Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Scream: A Novel
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$8.84

on February 13, 2013
The hook to this book is electrifying: Mark Stone hears blood-curdling screams when he is on the phone with someone. Shortly after their conversation is finished, the person dies. Where are the screams coming from and why are all these people dying?

Then there is a second plot-line entailing somone kidnapping women and locking them in an abandoned barn.

How are these two stories connected and how in the world is this a Christian book?

Mike Dellosso does an admirable job keeping you on the edge of your seat as you read his tale. Part of the fun is trying to solve the mysteries before Stone does. (most of you who read it probably will) The characters provide rich development while Dellosso plays out the grieving husband, (While looking at the synopsis of other Dellosso books, however, this seems to be a running theme) and wounded villain.

It was easy for me to picture this novel as a movie: I kept imagining how creepy the screams-from-the-phone scenes would be and I'd end up with hairs on the back of my neck sticking straight up. The action is thrill-a-minute while the more quiet moments smooth out your heart rate.

By the end of this book, Stone hears the screams while he's speaking to his wife and ends up racing against the clock to save her life.

Part of the drawback for me was the "come to Jesus" moment. It occurs during a fairly intense moment of the story and I felt jarred out of the rush in order to get the "Christianese" section taken care of. Please bear in mind that this was still a great read - I was just slightly put out by this choppy moment in the story.

I can't wait to read more novels from Dellosso.
on February 26, 2015
By the time I finished the book I was a fan, but it took me reading 99% of it before I was. Dellosso must have had to go to some pretty dark places to create this story. Creepy, evil places. I doubted his book and his mesage-until the end. No spoilers from me, but stick with it all the way. Quite a surprise as to who the Judge was.
on February 21, 2012
Scream is the first of Mike Dellosso's works I have read, but it won't be the last. I was captivated from the first chapter through the last. The author's imagery ranks up there with the best, along with his fresh, creative expressions. I "watched" as the vivid scenes unfolded chapter after chapter. I had not suspected the character who was the villian, so I was totally surprised when it was revealed. If you are looking for a good Christian/Fiction/Thriller/Suspense book, I would highly recommend Scream. For me, this book is a scream of success. Linda Robinson
on April 4, 2012
It is clear that the author's feeling about his struggle with cancer are portrayed in the characters dilemma of comprehending that their time and lives are not their own. No one know the day or the hour that death may strike, and Mike drives that point home. I look forward to reading his past and future works.
on February 15, 2012
This is a great suspense novel with a surprise at the end! Very well written and keeps up the pace. Very much a page turner. And for those of us who appreciate Christian literature, it conveys the gospel message very clearly. Definitely would recommend if you like these criteria. Will be reading more of Mr. Dellosso's work.
on May 8, 2012
This book was well written and had good characters. However, I was disapointed reading this book after all of the good reviews. It was obvious how the story would end from the near beginning and it never really captured my attention.
on September 8, 2013
I don't like horror stories, so I was leery of reading this book. However, it contained the right amount of thrills, plot twists, and character revelation to keep me engrossed. I even turned off the television to finish the book!

Mike is a master of painting a picture and inviting his reader to become a part of the painting by experiencing what his characters are feeling, revealing what they see, and following their thoughts to make sense of shocking situations. It was great!

I especially like how Mike explains what happens after life and how we can make a choice where we end up. Very easy to understand and to choose. Thanks, Mike!
VINE VOICEon March 12, 2009
Mike Dellosso's new novel, "Scream", is exactly that. This thrilling novel is "keep-you-on-the-edge-of-your-seat" suspenseful, yet doesn't forget its purpose: to show the importance of choosing a relationship with Christ. This story weaves between two seemingly unrelated tales of suspense each surrounding a lonely man who has lost at love: one, the story of a man who hears otherworldly screams while talking on the telephone only to learn that the person he was talking to has died; the second, the story of a very different man who is preying upon women to atone for his own love lost.

I was gripped immediately by the characters and the story. Mr. Dellosso left me breathless with a new cliffhanger at the end of each chapter that kept me turning pages until well past my bedtime. Mike Dellosso has become my new favorite Christian thriller author!
on March 8, 2012
"Do I know where I'll go when I die?"

The major theme in this heart pounding, breathing stealing book: Do you hear the screams of hell coming for you?

I started reading this book around 7 pm and couldn't tear my eyes from the pages until I finished shortly before 12.

Just when you thought you figured it out, a curve ball was thrown.

This may be just an entertaining thriller, but it's a story that will have you looking into your own soul: do you really Trust Jesus and Accepted Him or do you laugh at what some would refer to as "religious nonsense"?

I hope the former, because even though this is a work of fiction, the truth is that if you really never accepted Jesus, then the "repo" man will come for you and hell follows him.

Dellosso is definitely on my list of favorite authors, and he will always have a permanent spot on my bookshelf.
on August 1, 2013
i thought this was a good read. nothing to the caliber of dean koontz or stephen king. i would lump this one in with reading for young adults. nothing too serious to where your teen couldnt read it, a little too sophisticated for children, and too wartered down for adults. out of more than 20 book reviews its the only one i took time out to write an actual review for.