the dispenser when you cut it, so you don't have to hunt for the loose end. It doesn't tear at an angle and make a mess of the tape. It just works, precisely how tape is supposed to work.

The dispenser is heavy enough that it doesn't slide around as you're trying to pull the tape out. It sounds like it has sand inside, to weight it down.

Something nice about buying this sort of dispenser (and these particular rolls of tape) is that the rolls are each 1000 inches long. Actually, as I was comparing to the ones in the plastic dispensers, those are usually 350 inches long. So this multi-pack should last me quite a while. From here on out I will always have rolls that are longer than before, so the dispenser will continue to save me money.

One small disadvantage: with this dispenser, the little thing you attach the roll of tape to is unattached to the dispenser, so we'll have to be careful to not accidentally throw away the black spool when we replace the roll of tape. I think I can manage that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal for Six Rolls Superior Tape AND Dispenser, January 7, 2010
Conniec "Harm None..." (New England & The Maritimes) - See all my reviews
THAT'LL TEACH ME: While I was writing this review, which AFTER 4pm EST, the price went up FIVE DOLLARS, so the "deal" isn't the deal it was when I wrote this.... though the itmes are still great, just not AS great when was $5 less an hour before posting the original review....thanks, Amazon...

DISCLAIMER: While I have just added this to my CART, so have not actually PURCHASED it from AMAZON, I HAVE purchased this exact item at other outlets.

Scotch has excellent tape products. At work & home, I use both the GREEN box (which is kind that sticks very well and is basically "invisible,") and the BLUE box tape Scotch® Removable Tape 811-2PK, 3/4-inch x 1296 Inches, 2-Pack. The "blue box" tape holds/sticks quite well AND is removable, so is not permament tape, and can actually be used more than once. I believe one can purchase both of these types of tape in Scotch's "magic" tape - which actually is much more "invisible," if one needs it to be (say, as a perfectionist on gift wrapping, or for college / work / school / art projects that would include use of tape to go unnoticed).

The tape dispenser is MUCH handier than the type that comes all-in-one in a cheap plastic holder, which tend to crack, and difficult to use one-handed. This is made of quality materials (heavy plastic), is weighted with sand and has a rubberized bottom to keep it in place -- mine have lasted for many years. The pull-up "arm" to refill the tape is fairly easy to use, so don't need too much brute force. I have these in kitchen, home-offices on different floors, even in the laundry room. When the drop, the don't break or fall apart - watch out for your toes, tho :0)!

GOOD TIP: Make sure when you buy EXTRA tape to get the correct dimensions - the way I do is to actually tape part of box tape comes in TO both sides of dispenser, so I don't goof, as have done in past. ALSO, this is good so you know which dispenser has REMOVABLE/NON-REMOVABLE tape in it!

One CON I discovered from these dispensers (at least ones purchased over ten years ago) is that if you have a home-painted desk top, the bottom of the dispenser has a rubber pad to keep it from skidding all over the place. Great....except it also will leave marks on your desk surface, if it is wood and painted, and is quite annoying to remove, but CAN be done. Sometimes this also makes moving the dispenser a tad tricky, as it sticks to the surface.

Just an FYI. STILL worth buying, ESPECIALLY at THIS price - this is a truly great deal, when you purchase with other items to get the FREE SHIPPING.

My uses for the BLUE removable tape are numerous: great for labelling, say, food containers - if you cook for the week and freeze, as I do, I use a Fine-Point Sharpie pen to write item/date on Scotch removable tape, make sure to take one end and OVERLAP about 1/2" so is easy to remove when finished - believe me, this IS something you will want to do!; when wrapping gifts, I am one who likes to be able to re-use beautifully designed, excellent, heavy-duty wrapping paper (especially if the item was LARGE, and there is plenty of good, un-creased areas to choose from for later usage); for putting notes on doors/ mirrors/ etc., even if it's a "POST-IT" note, since doesn't leave a sticky residue or peel-off paint; to tape large notes or other items on the outside of front door, so that again, the paint doesn't come off when remove it; and is a really mean / fun thing to put on tail or head of your cat and watch them go nuts! :0) (just be ready to move fast to take it OUT of their mouths before they swallow the stuff!).

I know this is a rather LONG review for such a small item .... but with luck, some of it will be of help, not just in reviewing the actual product, but in uses and suggestions.

PEACE....

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Choice for Home Office, October 2, 2009
Scotch tape dispensers with refills is the way to go. The individual plastic scotch tape dispensers don't last long and require both hands to use effectively because they don't have the heft and weight to remain stable. This product fits nicely on your desk, comes with six refills and is a much more practical choice than the plastic dispenser.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp and Weighted Dispenser, January 10, 2012
R. Straw (MO United States) - See all my reviews
Sure, it's tape, but our dispenser was bought in 1985....and it was well past time to replace it. I got on Amazon, and found this new dispenser with 6 rolls of tape for only 14.00. It was a deal of the hour. I promptly purchased it, and glad I did. I got it 2 days later with Amazon Prime. Threw away the old dispenser. The new dispenser is weighted, strong black plastic with a non scratching bottom. The blade is sharp and the tape actually cuts very perfectly. It comes with enough tape that I won't need to buy any for awhile. There is a dispenser tape ring that goes inside the roll that is just as strong. Very happy I found this on Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and easy to assemble, February 10, 2014
Nola J Cox (FORTVILLE, IN, US) - See all my reviews
I think the deal was a good one. The thing I wanted was the tape holder, but, got the rolls of tape with it for the same price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scotch Magic Tape 6-Roll Value Pack with C38 Black Dispenser, 3/4 x 1000, February 7, 2014
D M R (State of denial) - See all my reviews
I purchased this a long time ago, and I still haven't run out of tape! Used it mainly at Christmas time. The dispenser is heavy enough that it doesn't move when you pull the tape out.

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely am a huge fan of tape dispensers!, February 6, 2014
I love tape dispensers so much that I gave them as Christmas gifts one year, and other friends who had never tried them before, became instant fans. That was 35 years ago! It is very hard to find the refills unless you go to an office supply store, so I am ever so grateful that I could order these through Amazon. Thank you! Everything arrived well, minus sand that somehow had gotten into some of the shipment. However, it did not affect the tape or dispenser. Overall, an excellent purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Convienent, February 1, 2014
I love my tape dispenser it makes my life so much easier espicially when scrapbooking and doing memory crafts that require tape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, January 23, 2014
Seemed cheaper to get new dispenser with the tape than just the tape refills. It is tape - not a lot to say to review! It sticks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, January 19, 2014
I purchased this right in time for wrapping Christmas presents and I'm so glad I did. It was so much easier to wrap using a dispenser and since it came with 6 rolls of tape there was an added value.

ARRAY(0xd9ddfd10)