- Sorry, this item is not available in
- Image not available
- To view this video download Flash Player
|Price:||$13.70 + $9.90 shipping|
|You Save:||$2.04 (13%)|
Size: 1,350 Square Feet
Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed is specially designed with our exclusive WaterSmart PLUS Coating Technology to help ensure that you are successful when growing new grass from seed.
Each premium seed has been wrapped in this unique coating to provide it with more of what it needs to thrive. The coating technology:
- Absorbs twice as much water, and holds it twice as long as uncoated seed to help prevent the seed from drying out- even if you miss a day of watering.
- Feeds with essential nutrients to help jump start the seedlings and help them to quickly grow into taller, thicker, greener grass plants.
- Protects with a fungicide to help keep seedlings safe from harmful diseases that can attack newly planted areas.
How to use:
Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts Turf Builder Lawn Soil before applying seed.
Apply using a Scotts spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil.
Watering is the critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
Seed will begin to grow in 5-10 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Apply Scotts Turf Builder Starter Food for New Grass 2-4 weeks after seeding. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least three mowings.
When to apply:
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed, because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 61° Fahrenheit and 70° Fahrenheit.
Average days to germinate:
7 - 14
3 pound: up to 750 square feet, 7 pound: up to 1750 square feet, 20 pound: up to 5,000 square feet, 40 pound: up to 10000 square feet.
- Do plant your grass seed when temperatures are between 60° Fahrenheit to 80° Fahrenheit.
- Do prep the area before planting grass seed by removing dead grass and loosening hard soil. The seed must make contact with the soil in order to take root.
- Do give your seeds the best environment to grow successfully by either using an all-in-one product like EZ Seed or a combination of products for larger areas like Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed, Scotts Starter Fertilizer and Scotts Turf Builder Lawn Soil.
- Do gently water your newly planted grass seed at least once a day until it has grown 2 inches tall. Remember to water sunny areas more often then shady. Unlike established grass, newly planted grass needs to be watered more frequently as opposed to deeply.
- Do keep pets, mowers and foot traffic away from newly planted grass seed until the grass is 3 inch high.
- Do re-apply grass seed if the seed washes away or is eaten by birds/other animals.
- Do store grass seed in a cool and dry place to prevent heat and moisture from damaging the seed and reducing its germination rate.
- Do follow-up with an application of Turf Builder Lawn Food over your entire lawn 6-8 weeks after seeding. Feeding your lawn is important to providing the nutrients it needs to grow green and thick.
- Don't plant grass seed too soon after applying a weed prevention or control product.
- Weed prevention products (ex. Scotts Halts) wait up to 4 months before planting.
- Weed control products (ex. Weed B' Gon) wait 4 weeks before planting.
- Don't over apply grass seed because the seedlings need enough space to access water and nutrients. Make sure there is some bare ground visible.
- Don't water so heavily that the water pools or causes your seed to wash away.
- Don't use a weed prevention or control product on your newly planted grass seed.
I had used this product in the past with amazing results, but Lowe's and other local stores no longer stock it. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Ross T . Shaw
I was soooo pleased that Amazon could supply this product.
I have always bought it at Lowe's but they are instead carrying
Rebels Southern Blend now. Read more