4.0 out of 5 stars Cross Country Move
Published on December 30, 2011 by G. Allen

Published 23 months ago by Wing Wong

4.0 out of 5 stars Cross Country Move, December 30, 2011
Moved cross country primarily using these boxes. Do be careful as the fold points are weak, so lots of extra tape is a good thing. Of the 25, about 6 burst down corners or edges during the move. More detail: hired a moving company with my own packing - meaning it went from home to truck, truck to warehouse, warehouse to truck, truck to smaller truck, truck to new home. They performed pretty well, but really should be reinforced with tape at all crease points.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, June 15, 2012
A few of the boxes in the stack of 25 were defective. There didn't seem to be an adequate amount of glue between the cardboards layers, rendering the finished product very unstable. Defectives returned/replaced which is why there is -1 star. The boxes that were created correctly worked perfectly, for heavy loads i recommend reinforcing the corners. The boxes were shipped bundled, within an outer box. 4 stars, deserved 5 but had a mishap.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete lack of packaging during shipping! Found damaged on arrival!, May 29, 2012
Are the boxes themselves fine? Yes, sure. The ones that weren't damaged due to LACK of packaging. What was the packaging? A single thing plastic binding strap that actually cut through several of the boxes. I ordered 2 bundles of 25 boxes. Both were held together with just 1 strap. The strap had cut into the cardboard boxes I had purchased to the point that when I actually use them, there will be holes in the corners, compromising their strength and usefulness.

Several of the boxes on the outside were also heavily dented and actually punched through in several places. One box had one of the closing flaps torn off, like someone needed a piece of cardboard and just ripped it off.

WTH!?

EVERY other company I've bought packaging from has shipped their bulk boxes inside of another box to protect the folded boxes from damage.

Whom do I blame for this? Amazon? Scotch/3M? Also, they were left outside, leaning against the wall. Had it rained, the whole set of 50 boxes would have been completely destroyed.

NOT HAPPY. I would recommend that folks NOT buy bulk boxes from Amazon as they have no clue as to how to properly send folded containers. Next time I need boxes, I'll buy elsewhere, as apparently, I have no guarantee of any box getting through without being damaged.

Btw, I would have refused delivery had the delivery person actually knocked on the door and I had been given a chance to inspect the items. Also, I would have filed for a partial refund, had Amazon actually had an option for this. Will revise this if there is such a mechanism.

So, no, NOT happy to have bought 50 boxes for packing and shipping things to receive 2 bundles of improperly packaged items that have been damaged and soiled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, September 20, 2012
Great Value for the money. Would purchase again if and when I move. I am impressed with the price per box compared to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Price & Quality, July 29, 2013
I just finished using some of these boxes yesterday to start packing for my move. I was really happy with the format of the boxes with respect to the quality and box decoration. It allows you to clearly identify where boxes will be going at your new home and allows you the ability to document some of the contents of the box.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT TOO STURDY, July 23, 2013
JAMES D MCLEAN (Mammoth Lakes, CA United States) - See all my reviews
These were Prime eligible & I needed them quick, so I ignored the review warnings that they were not verry strong. Used them on a 'local' move & they only had to survive a few miles in the back of a truck/ trailer. With lots of tape & very cautious packing & handling, they made it relatively unscathed. Do not buy these for a serious move. Spend a bit more for the higher quality boxes instead.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boxes fine, packaging non-existent, May 5, 2013
The boxes are just fine. They are boxes. That said, there is literally no packaging. The boxes are lashed together and shipped, meaning the boxes on either side of the bundle are unusable upon receipt, and the edges of all are quite damaged.

4.0 out of 5 stars Boxes, April 7, 2013
They were boxes I needed for moving. They arrived on time and got the job done. Held up just fine over the course of a cross country move.

4.0 out of 5 stars They worked out well., December 18, 2012
I liked that on the box it gave me an area to mark where the contents were going. I was a lot easier then writing on every box.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product for moving general stuff, December 9, 2012
These arrived when they said they would. Other reviewers complained of them arriving damaged but ours came in a carboard box none were damaged. they worked well for packing stuff. only one ripped but it had been compleatly packed with books and was very heavy

ARRAY(0x958d330c)