Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > The A-Team forum

Screw the ones who pre-order

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2010 1:06:52 PM PST
H. Guy says:
I can see lowering the price of something that has maybe been out a few weeks, but 2 days? Really? The price when the A team shipped was 22.99, now only 2 days after release, it is down to 19.99. Kiss my jingle bells Amazon!

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 3:27:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2010 3:29:53 PM PST
Hunk Golden says:
Lol. I'm upset too. It's too bad they got rid of the post-sale price matching thing. People ruined it I suppose by claming penny differences. Too bad they don't have something like, anything over $1 difference during the first 7 (or 14) days after an item goes on sale gets credited back.

To be honest though, pre-orders don't make a lot of sense. You want to have it on release day, sure (I too bought "A-Team" this way). But this does happen every once and a while. Usually movies don't go down in price during the first week of release, but sometimes they do. Why 'Zon doesn't have the $19.99 price on release date is beyond me. If it's a price-match (I think Mall-Wart had it for this price), they should know the competitors prices by the time Tuesday rolls around.

In the end, the only way to beat it is to order later on in the 1st week of release...or in the 2nd/3rd weeks (or whenever). You just never know when something's going to go down (or up) in price.

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 6:56:40 PM PST
JRB45 says:
I called earlier today when I saw the price change, and Amazon gave me the price adjustment no problem. You guys should call Amazon, they will match it.

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 9:24:12 PM PST
Hunk Golden says:
Surprised you got that JR. That's against company policy. They may make exceptions (i.e., a few service reps may do it, most others may not) occasionally. I've never had luck with it though.

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 9:33:55 PM PST
Hunk Golden says:
Apparently we're even dumber than I thought. Target is going to have the 3-disk version (Blu-ray/DVD/Dig Copy) for $14.99 the week of 12/26. Adding my local tax, that comes to $16.04. Grrr!! I hate when that happens!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2010 9:32:19 AM PST
JRB45 says:
I checked the policy before I called and, the policy said that you have 7-14 days after the product ships to get the price adjustment. I think that Amazon has recently changed back to this policy.

Posted on Dec 17, 2010 7:26:13 PM PST
H. Guy says:
JR, where did you read that they do that? I checked in their policies, and it said they do not post-order price match except for tv's. Can you provide a link so I can have it when I call?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2010 8:07:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2010 8:15:38 PM PST
JRB45 says:
Sorry I just checked the Policy, and the policy has changed. Just T.v.'s like you said, But 2 days ago it did say 7-14 days to adjust the price. I received an Email confirming my refund of 3 dollars. This is very shady by Amazon.

Posted on Dec 18, 2010 4:55:34 PM PST
H. Guy says:
To JR and everyone, I contacted Amazon earlier and they did refund me 3 dollars. I figured I would give it a try and it worked without them even arguing. Don't think I will be pre-ordering anymore though.

Posted on Dec 24, 2010 8:22:29 AM PST
911jason says:
It's now down to $12.99!!!!!! $10 less than I paid for it last week! Ridiculous...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2010 4:12:07 PM PST
D. Young says:
@HG -- how do you know Target's future ad prices for the week of 12/26 on 12/16?

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 10:58:59 AM PST
D. Young -- Early ads for media are posted on http://forum.blu-ray.com/movie-tv-deals/ usually 7-10 days before the ad starts.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The A-Team forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 1, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions