Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on November 6, 2011
I've tried any number of tools - from my fingernails to fancy scrap book tools to remove labels and these Scotty Peelers are the best invention ever. They are good and long so I can grasp them easily. They even remove Goodwill stickers which are split and stick like glue. They also don't damage the box or the book or whatever item is stickered.
on September 3, 2012
You need more than just these, however. Here's how we remove labels from items: Begin with a heat gun. We like this one: [ASIN:B003N3G4WY ECG HG-300D Mini Heat Gun]. Start with the low setting and keep the gun a good 6 inches away, until you develop a feel for how close you can be with the gun. It will depend on the surface, of course: If the sticker is on clear plastic, you must be patient. Rush it and you ruin it. Heavy paper or cardboard, you can use high heat and get closer, but again, proceed with caution until you gain experience. After 10-15 seconds, turn off the heat and use one of the Scotty Peelers. The label should come right up. If it doesn't, give it a few more seconds of heat.

Now the label is off, but there's a bit more work to be done. You need to remove the sticky residue left behind (Sometimes, the residue comes off with the label and you won't have any more work, but that is rare). We like Goo-Gone in the bottle with the pinhole at the top. A few shakes onto a folded paper towel and a few wipes and it's gone.

We do one more step, but it's optional: we give a quick wipe with a clean rag moistened with Windex Vinegar to remove the last vestiges of the Goo-Gone, which is made from Citrus Oil and will leave an oily feel and lemony smell if not removed.
on May 20, 2013
I bought this because of all the rave reviews. I was STILL skeptical.

The Scotty Peelers came today and I immediately tested one on some pesky UPS labels.

How do they do that?

A tip of the fedora to the guy who invented this!
on August 12, 2013
I don't know how I lived without this little product - well, I do, actually - I had a lot of broken fingernails! This is such a small and simple little thing but works so well. It's a must-have for anyone who re-uses shipping boxes and needs to get the labels and tape off of them. Slides right under any label or tape, and saves your fingernails (and your sanity)! Also, nice to see that it's made in the U.S.
on November 2, 2011
I remove a lot of labels and tape from items in order to sell them. This peeler is a great invention. My hands and fingers used to get very tired, but now I can peel labels off without pain!. I can't say enough good about these peelers.
on October 30, 2013
Wonderful to remove price labels when you an item without the price label. I use it quite frequently. It takes the labels off in one piece especially if I have heated the label with my hair dryer for a few seconds.
on April 25, 2016
I'm a bargain shopper - a lot of things that I buy are on clearance. I buy things throughout the year and save them for birthday and Christmas presents. The only downside of clearance shopping is that most of the items have those pesky clearance stickers on them. I scrape and scrape with my fingernails and finally get the sticker off...only to find that there is a patch of adhesive left behind! I want people to think that I bought their present for full price - ha! I heard about these Scotty Peelers from a friend and decided to try them. I am amazed that they work so well. Using one of these peelers is MUCH more efficient than using my fingernail, that's for sure. Sometimes there is adhesive left behind, but I also purchased an adhesive remover to use along with this product. I give this product 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, and a big hooray!
on March 6, 2015
Have yet to try the metal one, but the plastic device is incredible. I used to spend hours removing labels off bottles that I wanted to reuse. The labels have a very strong adhesive. Soaking them helped only slightly. Using metal pot cleaners helped a little but was very messy and damaging to the glass. No matter what I used, the follow up necessitated using some kind of goo remover, such as citrus oil. This innocent looking plastic tool is fantastic and unbelievably quick. This is one of the first times that I can say that I will be giving these to my colleagues!

It pays however to soak the bottles for at least half an hour before trying to remove the labels!
on March 1, 2014
Stumbled across the reviews for this and so glad I ordered. Very useful for anyone who recycles and needs to peel off tape or especially labels. Doesn't always work, but does most of the time and sure saves time and my nails!!!!
on November 6, 2015
This is an amazing product. Buying a lot of items from thrift stores, it is a pain to use your fingernails to get the tags off. I didn't even know these things existed until my wife told me about them. I actually used the plastic one to remove labels and the metal one to cut the tape on shipping boxes. They are worth 5x the amount I paid for them.