5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well and doesn't take up much space
Published on May 15, 2012 by BenB

3.0 out of 5 stars Thicker not always the best.
Very thick tape, but not the stickiest. Don't get me wrong this tape is strong.. like heavy duty strong. First time users you will feel the toughness of this little tape. But sadly it isn't the stickiest. You really have to make sure this tape stays put on some box materials.. I'm not sure why you have to do this but you do.

The other downside is that the...
Published 11 months ago by Grace G

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well and doesn't take up much space, May 15, 2012
BenB (California, beneath the redwoods, near the ocean) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scotch Heavy Duty Shipping Packaging Tape, 1.88 Inch x 800 Inch, Clear (Office Product)
I really like this small roll because it fits easily in my small drawer; and it wraps packages very firmly. The dispenser works perfectly once you get the hang of it. You hold it by the rough edges near the cutter and it unrolls easily. When you cut it, don't apply even pressure, but do so at an angle so the starts at one edge or the other. I only wrap packages now and then so it is perfect for me. If you need to wrap a LOT of packages, Scotch makes larger rolls and you can buy them in sets of 3.

I only wish they sold the small rolls without the dispenser, it feels wasteful to get a new dispenser each time when I could be reusing the same one for several rolls before the cutter began to get dull.

3.0 out of 5 stars Thicker not always the best., September 9, 2013
Grace G (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews

The other downside is that the thickness of the tape will factor in some weight onto your shipment. Yeah, I know it is tape, but anything you put on your package (bubble wrap, packing paper, etc...) will factor into your overall shipping price. And this little tape did just that. Don't go too tape happy when sealing a box-- just use enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tape that always seems to come in handy, February 23, 2014
I always keep a couple rolls of this around the house. I like that it can cut itself and I don't have to deal with the hassle of also having a knife out. The tape is thick, and I have never had it break on me yet, even when moving heavy books.

Also, if you are a frequent Amazon shopper like I am, this is the prefect tape to return the couple items you receive over the year that are defective or broken. :)

There is not a ton of tape on these rolls, but you don't need a lot because it is so strong. Also, this is a smaller roll which easily fits in my kitchen drawer.
If this review helped you, please click on "helpful" below. Thank you.

3.0 out of 5 stars I just spent $5 to tape up 10 boxes, August 17, 2012
This is a pretty rotten value, and I wasn't going heavy on the tape either. Buying the tape one roll at a time is a terrible deal. 800 inches is about 22 yards of tape. It's good tape, but you can find it at half this price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not satisfied, April 2, 2013
not really satisfied with this because: 1) it doesn't fit a tape-gun (core diameter is half the regular size). 2) very less quantity of tape (because diameter is so small) for the price it has. 3) doesn't stick well enough to the corrugated boxes I used.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the cost, June 8, 2013
This packaging tape is just average - it's not horrible, but it doesn't quite do the job. Very stiff, not sticky enough. Would not purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars ✔ The BEST! We packed 10,000 books with this tape, June 3, 2014
The above statement is correct, and not an exaggeration. Used this product exclusively, with brief, and ill-thought excursions trying the cheapie stuff. We really "like" the cheap tape when you can't find the end, and waste 15 minutes. Does that sound familiar to anyone? So, we always come back to the tried and true.

✔ Great product - Highly Recommend!

3.0 out of 5 stars Over Priced, April 15, 2014
While the tape does its job, the amount that comes on a roll is too little. I should have known the a head of time... but you will be a head buying a tape gun that can take larger rolls. The tape is fine, but the price is too steep.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's The Real Deal, May 14, 2012
Spudman (Pasadena, MD United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Scotch has become one of those generic names used to label all products in a category, in this case tape. To get the real deal delivered to one's house for a more than reasonable price was quite satisfying.

This generously sized roll of tape is heavy, thick, and sticky. It covers labels with clarity and keeps them stuck. In stores locally I've seen other brands of tape being sold for about the same price as I paid for this roll, some even holding less tape.

The only negative, if there is one, is that dispensing this tape is not a quiet process. If you are trying to secretly tape a package with someone in the next room, or maybe even the next house, you may want to try a quieter brand. As for me, I'm very happy with my roll or real Scotch packaging tape. Now I'll just patiently wait for my next sale on Ebay or Amazon with tape ready for action.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good (and expensive)!, April 26, 2014
T. J. Perkins (Harrisonburg, VA) - See all my reviews
There is no better shipping tape on the market. None of this thin-as-ice tape that tears or wraps around your fingers. However, man, you do pay for it.

Rate and Discover Movies