5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have Book, January 26, 2011
Sherri (Logandale, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrap-Basket Sensations: More Great Quilts from 2 1/2" Strips (Paperback)
Scrap-Basket Sensations is a must have quilt book. I love each and every pattern! The directions are wonderful in that they include not only directions for using pre-cut strips but also give directions and ideas for how to use your scraps to make these wonderful quilts. The patterns are wonderful for modern and traditional fabrics, and truly are sensational! I also have the author's first quilt book, and it is wonderful as well!

4.0 out of 5 stars 2.5 out of 3 ! Yes it is that good!, February 9, 2011
Scrap-Basket Sensations embraces the use of 2 ˝ inch scrap strips. Kim Brackett had been collecting them for some time and began stitching them into new designs. This book reflects her taste and her attention to detail. Take her Town Square, nothing square about it, although it looks complicated, the simplicity and well illustrated block design makes for a superb quilt. She will have readers eager to select their strips for this engaging piece.
Looking to use all your pink strips, Flowers for Nana Girl is a must. A pinwheel design with an additional leaf in the borders will be a perfect choice for Mother's Day, young lady heading to College or anyone celebrating a summer birthday. A perfect throw that would no doubt be embraced by anyone who loves flowers.
Are you passionate about green, especially bright hues, do you love working with large blocks? Over and Under will no doubt be one that will be added to your to do list. Again Kim's vision spills out onto the page with easy to follow instructions, 18 new designs to choose from and engaging crisp photos. This is an ideal gift for someone seeking quilt inspiration in anything from light to dark quilt designs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrap Basket Sensations, February 27, 2011
I loved Kim's first first book and was looking forward to receiving this one. I was not disappointed. The quilts are unique and beautiful. Kim makes a one or 2 block quilt look more difficult and complicated than it actually is. Her instructions are clear and well illustrated. I especially like the Island Chain quilt and am making it for my father. It is an extremely clever and well thought out design. I showed the book to the owner of my local quilt store. She liked it so much that she is going to order it for the shop. I highly recommend both of Kim's Scrap Basket quilt books.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, April 23, 2011
I couldn't wait to get the new Scrap Basket Sensations book by Kim Bracket because I have made several quilts from Scrap Basket Surprises (and have several more already cut and ready to sew) and wondered if this second book could be as good as the first. Turns out, it is-the author turns out the nicest patterns using 2.5" strips and the illustrations are just beautiful of the patterns. Several of these patterns even look like they lend themselves as men's quilt patterns which is great and rare to find. She even gives suggestions of using different colorways for the patterns. I have been unable to find her book at my LQS, and was really glad to find it on AMAZON for such a great price. I just have one problem with the book-which pattern I will make first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrap Basket Sensations is a sensation!, April 8, 2011
Martingale & Company always produces a quality product. This is a book that you can proudly give as a gift, and a book that you will be proud to have in your library. I say that, because there are so many different projects in this book, that you will refer to it again and again.
This is precise, great basic quilting directions, but even greater project directions.
Yes, precuts are everywhere. But aren't you happy when you find a pattern that gives directions for yardage and precuts?
Aren't you pleased to find that a very striking quilt is actually made from very simple blocks combined in a unique way?
I can tell you from my own personal experience making these projects - you can do it!!

Thank you, Kim Brackett. Thank you That Patchwork Place. Thank you Martingale & Company.

Natalie Barnes
beyond the reef
[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Error on pattern in book., October 22, 2011
Wonderful book, in fact it is one of my very favorites, though you should know there is an error in the interlocking chain pattern. The upper right hand corner does not interlock. The 2 stripe block is turned wrong. It's easy enough to fix but I have seen several of these made up and none of the piecers caught the mistake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Sensational, April 10, 2011
Joe Fox (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Kim Brackett's creativity and design shine in her new book "Scrap-Basket Sensations: More Great Quilts to Make With 2 1/2" Strips". Wether you choose to use pre-cut 2 1/2" strips, or select and cut your own, she offers you an amazing selection of beautiful quilts to make.

Many of the quilts have a very traditional feel to them, such as "Lake Cabin" and "Town Square". Other quilts like "Nova" have a traditional feeling to them, but updated by using batik fabrics. Brackett played with block layout to create my two favorite quilts, "Island Chain" and "Flower Boxes". These are simple quilt blocks, given a complex feel by changing the layout. I have already begun gathering fabric for my own version of "Island Chain".

For those who enjoyed Brackett's previous book, "Scrap Basket Surprises", you will not be disappointed!

Karin Renaud
Author, "Quilts from the Heart"

Scrap-Basket Surprises: 18 Quilts from 2-1/2 inch Strips (That Patchwork Place)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book of Jelly Roll type quilts, June 8, 2012
Several friends and I have been working through this book and, so far, all the quilts have come out exactly right. Changing sizes, although not specifically provided for each quilt, is easy to do and I have been pleased with the six different ones I have made using her instructions. If you want use up those 2 1/2" strips, increase your piecing skills and stretch your color sense, this book is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars get it!, January 30, 2012
This book really impressed me. I love scrap quilts and I would like to make every one of the eighteen quilts. All the projects from 2 1/2" strips are made from rectangles and squares, using just two methods : folded corner units and split units. The names may not be familiar to some, but they are so easy to sew. A good section on cutting and storing strips from scraps, stash yardage, and jelly rolls. All the quilts are pleasing and look much more complicated than they are. I will never cut a fabric again without cutting a 2 1/2" strip first. I know many of you already do this, so you are halfway there. I am even going to start looking at jelly rolls which I never could figure out how to use! Now I want her first book, "Scrap Basket". A keeper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent way to shop, October 18, 2011
I have been looking for this book on line for awhile. I recently received a wonderful gift certificate to Amazon.com. So I put my list together and went shopping and have received excellent service from amazon and look forward to making many more purchases. I love this book and now it is a part of my quilt book collection. The possibilities are endless.

Scrap-Basket Sensations: More Great Quilts from 2 1/2" Strips
Scrap-Basket Sensations: More Great Quilts from 2 1/2" Strips by Kim Brackett (Paperback - January 11, 2011)
$24.99 $18.17