5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tie!
I purchased this for my soon to be hubby to wear on our wedding day! It's just what i was looking for. It's a silver silk pin-stripe design. It really looks more expensive than what i purchased it for!. Thanks AMAZON you never fail:)
Published on August 17, 2011 by Kerry-ann

1.0 out of 5 stars Ordered the tie pictued, got something completely different
Not much to say here... I ordered this Scott Allen designer tie and was shipped a junk tie completely different than shown in the extensive pictures. It SLIGHTLY resembles the tie that was ordered, but clearly is a fake or cheap copy. Shame on FASH and shame on Amazon to allow them to sell these cheap copies as the real thing.
Published on March 12, 2012 by Henry Allen

1.0 out of 5 stars Ordered the tie pictued, got something completely different, March 12, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars not silk, October 8, 2011
Chinook (Salt Lake City, Utah United States) - See all my reviews
it looks fine, but the last time i checked 100% polyester is not silk.
description says it is silk. nope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tie!, August 17, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I ordered.., October 3, 2011
I'm almost positive that the tie I received is NOT the tie I ordered,
according to the pictures. The stripes on the tie I received were much
MUCH smaller than I was envisioning after looking at the pictures on
the site. I guess I can't complain too much for the price,
but as a customer I expect to receive what is shown to me visually,
not something that doesn't look like the tie at all.
PLUS, I'm sad to see the price dropped to 9.99 after I JUST paid $15.

lame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, February 6, 2012
perfect fabric and colors and the price fabulous for the way the necktie looks :D buy it with confidence cuz is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tie for the Price, June 14, 2012
I am a financial advisor and constantly in front of clients. I have some fairly pricy ties in my closet, but I also have a dog with nails that were meant catch silk and destroy "pretty things" the moment I walk in the door.

So off I went on a hunt for "cheap" "expensive looking" ties. This fit the bill perfectly. I have received numerous compliments on this tie. It looks like it belongs next to many of the higher priced ties in my collection. I have used it quite a lot recently. When tied it produces a fairly thick knot (Full Wind) but has enough length to compensate. I have had other ties from Amazon that tie even thicker knots to the point that I can't use a full wind.

This is well rounded tie all-in-all. If it was a $50 tie it would be 4 star. Given that it costs $15 ... can't give it anything less than 5.

Note - One person described this tie as "yellow" over "gold." All I can say is, the tie looks identical to the picture. I'm wearing it right now with a white shirt, blue subtle pinstriping, and it is about as gold as it gets. It goes perfectly with the pen in my pocket with gold accents. (I'm really not snobbish I just like to look good :P)

You won't regret this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scott Allan tie, March 2, 2012
Chas (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
The tie is of good quality. Not easy to find something in a elegant dark green color it seems, so I was happy to find this tie. Used it yesterday for the first time with a dark black, formal suit. Nice combination. (I checked with my wife to make sure) It would be nice if this tie and other Scott Allan ties were a just a little longer; when you're on the tall side you need that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Tie for the Price, July 22, 2011
Steve T. (Irvine, CA United States) - See all my reviews
in fairness I can't give this tie a 5 star because I would have to hold those for the best ties on the market and this isn't quite at that level (i would rate an XMI 5 stars), however, I am very pleased...I stared at these forever and finally broke down and bought one to test the quality...a little history on me...I love my tie collection and am rather picky...I usually wear: XMI, David Donahue, JW Nordstrom, Robert Talbot, and Bloomingdales Signature Line (another good tie for a lesser price)...this tie arrived and I was shocked that it had a thickness that rivaled very expensive ties...additionally, it knots very well and holds a crease perfectly...I have received quite a few comments about the tie which says a lot...not sure how it will hold up over time as I think it may fray a bit easier than the ones I usually wear and listed but for the money it doesn't matter...since I am so selective about my wardrobe and especially my ties it says a lot that I am buying a few more of these...I think you will be very happy with any purchase you make from this manufacturer!

1.0 out of 5 stars Fix your preview, May 4, 2013
My fiancée and I both agree, the color of this tie is nothing like the one shown in the preview.
Expect to receive a tie that is straight up blue, like ice, it has no green in it at all. Please shift the color of your preview towards blue, because the color of this tie is not as advertised. I have checked on several screens all properly calibrated.
Amazon needs to come up with a printed reference solution to this problem, because it allows sellers to fudge with disclaimers and then sell pink as coral or teal as ice blue. If we could all agree on a number/color convention for online commerce, something like a more comprehensive pantone-like solution, that amazon could sell, we could all stop wasting each other's time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful tie!, July 7, 2011
Very impressed with this tie. Bought this for my fiance to wear at our wedding. It is made well and the fabric is quality. Has a slight bluish-lavender tinge to it but should look fine in the pictures. It is definitely better than any of the ties I saw at Sears. :P

Scott Allan Men's Striped Necktie