Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Size: 4|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on June 14, 2013
This falls right off the boxes if you leave it there for a few days. The Duck brand high performance (HP) packaging tape is 10 times better for moving. Just search for it on Amazon and you can buy 3-packs or 8-packs.
on July 21, 2016
This tape ended up starting to lift after taping up moving boxes. NOT a good thing when you feel you have safe and secure boxes for moving , and before the move it starts lifting. I don't know if it is a bad batch by the company, but bought 8 rolls total. I would not recommend this from what happened to us. Had to go buy some of the neutral brown color kind from a different brand, and it is holding. What a pain !!
on December 13, 2013
You would figure that PACKING tape would work well on boxes... well, this doesnt. I am constantly finding that the tape simply does not stick to clean, new cardboard boxes. I will need to find another supplier for packing tape for my boxes now. I can not have my products coming open while in the mail.
on June 14, 2016
Maybe I got a bad batch, but like others have said, this tape adheres poorly to cardboard; it adheres to itself, plastic, and regular paper. To seal a large shipping box, I have to circle the whole box with tape so it can adhere to itself, and make more than one circle both horizontally and vertically. Not good...
on February 26, 2016
Doesn't stick for long. This stuff is especially 'dangerous' because at first it appears to stick fine. If you let packages sit for a while though the ends will stop sticking and start peeling off. In other words, it does not stay stuck to cardboard. This is a problem if you wrap something and drop it straight in the post thinking everything's cool, not knowing that somewhere along the way, this tape will just quit doing its job.

This happened on a variety of new and reused boxes I used. This happened to pretty much every box I packed for shipping, leading to the tops just opening up. Luckily I noticed before shipping.

There is a work-around, which is to make sure the ends are stuck to other tape and not just ended on the side of the box (it will stick to itself). This leads to having to use much more tape than you should, as you have to encircle the entire box in tape. If you pack extra well, like I do, that's a lot of tape wasted. 2 or 3 times completely around the length and a couple times completely around the width.

I know I have used Scotch ('heavy duty' I think) in the past and it has worked great but these were just garbage. Maybe I'll spend the extra money and try the Heavy Duty again.
on February 17, 2014
Insert tape, pull it out, it BREAKS. Adjust the tension; pill it out, it BREAKS. WHY NOT MAKE A THICKER TAPE? People don't mind paying a few extra cents if the product is good. What happened to SCOTCH quality? 3M? Making Moving Miserable.
This makes a simple job very frustrating.
on November 26, 2015
This product is terrible - I am moving and wanted to use this to seal the boxes before I pack them - after a few days the tope started to come off the boxes so now I have to go out and purchase locally better tape for moving and sealing the boxes - This product should not be sold for the purpose of using for moving and sealing the boxes
on June 13, 2016
I had the same problem as another reviewer. I packed a dozen moving boxes yesterday and this morning all the tape is lifting off. So I have to get more tape and re-tape them all. Poor product. Does not work as stated.
on April 26, 2016
When you are moving, the last thing you need is inferior tape! This tape will not save you time, or money. Tape comes off the box right away, does not stick! Horrible! The boxes are not overfilled, and the tape will not even hold down the flaps of the box.
review image
on June 27, 2014
We recently moved and went through a lot of packing material rather quickly. I am so glad I bought these since I really didn't have to worry about running out of tape.

Pros
- Good quality, worked well to box up packages of all different sizes, small, medium, large
- With a 2 room apartment, we had over 50+ boxes that were built and packaged and not 1 of them had issues. We almost literally needed about 2.5 of these for the entire move and we were quite liberal.
- I like the fact that these are transparent, helps if you need to write things over it (also makes sure no one else has opened the package since you'll see your writing across the tape)

Cons
- Not necessarily a problem with this product but it was a little bit of a struggle get it on the tape gun, could just be the design and sizing between the two not matching up. Nonetheless, we didn't really have to work too hard to get it on it. Once it is on the tape gun, you are set.