5.0 out of 5 stars Best Thing Ever for Expense Reports, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Scotch Adhesive Dot Roller Refill, 0.31 x 49 Feet (6055-R) (Office Product)
I love the Scotch Dots Roller for doing expense reports. I can paste the receipts down and they stick nicely and go through the automatic feeder of the scanner without a hitch. Because all the tape is on the backside of the receipts, there is no problem with tape degrading the print on the thermal paper of receipts. But whenever I finished up one of those dot rollers (and it happened all too quickly), I couldn't find refills, and ended up tossing them in the recycling... which is a lot of plastic and mechanics to throw away so casually.

But here are the refills! Hooray!

It makes the rather pricey dot rollers a little less pricey, and expense reports look less like someone's crumpled shopping list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and easy refill., April 29, 2010
Nuknuk (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This is the Dot Roller Refill. This review is for both the refill cartridge and the housing.

I am familiar with Glue-dots, which I thought when I was first introduced to them was pretty cool. I really like the convenience factor. But there are a couple of nuisances: 1) It is a bit difficult to limit its output into one dot. Sometimes the next dot touches the surface and you end up with 2 glue dots. 2) There are also instances where a dot will get stuck into the cartridge and you need to remove it before you can continue working on your project.

This adhesive dot roller do not have that kind of nuisances. It is not made of globs of dots but with hundreds of microdots. The microdots are very thin as opposed to individual dots from the one mentioned above (the individual dots are thick and so create a little space between the surfaces).

How long is this? 49 ft. You just have to replace the cartridge when you have used all the adhesives. With a flick of a thumb, it opens up ready for a new cartridge. It has a small clever plastic cover to protect the dots from accidentally touching any surface when not in use.

Great application for photos, scarpbooks, bulletin boards, presentation charts for offices and schools. Oh! And fantastic for gift wrapping.

Dispenser made in Thailand.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is the best adhesive for scrapbooking, October 11, 2013
I love this adhesive, it is the best available for scrapbooking. And believe me, I've tried them all. From the old CM photo tabs to the ATG gun and everything in between. This one is my 2nd favorite (my top fave, Kokuyo Tape N Roller, is no longer available in the US). The Scotch Adhesive Dot Roller sticks well, it's incredibly easy and quick to refill the cartridges, it glides on smoothly, and the price is excellent. My only tiny complaint is that I think the clear cap is a weird design, it seems more intuitive for it to be on the other side, e.g. the topside, away from the paper when you are using the adhesive. Once I adjusted to that, slightly changing the angle I would naturally use, it works great. And I will say that at least it HAS a cap to cover the adhesive when not in use, unlike many other adhesives which get stuck to things when you leave them out near a pile of paper or in a scrapbook bag.

Another note, if you have tried Scotch scrapbooking adhesives in the past and been disappointed, don't let that stop you from trying this one. About 12 years ago I tried all the Scotch products available at the time and they were absolute junk - didn't stay sticky over time, difficult to apply. This is a completely different formula.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best adhesive roller on the market, May 6, 2013
I make cards for about 100 folks a year, and have tried all different types of adhesive. This Scotch adhesive roller is the best I've found for decorating cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Refills for excellent product, May 23, 2012
If you own the adhesive dot roller you already know how easy iand concvenient it is to use. The good news is that these refills will save you money by letting you keep your plastic shell when you run out of dots and just replace the tape. The instructions are easy to follow. Save money by buying the refill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for light adhereing projects!, January 9, 2012
Product was promptly shipped and arrived quickly. Item works as expected and will reorder for future use. Adhesive is good for scrap-booking or other light adhering projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can Pay for Itself, April 28, 2010
The Dot Roller has arrived just in time for me. I have several sheets of US stamps of the old kind with adhesive on the back that you have to lick. The sheets got stuck together because I live in the equivalent of a rain forest. I had to soak the stamps in water to get them apart, but then I was left with sheets of stamps with no glue. I tried to glue them onto envelopes using squeeze-on glue or a glue stick. All of this was very messy.

With the Dot Roller, I have found that making three quick rows of dots on the back of a stamp works very well. The stamps go right on the envelopes. It took a few tries at first to learn how to use it. However, at 44 cents a letter, the Dot Roller can pay for itself in a really short time.

The Dot Roller and the Dot Roller Refill are available from a variety of vendors on Amazon and elsewhere, so look for the best price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great refill, December 17, 2013
Wayne C "DIYer" (NH United States) - See all my reviews
I wasn't sure if this red refill would work on my blue dot roller holder, but it fits perfectly! The only difference is it's red.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best!, August 28, 2010
This is the easiest and best roller adhesive I've used in my cardmaking. I've used them all too. Easy to load, easy to apply. Easy to remove if it gets somewhere you don't want it. Fair value for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refill's a Thrill, December 8, 2011
Spudman (Pasadena, MD United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
At first glance I was so excited to see the Adhesive Dot Roller for a dollar less than I had paid for it a day earlier that I immediately ordered one. When it arrived the next day from Amazon (yes, the next day), I was taken aback to see that I had bought a refill not the whole tamale. Luckily I still had the outer shell in the recycling bin in the kitchen.

This was about the easiest refill product I've ever bought. There's only one way the refill can fit into the outer casing. Snap it open, slip in the refill, and snap it shut.

The dot roller itself is fabulous. I use it mostly for affixing labels to packages for products I've sold on Ebay or Amazon. I like how quickly and securely the label is attached, and I've not lost one yet.

It may be of interest to know that the tape is made in Japan, and the cartridge is made in Thailand. I saw no mention of China on the cardboard packaging.

Rate and Discover Movies