Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 100 questions
votes
I have laminated more than 500 8.5x11 pouches in the last 12 months, for all sorts of uses. I have laminated 8.5x11 paper sheets and cut them later, and I have cut and arranged smaller pieces to be laminated. The difficult part about arranging cut pieces together in the laminate is keeping the pieces arranged while you are feeding them into the laminator. If you don't hold it just so, the pieces will slip from their positions and mingle together just as the laminator is pulling the sheet in, leaving no time to rearrange them. I find that using an already laminated piece (or heavy card stock paper) to help feed the new sheet, helps to keep the sheet flat and prevent small pieces from slipping as you load the sheet. The laminated sheets work perfectly well by cutting them after laminating a whole 8.5"x11 page. The laminate adheres to the paper and will not peel off. However, the cut edge of your laminate pieces will have the paper exposed along the edge of the cut, it is not "hermetically sealed" compared to a piece that is laminated all around the edges. If your laminated cards will be exposed to moisture, you will want to have the laminate seal around them by loading cut pieces. If this is not an issue, you may load 8.5x11 whole sheets and cut them later, which saves time in the long run.
Jul 31, 2011 by Raymond U.
votes
Yes, that is what I always use in mine. It does a great job!
Apr 4, 2014 by Laura
votes
Definitely. I laminated a bunch of swim workout cards that I take to the pool with me.
Nov 6, 2013 by Jason H.
votes
You don't have to use sleeves/pouches with this machine. You just run the film through it.
Aug 19, 2014 by Portia
vote
Lamination process just takes a few seconds for a business card. The machine needs a couple of minutes for the heat rollers to warm up but after that, you can laminate numerous cards, pages, etc very quickly. We love it!
Jan 14, 2014 by Tamara Robinett
vote
can use any plastic Mar 3, 2014
As long as the plastic is for laminating. You can not use regular plastic.
Mar 3, 2014 by Marlene A. Mathias
vote
No carriers needed on this one. I actually used a carrier the first time I used it, b/c my old laminator used them as well, and there wasn't enough heat to seal the document. It works beautifully without the carrier, though!
Sep 8, 2013 by M. Mertz
vote
I haven't noticed any odors at all while using this machine. Have you by chance used any hand lotions prior to touching the plastic sleeves?
Aug 18, 2014 by Shawn Powers
vote
The pouch is basically the clear sheets you out the paper you want to laminate in. You have to buy them separately on some occasions. They are very common though anf sold in all staples and office supply stores like that. But yea it's the "pouch" that makes the laminated shiny surface happen!
Aug 9, 2014 by S. Chen
vote
Hi, all thermal laminators utilize heated rollers to both melt the laminating adhesive and move the laminating pouch through the machine. A "two roller system" means that the laminator has two heated rollers. A "4 roller system" has 2 heated rollers, and 2 nonheated rollers that improve the finishing quality (by pushing out additional air within the pouch). A "2 roller system" is ideal for most small offices, classrooms, and homes. Hope this helps!
Aug 5, 2014 by Nicole
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers