4.0 out of 5 stars Scruples 'On-Demand' DVD-R
Published on May 14, 2010 by Cosmic-Surf

2.0 out of 5 stars not the best
was not what I expected --was just an ok story hard to enjoy as supposedly realistic--definitely not one I would keep to watch again
Published 14 months ago by robbie

4.0 out of 5 stars Scruples 'On-Demand' DVD-R, May 14, 2010
This review is from: Scruples (DVD)
Since people seem to be reviewing other formats of this series, I wanted to make sure people knew I was reviewing the recently released mini-series 'on-demand' by Warner Bros. I was leery at first of buying DVD-R because, as a rule, they are easy to scratch and generally more fragile than glass pressed, mass produced DVD's. Sadly, my fears were realized when my copy of 'Scruples' arrived and disc one started stalling and skipping half way through. Indeed, it seemed to be scratched (even though it was a NEW copy). So, I am sending it back and getting another one. My other fear was quality, but this was quickly dispelled. Read on.

I have to say that other than the technical difficulty, the quality of this DVD is excellent. Video is crisp and sharp and sound is good (for a mono 1980 miniseries). The series itself stands the test of time and is as good as always. Of course, we're talking Judith Krantz, so it is as sappy and cheesy as you can expect it to be. The discs themselves are professionally produced, with great artwork and printing both on disc and keepcase.

Something else I would like to point out. That Warner Bros. is releasing titles 'on demand' on DVD-R seems to be the answer for a dwindling economy, which would otherwise see many of these titles never released. I applaud Warner Bros. for taking this route. I wish SONY would take the hint and use this method to release TV series that they release one season of and then never release the rest due to less than multi-million dollar sales. With this 'on demand' system, everyone wins (especially the customer). Thanks Warner Bros.!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Movie From Wagner, August 20, 2011
This review is from: Scruples (DVD)
I'm writing this review in response to Lotte's review of the dvd, "Scruples." I was appalled when I read the review, thinking that Lotte had mis-judged the series. I do not own "Scruples" on dvd yet. But I do have the original VHS copy, and I also have a personal copy of my own which I had watched so many times until the product became worn. Lotte, I really do believe you've over-looked something fundamental when viewing the dvd. "Scruples" has always been a superb piece of '80's drama, and having Lindsay Wagner at the helm of the production vehicle was a superb choice. I have always regarded her as the quinessential queen of the '80's mini-series. And I only wish the television moguls would re-consider bringing back the mini-series before reality t.v. completely takes over the spectrum.

Lotte, please give the dvd another once-over. I'm sure there are some things you've missed. Or maybe you were viewing on a bad day. "Scruples" is an excellent choice of material and a pertinent display of dramatic caliber that should still be apart of your movie collection.

A Dedicated Movie Lover

4.0 out of 5 stars Gene Tierney's Last Performance as A Dirty Old Woman, May 7, 2011
This review is from: Scruples (DVD)
For years, I have been curious about "Scruples". It has been advertised as one of Lindsay Wagner's best tv movies and as legendary Gene Tierney's last video performance. For 1980, this movie was considered scandelous. However, in the new ages of violent music videos, terrorists, and a non innocence society, this is tame. Lindsay Wagner, as usual, is a gifted actress. Barry Bostwick and Marie-France Piser are great as the secondary story line as two people, who are in love, but don't know how to commit to each other. Guest appearences include Connie Stevens, Robert Reed, Gavin MacLeod, and Kim Cattrall. This is a factory of stars, who guest starred on "Love Boat" and "Charlie's Angels". After reading the facts on the stars, I noticed under Lindsay Wagner's biography that she was in an auto accident, which gave her a scar above her upper lip. It is evident here. However, she is nevertheless beautiful. Marie-France Fimer is a striking sexy but Carole Lombard type beauty, who gives an excellent performance. She is sexy and wise cracking like Lombard. Unfortunately, I read she died recently this year in a pool accident. God bless her soul. Barry Bostwick is also good in a not conviencing hustler role. He makes the audience like him in the long run. As for the most surprising role, it goes to legendary Gene Tierney, who played in "Laura", "Leave Her To Heaven" and "The Raxor's Edge". Gene Tierney was known to be one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood. In this movie, it is a sad reminder that time takes it toll. Gene is overweight and looks more like 70 by today's standard than 59 or 60, when she made this. The eyes are still as beautiful, when she first made movies and in my opinion, more beautiful than Elizabeth Taylor's. However, she gives a great brief short performance as a latent lesbian, who is overwhelmed with Kim Cattrall's beauty. This appearence was shortly made after Gene Tierney's bestseller autobiography. One, guesses, she did this to help promote the book. Anyway, Gene's performance makes you believe she was lusty after Kim Cattrall. Buy this DVD. It is one to have in your collection. This makes me want to buy more Lindsay Wagner t.v. or movie performances. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked the movie better than book., August 21, 2013
This review is from: Scruples (DVD)
I love Lindsay Wagner and I like that they made the movie different than the book. I like the movie version better.

5.0 out of 5 stars SCRUPLES, May 25, 2010
This review is from: Scruples (DVD)
I LOVE ROMANCE NOVELS ON DVD THEY REALLY SHOULD MAKE ALOT MORE OF THEM.SOMETIMES THEY ARE REALLY HARD TO FIND.
I REALLY ENJOYED THIS ONE IT GRABS YOU AND YOU CAN'T STOP WATCHING IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 7, 2013
This review is from: Scruples (DVD)
It has been so long since I've seen this movie. It was a very good movie at the time. I like watch Lindsay Wagner movies.

2.0 out of 5 stars not the best, November 15, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Scruples is a great movie., September 8, 2013
This review is from: Scruples (DVD)
This movie I have not seen in quite a while. This is a terrific movie and will be watching over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT. But would like to hace Scruples Two (PLEASE), August 17, 2014
PERFECT. Wish you had Scruples Two. PLEASE

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend Amazon to all my friends, July 13, 2014
This review is from: Scruples (DVD)
Everything I get from Amazon either meets or exceeds my expectations. I recommend Amazon to all my friends.

Scruples
Scruples by Alan J. Levi (DVD - 2010)
$29.99 $22.92