Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed III forum

Screwed by the Hurricane

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 30, 2012 7:48:50 PM PDT
Hunter H says:
So I get that there are shipping issues since I am on the East Coast, and while I am upset I didn't get day of release delivery, I can accept that.
But what I don't accept is that Amazon bungled everything possible that they could have. I received a shipping notification early this morning that was very ambiguous: "We're sorry for the delay in shipping the order you placed on October 12, 2012 (Order#XXXXXXXXXXX). We have good news -- the order is now being shipped! You will receive a shipping confirmation with an updated delivery estimate within the next business day".
Now, that COULD either mean there was a delay in them shipping it from the storm, or it could be a default notification since I ordered it earlier this month. Since it was sent at 6 in the morning, I had every reason to believe it was being shipped in the morning, and with no clarification, and all day my shipping status still said it would be delivered today, thats what I assumed.
Except for about 10 minutes ago when I got an email saying the game had ACTUALLY shipped, and the delivery date is NOVEMBER 2ND! If this is true and not an error in the system, this is horrible customer service on their part. I can understand it coming a day late due to the circumstances, but if I was getting day of release delivery originally, I expect them to ship it with the fastest delivery time possible, namely, it should be here tomorrow, not Friday. I really ought to just go buy it at Gamestop and return the shipment when it arrives.

Assuming anyone has actually read through my rant here, am I the only one getting this, or did it happen to many people on the East Coast?

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 3:24:17 AM PDT
Lily says:
No, they did the same thing to me. I contacted by live chat a few times to ask if I was receiving this on time (release date delivery). Both times the cs rep assured me that I would (even though the status said shipping soon and a tracking number was not associated with it). And then 7pm (the latest time you'll get a delivery) came, and my package was not here. I contacted a cs rep by phone and she blamed it on an inventory issue (it was out of stock). I got an email notification later that night saying that NY package won't arrive until Friday. Horrible customer service.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 4:42:48 AM PDT
Hunter H says:
I b!tched at CS, after 10 minutes of his assuring me "your order is not delayed. It will arrive on Nov. 2nd" he decided to shut me up and gave me 5 dollars credit. Not especially satisfying, but better than nothing.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 9:30:42 AM PDT
Kelly H says:
Well mine says it's estimated delivery is on the 31st but UPS hasn't received it yet... so not sure which is worse.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:59:46 AM PDT
J. F. MACFEE says:
Well, I won't get mine until Nov. 5th. Ordered on March 27th. They never even bothered trying to ship it. Just took the cop-out and blamed it on the storm.Guarantee I'll be sending it back and cancelling all other preorders.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 2:30:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 2:30:59 PM PDT
bagheadinc says:
@Hunter, I got a $5 credit without ever contacting customer service.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 8:43:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 8:43:54 PM PDT
Azhrei says:
jesus people, everything's fracked up cause of this storm, people are dead, the NE is a MESS, and you're on here whining cause you didnt get a game yet and have to wait ~2 more days or so? Jesus get a grip........... and some perspective.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 5:59:55 AM PST
Lily says:
I have friends and family in NY. I also donated to the Red Cross after hearing how badly some states were affected. So stop trolling. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:45:17 PM PST
Azhrei says:
good for you, want a cookie? At least you did something BESIDES whine you have to wait a few more days for a GAME.....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:16:21 PM PST
Derek says:
This is so funny especially when you ask did it happen to many people on the east coast.... no some people just lost their whole freakin house instead of the game coming a few days late.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Oct 30, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III by UBI Soft (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (1,154)