4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable Shipping Tool
As a frequent shipper one thing that I learned in a hurry is you get what you pay for. I had my test runs with other econo-priced competitors. The end result is I was using more tape and still not getting a quality adhesive. Lesson learned. I've been with Scotch products ever since and have not looked back.

After testing Scotch's new Sure Start shipping tape I...
Published on June 20, 2010 by JDP

2.0 out of 5 stars More "hand friendly", but not the best tape.
I'm constantly packaging/shipping things, so I use a lot of tape. This tape, while it unwinds easy and is easier to start, isn't something I'll use on a regular basis. It's not terribly durable and the adhesive seems...off...to me. I'd suggest going with the standard Scotch shipping tape, or better still their Super Strength tape - my new favorite.
Published on July 15, 2010 by C. Kleist

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable Shipping Tool, June 20, 2010
JDP (Margaritaville) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scotch Sure Start Shipping Packaging Tape with Dispenser, 1.88 Inches x 38.2 Yards, 1 Roll with Dispenser (3450S-RD) (Office Product)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

After testing Scotch's new Sure Start shipping tape I can easily say it has lived up to its billing. This product holds up well and meets the shipping specs of FedEx, UPS and the USPS. I like the idea of not hunting down where the tape begins and ends. At thirty eight yards, I'm sure a roll will go a long way in most households.

The jury is out on the comedic low noise, stealth like feature being promoted. I didn't see that much difference in overall noise levels from this product and the Scotch fiber tape that I currently use. I remain amused at that thought. Have we gotten that sensitive?

Overall, I find Scotch Sure Start Shipping Tape a quality product that will go the distance. Its easy to recommend this latest edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars STRONG STUFF!, June 22, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We've used a number of different brands of packing tape over the years and find this Scotch brand is by far the best. It adheres quickly (by just putting in place and rubbing over it with your hand), and most importantly it stays stuck!

We like the clear as we often use it over address labels which can be smeared, torn, or rained on if not protected. The 2 inch width closes cartons or mailing envelopes more securely than a narrower tape. If you're closing a box we'd recommend going a good two inches over each side to be safe.

The dispenser allows easy use and the serrated cut off is sharp enough so there is no pulling or tearing. Very happy with Scotch Packaging Tape!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly., June 22, 2010
William Oterson (About 60 miles, or so, east of Manhattan.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Began using the Scotch Sure Start Shipping Tape w/ Dispenser immediately after delivery and the dispenser worked flawlessly - of course the tape does its job also. However, the point of the dispenser is to enable the taping of box seams which can be done with one hand as the other is keeping the two cardboard ends together. I've no doubt others may find different uses for this product but for my intended use it's perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really great packing tape. Wide enough for all packages and holds really well., June 17, 2010
I like this package tape it is almost 2 inches wide, thus wide enough to cover well were the box ends meet, and comes off the roll easy. ***DO NOT LET CHILDREN UNDER 12 USE THIS*** Why 4 stars because the red plastice guide has a very sharp metal edge for cutting the tape. It is easy to cut your finger ( I cut mine). So be carelful when using. I would still buy this again, but be more careful when using.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice! Tape With a Silencer, June 24, 2010
Spudman (Pasadena, MD United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Most people probably don't notice or care about the noise a roll of packing tape can make. It can startle a sleeping dog or even wake up an irritated spouse. I do occasional shipping of Ebay stuff and sometimes get the packages ready while Mrs. Spudman is napping. It is during those times that I hear firsthand the raucous cacophony of intrusive noise coming from a cheap tape reel. It's as loud and irritating as sharp fingernails scraping a chalkboard in the middle of the night.

This new Scotch Shipping Packaging tape is terrific. It glides from the reel as silently as a shark in the ocean's depths and sticks firmly to its intended target. After sealing a few boxes I'm impressed by the smoothness of application and the firm adhesive qualities of this tape. I'm a believer. I'm a believer. Yes, I am.

5.0 out of 5 stars It certainly does the trick!, June 22, 2010
Mark Hennicke (A stone's throw from Carnegie Hall) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Without question, choosing a shipping tape when you need to send a package should not have to be rocket science. All one really needs is a reliable product that is easy to use and of good quality. The Scotch Sure Start Shipping Packaging Tape certainly fills the bill on all counts. The tape secures my packages nicely & the dispenser is absolutely no trouble at all. It's also the easiest tape I ever used when it comes to finding the edge of the tape when you need to proceed to your next mailing, when & if you do manage to lose the edge of the tape (this happens rarely, as the simple & effective design of the dispenser keeps the edge of the tape in place near the cutting teeth virually all of the time.) I mail packages to family & friends around the country & even as far away as Austrailia quite often, so I appreciate a packing tape I can rely on. This Scotch Sure Start Shipping Packaging Tape certainly does the trick!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't cut well, November 29, 2011
Abhi (Manhattan, New York) - See all my reviews
This is a thick tape, and works fine if used without the dispenser.

But while using with this dispenser, the sharp teeth at the end aren't able to cut this tape properly, forcing me to use scissors. If you apply too much force to try to get it to cut the tape, you end up risking injuries, and misaligning the tap seam or hitting table or whatever object the box is lying onto.

I won't recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not stick!!!, August 28, 2011
Bought 3 rolls. First use was to attach a small piece of paper with speed dial numbers to the back of my three telephones. The tape, for this purpose, is useless. I then tried what was left of the US Postal Service tape (looks the same), and it held perfectly. The Scotch product is clearly inferior. Rather than try on a package, I will return for a refund.

2.0 out of 5 stars More "hand friendly", but not the best tape., July 15, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, July 2, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The tape is lightweight, but strong.
The dispenser keeps the tape end in place where you can see it easily and ready for the next use.
The cutter works very well.
There is no pulling or struggling with the tape.
There is no making mistakes. This shipping tape is very quick and convenient.
A fine product.