4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the Momentum From Volume 1, November 17, 2012
Pop Bop "Pause and Reflect" (Denver, Colorado, United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Scott Pilgrim Color Hardcover Volume 2: Vs. The World (Hardcover)
There are a lot of Scottoholics out there, and the praise for the Scott Pilgrim books is lavish. That's fine, because it is well deserved. My question as I started this Volume 2 was whether Bryan O'Malley could keep the story and the characters rolling forward, or would just start circling around with nowhere new to go. Well, the answer is that, now that we've become comfortable with the basic cast of characters, O'Malley has the opportunity to develop some hitherto secondary characters, to expand on the main protagonists, to start up new sub-plots and storylines, to flesh out some characters' backgrounds, and to just generally continue to develop and expand the Pilgrim universe, (although it never leaves Canada, which is great by me).

And as a bonus it isn't all-Scott-all-the-time. Knives actually has a lot more to do here than in Volume 1. Ramona gets a lot more ink. We really do start to get more of an ensemble, with Scott at the center, but not taking up all of the space. I applaud that.

This volume includes notes and concept drawings and the like, and while they are not as complete or interesting as in Volume 1, they are certainly a nice bonus.

So, if you were hesitant about whether the Scott Pilgrim story had anywhere left to go, the answer so far seems to be a resounding yes. Excellent.

Please note that I received a free ecopy of this book in exchange for a candid review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, will buy the rest of the series when available., November 28, 2012
This is a very good book. The color accents the story nicely when compared to the black and white version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful., December 31, 2012
I loved the series on my Kindle. If you liked the movie, you'll l like the comics even more! Only wish that all six books were offered in kindle edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars scott pilgrim hardcover vol. 2 vs. the world, December 27, 2012
jeng62 (WALLED LAKE, MI, US) - See all my reviews
Big Scott Pilgrim fan and the book was fun to read. Cant wait for the next book to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I remembered, November 11, 2012
I had forgotten how much I liked this book. The color adds a lot though I did not notice the subtly redrawn frames that apparently were added.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love this book, November 30, 2014
Absolutely love this book! I've had the series since they all came out. The colored editions are definitely worth the buy. At first I wasn't sure about buying the same series I already had but I don't regret it. I've reread them multiple times. It's so much nicer in color. It's completely different from the black and white edition, it's like you're reading a different series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Girl fight in this volume, September 8, 2014
This volume deals with ex boyfriend #2 and Scott meets ex boyfriend #3. Scott also dumps Knives so she goes crazy in this book and goes after Ramona. Also, we start seeing Scott's ex's and get a glimpse into Scott as a high schooler. This volume has a recipe, so bonus! Looking forward to volume three, loving the funny dialogue and great color graphics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it, May 20, 2014
I'm still so proud of my purchase. Excelent price vs quality. I truly recommend this to any fan or lector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Topscore, April 3, 2014
it really is the number one super best, can you believe it for ultimate luxury and style this is it

5.0 out of 5 stars Book over E-Book, February 18, 2014
I just wish I bought the hardcover instead of the E-book. Something to be said for having an actual physical item. I bought 3 and 4 in hardcover and they make for a nice little collection. Can't wait for 5 to come out.

Scott Pilgrim Color Hardcover Volume 2: Vs. The World
Scott Pilgrim Color Hardcover Volume 2: Vs. The World by Bryan Lee O'Malley (Hardcover - November 7, 2012)
$24.99 $19.07