5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful finale but sad, Definitely, still a must SEE!!
Published on June 20, 2009 by Florencio G. Garcia

3.0 out of 5 stars I was done with this series
Published on February 4, 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful finale but sad, Definitely, still a must SEE!!, June 20, 2009
This review is from: Prison Break: Season 4 (DVD)
I have enjoyed this last finale season 4, it's as good as the three seasons only more twists and turns, more drama, more action, more characters, Iam really shocked with the shocking ending, I am not expecting that, but still a very good season, I just wish it's not the last season, but oh well, it made me entertained all these years. The only thing I have hated and not fair about this dvd release is, it does not have subtitles of any kind, unlike the three other seasons, this is too bad for the hearing impaired followers and all those that needed at least an english subtitles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show!!!, May 3, 2009
This review is from: Prison Break: Season 4 (DVD)
I hate all the people that are just talking [...] about prison break and how it should have ended after the first or third season... this is the last season of prison break and the writers went all out with a GREAT last season! full of twists and turns! this is really great to watch and enjoy... dont pay attention to the people that give this a 1.. this is a great buy and its worth it!!(best price you'll get.. I've tried to find a better offer but I couldnt!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ending to a great show!, June 26, 2009
This review is from: Prison Break: Season 4 (DVD)
Prison Break returns for its fourth and final season, a season filled with the kind of high-octane action and wonderful characters that this show is known for. Prison Break is one of the best shows FOX has aired in a long time, and it was sad to see it go.

The season opens with Michael (Wentworth Miller) tracking down Mahone (William Fichtner), Whistler (Chris Vance), and Gretchen (Jodi Lyn O'Keefe) to avenge the death of his beloved Sara (Sarah Wayne Callies). However, once he finds Gretchen, the truth isn't what it originally seemed. Partial secrets are revealed, and a mysterious new player appears.

Soon after, Michael and Lincoln (Dominic Purcell) are pursued by a Homeland Security agent, who wants to blackmail them into doing his dirty work for him. Michael and Lincoln agree to the agent's demands. The majority of the season then tells about the intricate operation they work on for the agent, and Michael and Lincoln's attempt to avoid being returned to prison.

The show slowly grows to a thrilling climax, where many familiar Prison Break faces return. However, Michael's story doesn't end as perfectly as many fans would have liked.

Every performance this season is amazing, as it is in the previous seasons. The characters leap off the screen with their lush, realistic feel. Every actor in this show completely embodies their character. Miller is a hard-edged, driven actor who draws you into the character's world. His chemistry with Purcell is amazing. The two characters show strong bonds of brotherhood and help get another through the crazy happenings in their lives.

This DVD set includes a decent collection of extras, such as two featurettes on the series and its ending and commentary soundtracks for some of the episodes. While I really enjoyed the commentary tracks that exist, it would be far better to have them on all the episodes. I know that there are 22 episodes here, but surely there could be more commentary for the final season? It is also a little surprising that there aren't any deleted or extended scenes from the season. Really, that's part of the reason for getting your favorite TV shows on DVD -- to see more of what was originally filmed for each episode.

The biggest issues I have with this release is actually the packaging. I know that sounds a little picky, but the transparent, thin plastic seems cheap and tacky to me -- not to mention it doesn't seem like it will protect the discs very well in the long term. Of course, this new packaging does make the set considerably thinner and lighter, but I somewhat miss the look and feel of the older packaging styles (call me old-fashioned).

Season four of Prison Break didn't make every fan happy -- in fact, some fans thought that the series should have ended after the third season. I think that this season was a good ending to the series, filled with edge-of-your-seat intensity, and amazing performances. I definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prison Break is the shizzle!, April 27, 2009
This review is from: Prison Break: Season 4 (DVD)
Please ignore ALL negative comments posted here. Prison Break season 4 is as good as the other 3 seasons, if not BETTER! I am heartbroken that they took it off the air!!! Season 4 is a MUST BUY!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars I was done with this series, February 4, 2011
This review is from: Prison Break: Season 4 (DVD)
This season just did not keep my interest the way previous seasons did. I think it lasted one season too long, and they were grasping at ways to keep these people in trouble. I never did understand what Scylla was, or why everyone wanted it so badly, and (warning, spoiler ahead) it was just disappointing that Scofield died so soon after everyone worked together to obtain their pardons. Also, Bagwell should have been killed. Not sent back to prison, just killed. He was disgusting and offensive and annoying in every scene he was in, and the actor who played him did a FANTASTIC job of portraying a horrid example of humanity, because I have seen him in other roles and he was nothing like Bagwell.

but back to the show in general, the first few seasons were interesting, kept my attention, and I wanted them to WIN! By this season, I kept having to back up to find out what had just happened bc it wasn't keeping my attention, and instead of wanting them to WIN I just wanted it to get done with. The only reason I'm going to watch the Final Break is to find out (warning, spoiler ahead) how and when and why Scofield died.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing last season! Can't be missed!, May 19, 2009
Mr. Man (Dryden, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prison Break: Season 4 (DVD)
I have been a fan of Prison Break from the begining and this last season is a great way to end the show! Almost perfect in everyway.
The only thing I didnt like was that in season 1 they said that Mike's mom died of liver cancer, while in this season they say a brain tumor.
And the fact that they removed all of Mike's tatoos in about 15 seconds was a little angering too.
Besides those minor things Season 4 brings all the action and adventure from past seasons back in full force!

In conclusion: there are a couple of mediocre episodes but nothing to really complain about. Its a great season with a great cast and you gotta see how it ends!

5.0 out of 5 stars Prison Break, June 29, 2009
This review is from: Prison Break: Season 4 (DVD)
This has been one of my favorite TV shows ever! I didn't like the ending though. It's to bad the show has ended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best series ever made, May 3, 2009
This review is from: Prison Break: Season 4 (DVD)
Prison Break is the best series for tv ever made, it keeps you on the edge of your seat. Love it, I hate to see it end, its the only series on televison that is worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Give this show a break, August 11, 2011
This review is from: Prison Break: Season 4 (DVD)
I've read a lot of reviews that criticize Prison Break for being unrealistic but c'mon can you name a single series that is true to life? If so, then it was probably boring as hell. 24, which was a lot like Prison Break, had enough holes to drive an 18-wheeler through but was very entertaining and isn't that what TV is all about, entertainment? If you want total realism, watch a documentary. But for edge of your seat excitement watch Prison Break, the most exciting TV series ever. Ignore the naysayers who like to dissect every episode and just enjoy the show for what it is. It's funny, but a lot of the same people who complained about the show being non-realistic also complained about the ending which was very realistic. Perhaps they would have preferred an ending more like Lost or The Sopranos. Let's face it, Prison Break is more entertaining than 90% of the crap TV masquerades as entertainment. So come on people, give this show a break.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ended as Soap, April 13, 2010
Mark (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prison Break: Season 4 (DVD)
Without wanting to include spoilers in the review, it's just a shame that the writers decided to steer the fourth season as a soap opera. It is pretty clear that everyone ran out of good ideas midway through the season. The plot became less and less believable, and soon was laughable. There was good suspense, and interesting ending to individual shows (which makes you want to start a new one), but that's not all viewers should be interested in. At one point, you will simply lose interest with the weird stories and number of side stories. When the series aired originally, I simply stopped watching and only recently decided to finish - that proved a waste of time.

Writing 23 episodes of interesting "prison break" plot is not an easy task, and we unfortunately see that in Season 4. Seasons 1 to 3 are really good though, and about 50% of season 4 is acceptable.

Rate and Discover Movies