Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on February 14, 2010
Scott teaches with a slow pace, that makes it easy to learn the motions. I am in my 60's and have gained balance and I am more limber than have been in years. Tai chi is very relaxing, but is a workout for the whole body. My wife and I do the program everyday when first arising, and have energy boost for the day.
0Comment| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2009
I bought this DVD because I always though Tai Chi looked so calming. I really didn't think I possessed the grace and/or coordination to do it well. Scott Cole makes it almost easy--even for us klutzes! I have to admit, the first time or two I had a little trouble keeping up, but just keep doing it! Makes you feel great!
0Comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2009
Checked this out at the Library and liked it enough to own it! Scott Cole is exceptional at making the complex art of Tai Chi very simple for beginners....avoiding intimidation and intellectualizing. Watching this video makes you jump right up and start doing the moves! You are doing Tai Chi within 5 minutes and enjoying it :)
on March 5, 2009
I think for someone who has studied Tai Chi before, this is a perfect video to pick up and maybe learn a few things about the history and reasoning of Tai Chi workouts.

I'm glad I've studied before because in some parts, we went right into putting all of the moves together and I was a little confused. Had I been a brand new practitioner, I never would have kept up or even knew what was going on.

I like Scott's way of teaching as he goes and explaining each and every stance and position. It really helped me understand the whats and where fors of that particular move/position.

Overall, this was a great purchase and I'm very happy I got it.
on March 18, 2010
Scott does a great job of explaining and demonstrating the moves. He's very easy to follow. The DVD is 55 minutes long from start to finish, but you can choose to skip the instruction and go straight to the beach in Hawaii to follow Scott as he flows through all the moves. There's also a Special Features choice on the menu where Scott shows a number of other moves, one selection with instruction and another selection with music. I'd love to see him put all those moves together, but I guess that's a subject for another DVD.

I notice that after practicing Tai Chi I find it easier and quicker to find my center when I meditate--nice bonus I wasn't expecting. I plan to get another Tai Chi DVD by Scott when I'm ready to move forward.
on June 12, 2010
Scott Cole is very patient and breaks down the moves very well. One thing about Scott Cole is the title. It says on the title that this video is for beginners. I believe that the more advanced a person is with tai-chi, the less they will get out of it. I experienced many benefits of watching Scott Cole. I am more flexible, more relaxed, and the video has improved my reflexes and reaction. Saying this, I feel that a person with experience may not get many benefits out of it. If you are a beginner or have limited experience with Tai-chi, this is a great video. If you have many years experience, I would say to get a video that shows forms in their complete forms. For me personally, I have been doing Scott's video for about 5 years. He gave me an outstanding foundation in tai-chi.
on November 14, 2010
Scott Cole, is obviously knowledgeable...but a lot of the moves he practices are mixed up. He goes from Tai Chi, and switching right in the middle to certain Qi Gong exercises. There's no real explanation as to what he's doing and when.

May be okay for beginners...I rented one from the library that much more informative:
Tai chi for beginners
Produced by Dragonfly Productions; directed by Andrea Ambandos

Much more informative, starts with Qi gong, ends with putting it all together.
on November 13, 2009
I haven't done Tai Chi since college and was looking for a DVD to give me a step by step refresher. This video has lots of moves and is well put together, but it's tough to just follow in a "do this first, do this second" mode. Also, while the instructor shows everything just fine, it might have been helpful to have other participants at a different angle doing the moves at the same time. For example, I have some yoga disks that have the class facing you and the teacher facing sideways and I realize how helpful that is having seen a disk with just one instructor. Overall, I was able to use the DVD to get into a routine (I hope I am doing everything right; it seemed much easier with a younger body, that's for sure), but getting going was a bigger commitment than I thought it would be.
on March 2, 2011
I just got this so my mom and I could work out together. She is experiencing some circulation issues and I thought Tai Chi would be a good thing for her to get into. We started to watch it so we could see what we were getting into, and my mom jumped off the couch and started doing the stances. It was lots of fun. It's pretty easy and repetitive, but you do feel like you're getting a workout, albeit a low-impact one. I would be interested to delve deeper into Tai Chi.
A word of caution: at the end of the first sequence, Scott sort of does this free-form Tai Chi. Just move around with it and wait for the next sequence to start.
on November 20, 2009
I like very much the way Scott teaches Tai Chi. He makes it very easy. The exercises are gentle but effective. His voice is very soothing and has a lovely personality.