5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well and doesn't take up much space
Published on May 15, 2012 by BenB

3.0 out of 5 stars Thicker not always the best.
Very thick tape, but not the stickiest. Don't get me wrong this tape is strong.. like heavy duty strong. First time users you will feel the toughness of this little tape. But sadly it isn't the stickiest. You really have to make sure this tape stays put on some box materials.. I'm not sure why you have to do this but you do.

The other downside is that the...
Published 13 months ago by Grace G

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well and doesn't take up much space, May 15, 2012
BenB (California, beneath the redwoods, near the ocean) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scotch Heavy Duty Shipping Packaging Tape, 1.88 Inch x 800 Inch, Clear (Office Product)
I really like this small roll because it fits easily in my small drawer; and it wraps packages very firmly. The dispenser works perfectly once you get the hang of it. You hold it by the rough edges near the cutter and it unrolls easily. When you cut it, don't apply even pressure, but do so at an angle so the starts at one edge or the other. I only wrap packages now and then so it is perfect for me. If you need to wrap a LOT of packages, Scotch makes larger rolls and you can buy them in sets of 3.

I only wish they sold the small rolls without the dispenser, it feels wasteful to get a new dispenser each time when I could be reusing the same one for several rolls before the cutter began to get dull.

3.0 out of 5 stars Thicker not always the best., September 9, 2013
Grace G (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews

The other downside is that the thickness of the tape will factor in some weight onto your shipment. Yeah, I know it is tape, but anything you put on your package (bubble wrap, packing paper, etc...) will factor into your overall shipping price. And this little tape did just that. Don't go too tape happy when sealing a box-- just use enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars ✔ The BEST! We packed 10,000 books with this tape, June 3, 2014
The above statement is correct, and not an exaggeration. Used this product exclusively, with brief, and ill-thought excursions trying the cheapie stuff. We really "like" the cheap tape when you can't find the end, and waste 15 minutes. Does that sound familiar to anyone? So, we always come back to the tried and true.

✔ Great product - Highly Recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD, SCOTCH HEAVY DUTY SHIPPING TAPE, October 14, 2014
OVERVIEW
This Scotch Heavy Duty Shipping Tape is for those that need only to ship packages on occasion. This is not meant for taping boxes in quantity when moving, or for business use. A thinner strapping tape works and is far more cost efficient.

PROS
- This is a thicker shipping tape, thicker than the standard large roll you buy at an office supply house or a hardware store. This means you can use less tape to seal a box or repair something at home. Good quality tape. Reviewers complaining about the roll offered here being smaller than expected should refer themselves to the 800 inches clearly stated on the headline above: "Scotch Heavy Duty Shipping Packaging Tape, 1.88 Inch x 800 Inch, Clear." Yes, 800 inches of tape, or 66.67 feet/22.22 yards.

- The dispenser is handy. You do not lose the end of the tape and go fingernail-scraping and fussing to lift the tape end when you do find it at last.

CONS
- A good amount of tape for occasional use, but not much tape for the money. Not cost effective if you need lots of it. When you do need much more tape, buy the large, thinner rolls at an office supply house or hardware store, and maybe buy a good dispenser gun to go with it.

- The tape is thicker than usual, but the adhesive is not as strong as the thinner, standard shipping tape. You must really press firmly to make certain the tape totally adheres.

CONCLUSION
Every household needs shipping tape. Buy this size if you need shipping tape only now and then, but do not buy it when you need large amounts of shipping tape.

If you have questions or comments please do so below this and I will try to help. If this review was helpful to you, please click "Yes" in the box below. CVM
________________________________________________________________________

MY BLOG: thegoodstuffreviews.blogspot.com

4.0 out of 5 stars Good (and expensive)!, April 26, 2014
T. J. Perkins (Harrisonburg, VA) - See all my reviews
There is no better shipping tape on the market. None of this thin-as-ice tape that tears or wraps around your fingers. However, man, you do pay for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tape, July 25, 2012
Onifer76 (East Palestine, Ohio) - See all my reviews
Even though this is just packaging tape its made by scotch which lets you know its a great product and it does perform like it should. Easy amazon prime 2 day free shipping made it worth it to not drive to walmart.

1.0 out of 5 stars Small size than expected, April 1, 2014
I received them today but unfortunately they are smaller than expected. For this price you can buy a bigger size in Walmart or any other store.

1.0 out of 5 stars 1.5" center hole, not the standard 3" ----- Will not work with any standard dispenser, October 21, 2014
A standard roll of tape has a three inch center, this one is half that size. Nowhere in the product description is this mentioned. It only says 1.88" which IS indeed the WIDTH of a standard roll. I even measured before I ordered. I have a couple of standard dispensers and planned to chuck the cheapy and use the tape with my good dispensers. This comes down to an inadequate product description. I've never even seen a roll of packaging tape with such a tiny center. See photo offered by another one star reviewer, "Stinky Britches."

1.0 out of 5 stars really disappointed, April 4, 2014
I thought I was getting a standard roll of tape for $4 but instead I got a roll that will barely tape up one box! It's my fault for not understanding the packaging size when I ordered but this will definitely not do the job! Completely not worth the money and I won't bother returning it because it costs more than $4 to ship it back. I won't be buying tape from Amazon again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tape, holds nicely !!, February 6, 2014
I bought this tape when I was changing apartments. I used it on the cardboard boxes. It's nice and easy to handle. Holds well on to the boxes. Doesn't tear unexpectedly.

I would recommend it to others !